• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

What's the quickest way to get the subclass item to drop?

I read somewhere it's from PE's but I'm not sure how trustworthy those sites are.

I don't feel like grinding the story twice just to get the trophies.
off topic but talking to zavala after beating story and grabbing the free exotic auto-levels you to 20

Saint9806

There we go Devrim selling 300 Mini-Tool, time to upgrade all my SMG's

Wait a minute, I didn't even know the vendors like Devrim sell the Mini-tool at higher PL's after you complete the quest. I never cared to look at their inventories... Can't wait to get home to check that out.

Theorry

I really have the feeling they took base Destiny 1 as starting point and improved on that. Instead of Destiny 1 Rise of Iron where they left off and improved on that. :(
I am getting tired abit of D2 already. They give gear for free almost. There is no endgame. Where is that special strike weapon i want to grind for, where is that special raid piece? Where are the Black Spindle quests?
I have no idea what to do with shards also. I dismantle gear because its all the same no unique rolls on it. To get Gunsmith material to level up Gunsmith to get again useless gear wich is all the same. Its a vicious circle.

I really have the feeling they took base Destiny 1 as starting point and improved on that. Instead of Destiny 1 Rise of Iron where they left off and improved on that. :(

I think thats how a lot of people that played D1 feel. I do anyway. It's much better than D1 vanilla, but falls way short of D1 TTK onward imo.

I'm just irritated with it because I feel like they're well aware of that, and are just waiting for the DLCs to make it right again. It's just a shitty thing to do to your fans.

Stratn

If anyone is around tomorrow night @ 9PM EST to help 2 semi drunk Guardians make their way through Trials hit me up on PSN, user name = Stratn99

bigJP

I am getting tired abit of D2 already. They give gear for free almost. There is no endgame. Where is that special strike weapon i want to grind for, where is that special raid piece? Where are the Black Spindle quests?
I have no idea what to do with shards also. I dismantle gear because its all the same no unique rolls on it. To get Gunsmith material to level up Gunsmith to get again useless gear wich is all the same. Its a vicious circle.

feel the same way.

AEREC

Yah...It almost feels like they learned nothing from D1. Aside from some minor QoL changes it feels like the exact same sparse game that D1 was at launch.

I still play from time to time, but it only takes like 10 minutes before I get bored.

Sigh, yeah the power of RNG. Around 25 exotic engrams in and still none for my Hunter.
RNGesus won't even help me get Uriel's Gift from Failsafe. I have the Numbers, but I reload too frequently for its perk to prop. First World Destiny problems (I have a ton of exotics).

Theorry

One thing that pissed me off. Why is the raid shotgun quest in my gear slot? So taking up a slot. Where we had a whole quest system after a while in D1.

Any cool/chill, friendly gaffer want to do the nightfall? Just need one more. 290 Titan and 292 Hunter waiting in Orbit.

PSN SolidChamp

Edit: Found someone. Thanks GAF.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the Prestige Nightfalls. Not this one in particular, just in general.

We've done every nightfall every week. The only one that took more than two tries, was the first one which we eventually did and got the rat king requirement to beat with 5 minutes remaining on. We've done the last 3 in 1 try.

We're all ~300 light level and the prestige nightfalls are such a step up in difficulty I don't know how anyone completes these in a reasonable amount of attempts with the time constraints. For those that do these weekly, how many tries is it taking you?

I don't really care about the rewards, or lack there of, but I have a fat unearned trophy staring at me and how incompetent these things make us feel is really annoying me lol.

Theorry

I'm trying to wrap my head around the Prestige Nightfalls. Not this one in particular, just in general.

We've done every nightfall every week. The only one that took more than two tries, was the first one which we eventually did and got the rat king requirement to beat with 5 minutes remaining on. We've done the last 3 in 1 try.

We're all ~300 light level and the prestige nightfalls are such a step up in difficulty I don't know how anyone completes these in a reasonable amount of attempts with the time constraints. For those that do these weekly, how many tries is it taking you?

I don't really care about the rewards, or lack there of, but I have a fat unearned trophy staring at me and how incompetent these things make us feel is really annoying me lol.

I just do them when they are fun. Because for the loot you dont have to do it.
Last weeks was fun. With the quick nades and abilities. Still a challenge and it was fun also. This weeks meh.

Floody

Hmm, is the Wardcliff Coil suppose to fully fill up my power ammo when I switch it out?
Was just able to fully refill my Merciless twice by switching to it just after reloading a final bullet into my Coil.

Anyone got tips for this NF? Holy shit it is crazy hard. The knights just seem to regain all their health when they put up their shield… Then the orges… Can get to the end but with no time left.

Anyone got tips for this NF? Holy shit it is crazy hard. The knights just seem to regain all their health when they put up their shield… Then the orges… Can get to the end but with no time left.

Use an arc energy scout to take down their shields, and make sure you are team shooting. Call them out as you see them. Same tactic with ogres, teamshoot them. Also, it is crucial to get as many anomalies as you can.

Razorskin

----- ------
Getting all the anomalies made a huge difference for me, once I watched a video to see where they all where we finished with 4:20 left.

Horohoro

Use arc energy swords on the knights, learn where all the anomalies are, in the middle section where you cross that the large area with the 2 high level ogres use 1 super on the first and 1 super on the second skip as many of the other enemies as you are able there. Have 1 of the 3 ppl constantly progressing and a hunter with invis helps tremendously getting past both orb carrying sections.

Went from not finishing to finishing with almost 3 minutes left doing this

Nyari

Neo Member

i did my first prestige nightfall last week (Pyramidion strike), it took us 3 attempts and in the end we succeeded with 1 minute left on the clock.
Running 3 Striker Titans with double pulse grenades certainly didn't hurt...
This week with the anomalies i don't know if we'll even bother.

Bulby

Im trying to wrap my head around this guy -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdTf4jsqMpk

off topic but talking to zavala after beating story and grabbing the free exotic auto-levels you to 20
Really? He auto levels you to 20. So just beat the story and boom, you can skip any remaining level and reach 20? Did not know this existed. Better if I make a third character, just campaign and boost with this.

i did my first prestige nightfall last week (Pyramidion strike), it took us 3 attempts and in the end we succeeded with 1 minute left on the clock.

Congrats. I ran that prestige as well - two striker titans and a warlock. We went into the end fight with about 6 and a half minutes left - ended with 20 seconds and everyone waiting for a respawn! I got off two pulse grenades then died and their DOT finished the Genesis mind off! The entire strike was pretty easy, but the last phase of the boss is just brutal. Once you die, you just keep dying.

For this week - I doubt prestige is really worth it - I don't think anomalies would be the issue - but momentum/inertia when enemies have such good aim just seems tedious. The ogres will just tear you apart. The final boss area also doesn't really have any areas that you can run around in while staying out of fire.

Being a masochist - I will probably give it a shot (I need greaves to hit 305 and am running out of options this week!).

Please help I'm living in torment with only finding 150 speed speeders, all my friends zoom past me, How do I get a fast speeder? all the ones for sale at vendor are terrible and even the real money lady only had a purple 150 speed speeder.

ocean

Banned
I think thats how a lot of people that played D1 feel. I do anyway. It's much better than D1 vanilla, but falls way short of D1 TTK onward imo.

I'm just irritated with it because I feel like they're well aware of that, and are just waiting for the DLCs to make it right again. It's just a shitty thing to do to your fans.
I keep reading this but don’t really know what it means. Would you, or somebody else who feels this way, care to elaborate?

The big Vanilla to TTK shift consisted of:
- a higher quality campaign that wasn’t absolute nonsense
- power progression broken up into smaller increments for a smooth leveling curve instead of the harsh 30% damage penalty for being 1 level under that we had below
- Loadout flexibility, with any legendary armor or weapon being able to hit cap instead of being limited to Raid/IB gear. Technically this was fixed pre-TTK with HoW’s Etheric Light to be fair.
- A number of post-campaign quests to get some extra weapons and lore
- more options for aesthetic variety with Chroma and later Ornaments
- a simplified economy. Combining Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks, dropping Ascendant Energy and its 3 cousins, combining per-class armor parts, selling weapon parts, combining per-weapon class leveling boosters
- making weapon upgrades way way faster and armor, while slow, fast-forwardable via motes
- significantly more generous loot drops, with legendaries and exotics no longer being exclusive to the hardcore but rather a normal part of any gamer’s progression no matter how casual
- easier path to level cap

I see D2 building on all of this; for basically every point you can see how D2 went in even further. So I’m left puzzled - what about D2 seems to be building off Vanilla systems and not post-TTK? All I can think of is private games, shader kiosks, and strike specific loot. And other than private games, which will come eventually, I don’t see any major ones.

Mind you I still play D1 nearly every day because Hand Cannons feel better and that’s literally all I’ve ever cared about in Destiny so I’m not here as a “EVERYTHING IS BETTER” apologist. I’m just curious what you guys are talking about.

atpbx

I just do them when they are fun. Because for the loot you dont have to do it.
Last weeks was fun. With the quick nades and abilities. Still a challenge and it was fun also. This weeks meh.

This week is just bullshit.

I’ve not played with anyone who thinks it’s anything other than total garbage.

Doesn’t help the fact it’s a crappy strike in the fast place, too many friendship doors, a fuck ton on majors, annoying seeking bullet hell boss with no cover...

atpbx

I keep reading this but don’t really know what it means. Would you, or somebody else who feels this way, care to elaborate?

The big Vanilla to TTK shift consisted of:
- a higher quality campaign that wasn’t absolute nonsense
- power progression broken up into smaller increments for a smooth leveling curve instead of the harsh 30% damage penalty for being 1 level under that we had below
- Loadout flexibility, with any legendary armor or weapon being able to hit cap instead of being limited to Raid/IB gear. Technically this was fixed pre-TTK with HoW’s Etheric Light to be fair.
- A number of post-campaign quests to get some extra weapons and lore
- more options for aesthetic variety with Chroma and later Ornaments
- a simplified economy. Combining Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks, dropping Ascendant Energy and its 3 cousins, combining per-class armor parts, selling weapon parts, combining per-weapon class leveling boosters
- making weapon upgrades way way faster and armor, while slow, fast-forwardable via motes
- significantly more generous loot drops, with legendaries and exotics no longer being exclusive to the hardcore but rather a normal part of any gamer’s progression no matter how casual
- easier path to level cap

I see D2 building on all of this; for basically every point you can see how D2 went in even further. So I’m left puzzled - what about D2 seems to be building off Vanilla systems and not post-TTK? All I can think of is private games, shader kiosks, and strike specific loot. And other than private games, which will come eventually, I don’t see any major ones.

Mind you I still play D1 nearly every day because Hand Cannons feel better and that’s literally all I’ve ever cared about in Destiny so I’m not here as a “EVERYTHING IS BETTER” apologist. I’m just curious what you guys are talking about.

Major downfall for me is the cruicible,

Teams are too small, and you can’t choose your game type.

I just want to play control, I don’t want to play TDM, Rumble, supremacy, or anything else.

I just to sit down and play control for couple of hours.

Can’t do that, so I go play something else.

Strider

Please help I'm living in torment with only finding 150 speed speeders, all my friends zoom past me, How do I get a fast speeder? all the ones for sale at vendor are terrible and even the real money lady only had a purple 150 speed speeder.

Unfortunately... It's RNG through the bright engrams. Only way to get a 160 speed sparrow

Kyne

Yeah, the queue times are brutal, kinda defeats the purpose of matchmaking.

the requirements are what's brutal. Needing 2 clan members to start it is dumb, especially because anyone that we've ever taken has already been in a clan and are just using it for matchmaking purposes.

Yeah, the queue times are brutal, kinda defeats the purpose of matchmaking.
Not to mention the group i got paired with last got frustrated and left. Then it's back in the que again.

This feature works for the raid but for nightfall it should just be optional match making.

Edit: i peaced out of the que. If anyone wants to nightfall just dm me.

I definitely regret not trying harder last week because of the buffs.

Sh0k

Is it confirmed that the faction tokens will dissapear after next week reset? Is better to stock up on shaders? Sitting on over 300 New Monarchy tokens at the moment.

Razorskin

----- ------
the requirements are what's brutal. Needing 2 clan members to start it is dumb, especially because anyone that we've ever taken has already been in a clan and are just using it for matchmaking purposes.

Would be nice if they change it to just needing a fireteam of 2 to be a guide.

Top Bottom