• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GlamFM

Banned
I cant understand some of their decisions with this game. I love it dont get me wrong, but where is the longevity? D1 lasted years and they added loads of cool shit in by the end of its life. I have been playing pretty casually and already feel like I ran out of stuff to do. They reallt could have learned from TTK and put secret events, hidden stuff, longer term quest chains etc. They seem to have decided not to, probably intend to put it in DLC or something I guess. Seems strange that its all over in a flash, with little reason to explore the maps like D1 gave us.

I know D1 slowly unravelled as they learned over 3 years, I would have thought D2 wpuld have started at that point though. As I said ita a great game and some of the choices they made to the overall structure have baffled me. Almost seems like a missed opportunity in some ways. I dunno...

There is the Raid that everybody can´t stop gushing about.

IB is still coming

Osiris is still coming

Factions are still coming

So far I have only paid attention to my Power level - the "perfect loadout" grind is still coming. (for me)

I probably wont be done by December when the expansion hits.

Marvel

could never
Prep yourself, I'm already like 200 Light Level and I'm gonna finish the story mode soon. I'll need you for some strikes and nightfalls and stuff during weekends. I don't have a mic so I don't wanna risk raiding right now.
No problem man, looking forward to it.

Running into issues with partying up. Very hard finding a fireteam of members that take their time and are NOT rushing to get into Raid and stuff.

I need help with Rat Kings Crew, Nightfall etc. :/

Seems very similar with the first game. Well, perhaps I can find someone later.

What platform mate? If xbox I can help with any and all.

Resseh

How hard is the raid? Looking to do it with my friend to learn the ropes. but sometimes in a PUG You can get some elitist a-holes who make their feelings known on wipes

Auctopus

"Watermelon" can look lime green on some items, unfortunately it's not entirely lime green on some others.

Destiny-2-Shader-Watermelon-900x506.jpg

RubenCuerda

Neo Member
Today 4pm.GMT Raid PS4
Members:
Me
Tommycronin
Akira619 (still not sure if he will be able to attend)

3 slots available so far

Expect 3 to 4 hours of raiding.

I don't intend to go blind,so I will watch some videos and learn some mechanics. The more who know what we will be doing,the better.

My psn is Ruben-Paharou, hit me up there with a message or a friend request stating you are from gaf, and I can start assembling the group for later today.

Cheers

*UPDATE* WE ONLY NEED 1 MORE AND WE CAN START

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm at lvl 272 now. i really want to get to 280 so what's the fastest way?

i'm trying to get Sturm but I'm at the part when I need to get 10 powerful kills (2 down so far). i know what i need to do...i have been farming a lost sector then using Drang to get the kill shot. It's annoying and repetitive but I'll get there. Will Sturm boost my lvl when I get it? I know that Rat King appeared at lvl 280 when I was only about lvl 263-268 (not sure).

i'm trying to do the milestones but it feels like it's taking forever. I really hate crucible and i'm only at 23% in Call to Arms. activities like public events/adventures/loot boxes i should be doing still to get more tokens so i can get legendary engrams?

Zeus7

So I got the Last Hope sidearm and it is just destroying in the crucible, has anyone else used this? I'm not a sidearm kinda Guardian but this thing is brilliant

Hyun Sai

i'm trying to get Sturm but I'm at the part when I need to get 10 powerful kills (2 down so far). i know what i need to do...i have been farming a lost sector then using Drang to get the kill shot. It's annoying and repetitive but I'll get there. ?

You can just do a Fallen public event and kill the yellows there. Only the last shot is required. I did it in one event.

Flipside

About raid loot:

The vendor for the cabal tokens will only spawn after completing the raid? Not a big fan of that. I always liked how you could gradually gear your character by playing the raid (like WotM). The raid loot would often help out with later encounters. Ah well.

Sane_Man

Any tips for the nightfall strike? Me and my group just can't seem to make it through.

As soon as it starts all get on sparrows and race to objective. Shoot all the ads with void. Interact with the spire thing. Jump over the platforms to the next section and run past all the enemies to the portal. In the next section when you start above the enemies, keep one person up top with a scout rifle and two can move a bit closer on the far right platform. Clear most of the enemies by focus firing them (you can leave some red bars, just get the hobgoblins). Once clear, get the guy up top to activate the rings. You all go and collect rings. Run through the next section til you get to the big open area. Work together to clear all the ads, particularly the sniper and big cannon dude on the roof. Then use supers on the elite dudes in the bases with the corresponding burn. Then activate the rings and get them all.

Get blasted across to the next section. Get one person to go down and hit the switch to start the mechanism moving. They'll probably die but let them respawn and they'll be up top with you. Wait til the mechanism is at 90% then jump down and travel across to the next area.

In the big area with the rotating blade things, get one person to stay up top and slowly clear a path through for themselves. Play it safe and pick enemies off from a distance. The other two go and get the rings and most likely die getting them. The guy up top gets to the boss room and you all spawn in there.

The boss you just clear as normal but focus on the elemental burns. Void bombs, titan smash etc on the boss with the corresponding burn. Use Merciless on solar burn if you have it.

We easily did the Prestige nightfall doing it this way. And we messed up a few times.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
You can just do a Fallen public event and kill the yellows there. Only the last shot is required. I did it in one event.

yeah but there is the risk at someone else will get the kill. i was doing that earlier and somebody beat me lol. so if i do the lost sector then i know i'm guaranteed the kill.

TyrantII

The problem is it caters to a COMPLETELY different crowd now. If you like arena shooters that are more tactical you probably love it. If you loved D1's pvp you (PROBABLY) hate it. There are some D1 fans who are ok with the change, but for the folks that stuck with D1 for 3 years it is a massive change. Its slower, TTK is longer, smaller teams and fewer supers so less 'action' in general.

D1 pvp was great for streamers and more casual players that didnt run with a dedicated team doing callouts and team shooting because you could still use your super muliple times per match and rack up kills. But D2 requires working together, which most people can't be arsed to do, especially in a PUG.

Yup, they took trials, looked at eSports, and ran with it.

Mediatik

It's noon eastern time I won't be able to make it .. thx for the invite

Today 4pm.GMT Raid PS4
Members:
Me
Tommycronin
Akira619 (still not sure if he will be able to attend)

3 slots available so far

Expect 3 to 4 hours of raiding.

I don't intend to go blind,so I will watch some videos and learn some mechanics. The more who know what we will be doing,the better.

My psn is Ruben-Paharou, hit me up there with a message or a friend request stating you are from gaf, and I can start assembling the group for later today.

Cheers

JHall

Okay for some, the worst thing ever for others.

We want less DPS checks/bullet sponges and more interesting mechanics that require teamwork!

Bungie: Okay! Say no more!

What the flying fuck, Bungie! Only one boss?! You fucking half ass everything!

Bungie just can't win.

TyrantII

Not raiding (blind) till tomorrow night, but if it's like Kings Fall that's fine by me.

All you Warlocks with stubs for legs complaining!

GlamFM

Banned
So we are ok with shit being broken because we can now face roll and have progressed to such repetition that it's become second nature

We can't criticize the cons of the Raid

Come on man, I'm not trying to be some hater, you know me and my hardcore playstyle

It's not the mechanics or encounter that's the problem, it's the bugs that ruin the experience

No one is saying remove or replace, I'm just stating that I am hoping Bungie takes a quick look and see if maybe an adjustment needs to be made. Don't be like VoG and delay it for such a long time
That's all

Please take a look why ammo scarcity is being burdened at key encounters also
The TTK has jumped, so more ammo used, yet the refill process feels less at certain point, when ammo really is a priority

Sometimes Orange Bars DO NOT DROP HEAVY AMMO!
That Power Weapon slot is suppose to be an equalizer or create a window of opportunity, if it becomes scarce then you have to burn other Ammo's immensely to get same damage output and then sometimes you see no Kinetic (Primary) or Energy (Special) drop

Some of us have stated it in here

We arent some hivemind to come create a salt mine for salty purposes

I love you man, but you are a very emotional fella ;)

I´m not saying there are no glitches, but I do think that the general response (not talking about you specifically!) is probably a tad to negative due to "not beating it on the first run".

Curious to see how the perception changes over the next 2 weeks or so.

<3

How hard is the raid? Looking to do it with my friend to learn the ropes. but sometimes in a PUG You can get some elitist a-holes who make their feelings known on wipes
Easy if you know what you're doing. Actual enemies are really easy, but a lot of arcane and zany mechanics. It doesn't even really overwhelm you with enemies until the last encounter.

We want less DPS checks/bullet sponges and more interesting mechanics that require teamwork!

Bungie: Okay! Say no more!

What the flying fuck, Bungie! Only one boss?! You fucking half ass everything!

Bungie just can't win.
Well, the two things aren't mutually exclusive. Raids in mmos combine the two things all of the time.

Not saying Bungle are lazy, but I do find it a little disappointing that they rely on enemy waves and adds repeatedly rather than just giving us a boss to fight on its own. Still, loved the actual raid though, and anyone who has explored past the third encounter can tell you that they definitely aren't lazy.

i'm at lvl 272 now. i really want to get to 280 so what's the fastest way?

i'm trying to get Sturm but I'm at the part when I need to get 10 powerful kills (2 down so far). i know what i need to do...i have been farming a lost sector then using Drang to get the kill shot. It's annoying and repetitive but I'll get there. Will Sturm boost my lvl when I get it? I know that Rat King appeared at lvl 280 when I was only about lvl 263-268 (not sure).

i'm trying to do the milestones but it feels like it's taking forever. I really hate crucible and i'm only at 23% in Call to Arms. activities like public events/adventures/loot boxes i should be doing still to get more tokens so i can get legendary engrams?

I found looting lost sectors was the best solution for this, when you enter them as a standalone player no one else loads into the zone, so you can get the last kill on a yellow bar boss.
If you want to just grind it and run out and reload same lost sector and do it 10 times.

Glade of Echoes on Nessus has a small servitor boss and a short-ish lost sector.

Just want to say that the last fight fucking sucks. He's just hard because it's an unfair fight. Why even give me specials when he's just fucking flying? This is stupid.

z4chc3na

Do raid chests reset? Say you get one in the first area, could you just restart it and run through the first part again and continue to get better gear?

Cornbread78

It's noon eastern time I won't be able to make it .. thx for the invite

Have you joined a clan yet? Of not, that is an easy way to find peeps to play with. There are a few still accepting new folks in the recruitment thread:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1423262

Do raid chests reset? Say you get one in the first area, could you just restart it and run through the first part again and continue to get better gear?

If it works like D1 you only get the chests once per reset, per character.

Top Bottom