• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Dalek

What’s the fastest way to farm glimmer? As soon as I set down on a planet and start doing events/looting chests I either run into the farming time out or no one shows up for publici events.

Grinded out another 120 IB tokens, got dup weapons and 3 more duplicate helmets. Seriously??!!!? C'mon bungie your smart loot system seems pretty stupid.

Zereta

Why yes, I do want another pair of gauntlets! Who needs a helmet when I can have two gauntlets!

I have one more grind to an IB engram in me. Make it count, Saladin. My school work is dying for this.

Maddocks

the one thing i really dislike about iron banner.....the loot table....I'm playing and turning in iron banner tokens for iron banner gear and weapons, not dead end cure!

Acrylic7

I beat the game but i cant enter the iron banner. I have tried talking to Saladin but the activity wont pop up. What am I doing wrong this time?
edit- never mind. I have to leave the tower then the shit pops up.

Theorry

A StormCaller and a Golden Gun. Felt good. If only there was a play of the game. :p

JollyHealthyHusky-size_restricted.gif

I've finished the campaign now and am going to start on some of the strikes and Iron banner stuff, is it worth me joining a clan now, I've had a couple of random invites or is there a GAF ps4 clan that I could join, I'm a hunter at power level 220 at the moment?

Endo Punk

On one hand I like random loot because then when you get lucky and pick up vigilance wing exotic from a random npc it feels great but other times it feels like your time wasn't rewarded like I did with iron banner, my gear set is not complete for either character. I don't like PvP so it was a constant struggle that amounted to nothing, sigh.

A chest piece. All my tokens for an IB chest piece Saladin. I sont want any more auto rifles or sub machine guns. 180 tokens in one go and not a god damm chest piece.

At least i got orpheus rigs from an exotic engram.

Waldini

So .. I think we can all agree on the fact that Destiny 2 plays well ... but is a "flawed" game. There's so many things I hoped that would be in the game.

I mean, the Rise of Iron changes improved the QoL tremendously. Yet, all these things are missing in Destiny 2.

- Being able to select what PvP mode you want to play
- Getting rewards post-match.
- Adjustable difficulty regarding Strikes
- 6 v 6 gamemode.

Now, don't get me wrong ... the 4v4 PvP games are fun to play ... but it's a shame you have to disappoint other people who want to play with you. I hoped Bungie would've adjusted Iron Banner so that it would be 6 v 6.

I'd love to see the post-match rewards again ... same goes for the Raid. It's incredibly disappointing to play the Raid and only receive Tokens. I mean, there's 4(?) encounters ... all 4 gave me Tokens. Received the SMG TWICE...

A chest piece. All my tokens for an IB chest piece Saladin. I sont want any more auto rifles or sub machine guns. 180 tokens in one go and not a god damm chest piece.

At least i got orpheus rigs from an exotic engram.

My haul so far:

27 Packages. 540 tokens got me:

17 Sidearms. 17! More than half.

2 Pulse

2 Fusion

1 Scout

1 Auto

1 Hunter Cloak

1 Titan Chest

1 Hunter Legs

1 Hunter Helmet

well 27 more minutes until IB is over I think. Managed to get everything but the pants.

Pretty annoying overall with the reward system. 2 stars would not recommend unless you're a masochist.

Edit: I'm changing my IB in depth review score to 1 random token out of 10. It was literally still the same bad PVP with tokens added. And I'm super pissed I have no pants. Dammit bungie, give me some pants. It's getting cold out there.

Zereta

I ended up doing this a lot longer than I intended. Forsaking sleep to try and get this helmet. Hoping to be able to get one more go at an engram before the reset.

Zereta

That feeling when you grind the tokens all night, get no sleep and you get enough tokens for one last chance at an Iron Banner engram and the game resets and Saladin is gone and the tokens are useless and its 5am and you've had no sleep and you have to be up in 2 hours.

Yea. Fuck.

well 27 more minutes until IB is over I think. Managed to get everything but the pants.

Pretty annoying overall with the reward system. 2 stars would not recommend unless you're a masochist.

Edit: I'm changing my IB in depth review score to 1 random token out of 10. It was literally still the same bad PVP with tokens added. And I'm super pissed I have no pants. Dammit bungie, give me some pants. It's getting cold out there.

Cammy would be proud.

That feeling when you grind the tokens all night, get no sleep and you get enough tokens for one last chance at an Iron Banner engram and the game resets and Saladin is gone and the tokens are useless and its 5am and you've had no sleep and you have to be up in 2 hours.

Yea. Fuck.

I played four final games, got enough tokens for one more package and it reset as I got disconnected going to the tower. Log back and Salad is on vacation. Least the tokens stay in your inventory.

sephi22

Final Engram before reset gave me the auto-rifle I was looking for.

Final IB checklist:
1. Full Hunter Set
2. All Weapons
3. Titan Chest
4. Titan Legs

Everything else were duplicates. Could be worse. Warlock armor was ass so didn't go for it

HigXx

Usually up at 10am reset straight away but as soon as I read the NF was Exodus Down, it killed my enthusiasm right away

Buzzman

Banned
So I played some Destiny 1 on PS4, generally liked it but didn't get so far in. Now I'm debating whether I should pick up D2 for PC, also is 76 EUR for the digital deluxe edition worth it or should I just buy the base game?

Hmm having a hard time coming up with a reason to keep playing. I think I'll just wait until they fix stuff and release the DLC.

I'm gonna have South Park to play, and then Mario, Wolfebstein, AC...

Go forth Bungie. Reclaim your light!

Top Bottom