• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: PC 60FPS Gameplay

Was it as aggressive as Titanfall? I played that pc with aim assist and it was perfect. There were plenty of times I was out maneuvered, but I wasn't some unstoppable auto aiming bot.

To anyone complaining about aim assist on pads, I implore you to use it in PC games where it's implemented before assuming it's gonna be some crazy unfair system.

It was pretty damn aggressive, yes. Playing DOOM multi with a controller gives you a huge advantage with maneuverability too. I know there are those that say WASD gives you movement advantage because you can go forward/backward while strafing, but the advantage of thumb dexterity still wins in many multiplayer fps' as far as I can tell. I was juking the hell out of everyone, with easy snipe shots from across the map.

If they want to make a controller viable for Destiny PC PVP, they would have to tone down aim assist quite a bit compared to the first game, and it's also a very movement heavy game as well.

It was pretty damn aggressive, yes. Playing DOOM multi with a controller gives you a huge advantage with maneuverability too. I know there are those that say WASD gives you movement advantage because you can go forward/backward while strafing, but the advantage of thumb dexterity still wins in many multiplayer fps' as far as I can tell. I was juking the hell out of everyone, with easy snipe shots from across the map.

If they want to make a controller viable for Destiny PC PVP, they would have to tone down aim assist quite a bit compared to the first game, and it's also a very movement heavy game as well.
Yeah, I remember playing Titanfall with a gamepad on PC and doing very well. It was awesome and scary at the same time.

gdt

I know there isn't crossplay, but is there cross saves? Like I log into my 1 account that I have and it works on PS4 and PC? That way I can hop back and forth?

That'd be the next best thing to crossplay.

I know there isn't crossplay, but is there cross saves? Like I log into my 1 account that I have and it works on PS4 and PC? That way I can hop back and forth?

Don't think so. Otherwise I'd double dip on PS4

I am pretty sure they confirmed that there is no cross save or cross play.

Foxxsoxx

That gameplay is depressing.. I would have taken a resolution hit or graphical downgrade any day. Smoothness itself makes the game look miles better than the graphics.

Pretty sure there is no aim assist with Destiny PvP... gamepad or mouse. Let me look for the source again... (this is PC of course... console there's a metric fuck-ton)

thelastword

Banned
The question as to whether 60fps is better for a shooter is unquestionable really, however, most of the fanbase will still be on consoles and that's where the majority of the sales will be ..Regardless, this really should be 60fps on consoles and so bungie really messed up an opportunity to progress the franchise to a next level for all players inclusive of consoles and PC...

For heaven's sake, every shooter worth it's salt is 60fps for the holidays, even FTP games like Warframe is and the majority of those shooters look much better than destiny 2..too.

The question as to whether 60fps is better for a shooter is unquestionable really, however, most of the fanbase will still be on consoles and that's where the majority of the sales will be too...Regardless, This really should be 60fps on consoles and bungie really messed up an opportunity to progress the franchise to a next level for all players be it consoles or PC...

For heaven's sake, every shooter worth it's salt is 60fps for the holidays, even FTP games like Warframe is and the majority of those shooters look much better than destiny 2..too.

I think you might be surprise to how many people will likely end up playing Destiny 2 on PC. Yes, there are a TON of consoles... but PC gaming is growing and it's been waiting to play Destiny!

Strakt

Cant wait. This games gonna be MASSIVE on pc. All the top twitch streamers are gonna hit up the PC version when its out and all the top destiny streamers are gonna switch to PC when thats out. Almost everyones gonna be double dipping.

Lets just hope the game is good :D

Swarna

It will get a boost from being on bnet too.

Yeah, I think this factor is understated. Across its games, Bnet holds its own mega population away from Steam (possibly rivaling it in total) and there's only like 5 or so games on there. Destiny 2's visibility and potential userbase is going to benefit pretty greatly, there.

Vire

It looks good but I'm still shocked they haven't shown any new enemies for a sequel to this damn game.

Just watched the 4K60 stuff in 4K. Looks very impressive.

Someone said it earlier, but it's weird seeing Destiny run so smooth. It looks amazing. I'll go PC for sure.
Worth the wait.

no.

ADS is the worst thing to happen to shooters, the fact that Destiny ditched the need to do so for accurate fire is a godsend.

It's not an arena shooter. Aiming down the sights attempts to replicate the feel of using an actual firearm. You try and fire a rifle "from the hip"... then looking through the optic... it's a galactic size difference and just adds to the overall situational risk/reward senario. Hip fire for quicker less accurate snap aiming or take the time to ADS for more precise, longer range encounters. I personally think it adds a lot for certain games.

Now put that in my arena shooters and fuck right off! Lol

Wait, did they really say 1080 up???
The fuck? PS4/Xbone are like 1/4 the power of a 1080.

My 1060 has a lot more power than a PS4/Xbone... what the hell man.

Where is the sentiment that a 1060 is not enough coming from?

No one is saying a 1060 isn't enough for the game. Nvidia is doing a promotion for a free copy of D2 if you buy a card, but it only applies to the 1080 or 1080 ti.

jaaz

This looks great! But damn, I can't get over how much like Destiny 1 this plays. Still buying it, because I happened to have loved Destiny 1. But damn.

Sooo...smoooth...

I gotta say though, not a fan of the music at all. Just background orchestral noise, I hate when games do that. I know it's an "epic" opener and the music needs to match that emotion, but it just doesn't do anything to enhance the mood. I hope we can turn it off. And sorry to make this comparison, but the music from the Anthem trailer is how it should be done.

Edit:. Nevermind, went back to Anthem, not really comparable. Still doesn't change that the music in Destiny has never really done anything for me though. I just wanna be like "haaaaaaaaooooo! Haaaaoooo!" With the chorus part.

KillLaCam

Banned
Why was no one having seizure hands? That's not how you play PC FPS games. I kinda wanna see some PvP just too see how fast it can be

Top Bottom