• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: PC 60FPS Gameplay

First started watching and was like i dont see a difference....my dopey self didnt change the setting and god damn what a difference....if this was Xbox Play Anywhere id be building my PC right now

riflen

How much does a pc cost to run the game like that?

It looks great, but it's an impossible dream I suppose xD

I hate to be that guy, but really looking at this footage alone there isn't too much that's going to trouble fairly decent PCs. Limited draw distances, few enemies at once, pretty simple geometry. I expect the alpha effects and particles are probably the most taxing to render once things get busy.
I haven't played Destiny. Do you often get large battles with 10+ characters on screen? I'd expect a Haswell or better i5 and GTX 1060 will do really nicely.

I hate to be that guy, but really looking at this footage alone there isn't too much that's going to trouble fairly decent PCs. Limited draw distances, few enemies at once, pretty simple geometry. I expect the alpha effects and particles are probably the most taxing to render once things get busy.
I haven't played Destiny. Do you often get large battles with 10+ characters on screen? I'd expect a Haswell or better i5 and GTX 1060 will do really nicely.

Oh it gets MUCH worse. Few dozen enemies... vehicles... different enemy fractions fighting each other as you fight groups of them... larger open areas of a few hundered square meters or more at a time... and loads of open-world style exploration etc.

The corridor stuff is limited to certain sections of some strikes etc.

riflen

Oh it gets MUCH worse. Few dozen enemies... vehicles... different enemy fractions fighting each other as you fight groups of them... larger open areas of a few hundered square meters or more at a time... and loads of open-world style exploration etc.

The corridor stuff is limited to certain sections of some strikes etc.

Interesting, thanks. Looking forward to this game, as I've been missing a first-person loot shooter to play with friends.

Drain You

Man, all these people dropping $500 on XBX and complaining about framerates should really reconsider spending a few extra hundred or so for a 60fps machine.

Not sure why this was directed toward me. I'm not complaining about framerates and I'm not purchasing an Xbox One X.

I'm doubling dipping anyway but I REALLY hope they don't screw up the PC version. It would really be nice to have a multiplatform game that came out without crippling issues from the get go.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
what a difference 60fps makes.

I wonder if my 1060gtx can run it at 60fps with high settings.

EL CUCO

Do we have any idea at all how the engine their using performs on PC? I feel like it's been forever since they put something on PC.
The PC version was playable at the reveal and everyone said it felt amazing. Its also at E3 so im sure we'll hear more about it soon.

Nydius

Double dip confirmed. Well, depending on required specs. I fear my 4770k/980GTX might be reaching the "need to upgrade" point even for consistent 1080p/60/High preset modern titles.

Uh, absolutely yes. They need to have an option in the menu for gamepad aim assist. Shouldn't be hard at all.

He's probably saying no because that would give controllers an advantage. I've seen it happen before, I wooped ass in DOOM multiplayer because of the aim assist while everyone else was using m/kb.

Top Bottom