• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: PC 60FPS Gameplay

Pooya

I'm looking at the store page on bnet, what's the difference between pass bundle and deluxe version? Some legendary emote for 10?

Also it amazes me they're not offering cross-saves or anything like that. I'm still set on buying/playing on my Xbox, but if I could carry my characters between platforms I would buy pc as well, no question.

I'M OFFERING YOU MORE MONEY, ACTIVISION... WTF!

TheRed

This will be so good. Glad this will be my first lengthy experience playing Destiny. The 60 fps is a huge difference.

noomi

I wish it was played with a M+KB for the video... I know seems like a silly complaint, but still...

Jerry

The wider public need to be way more educated about just how much a difference frame rate makes to a game.

For me its the single biggest factor in IQ.

Zemm

Good that a FoV slider will be there because that is unplayable to me, I hope they give us an option to lower the guns position on screen too. Obviously FoV will help that but I'd like to change it separately from that as well. Or just let us hide the guns completely.

Holy shit I'm so conflicted now. I have a PS4, and going to get a PC soon, but I don't want to wait more than a month to play on PC. Destiny is the kind of game that's best when you're there day 1

Not in my experiance, the early days of destiny apart from having that fresh new smell was done within weeks, apart from a raid 3 times a week there was nothing left worth chasing.

Tagyhag

I wish it was played with a M+KB for the video... I know seems like a silly complaint, but still...

Nah I understand, I do as well if only to alleviate my concerns that they'll fuck up the mouse with permanent mouse smoothing or something like that.

At least we'll know with the beta.

Kill3r7

Looks great. double dipping on PS4 + PC.

I can't fathom the time commitment to pull this off. Two of my buddies are doing this and we're trying to get me to join them. Where do people find the time? I have to give up sleep just to find the time to play with friends.

EL CUCO

I can't fathom the time commitment to pull this off. Two of my buddies are doing this and we're trying to get me to join them. Where do people find the time? I have to give up sleep just to find the time to play with friends.
Im doing the same, but I'm basically ditching the PS4 version as soon as PC drops. Buying expansions on PC too

Wallach

Man. And some folks say they can't see a difference between 30 and 60 FPS. Destiny is as smooth as 30 FPS gets on PS4 and it couldn't be any clearer seeing footage like this. Not a chance would I give up that much of a difference.

ACE 1991

Also it amazes me they're not offering cross-saves or anything like that. I'm still set on buying/playing on my Xbox, but if I could carry my characters between platforms I would buy pc as well, no question.

I'M OFFERING YOU MORE MONEY, ACTIVISION... WTF!

100%. I own a capable PC but the exclusive PS4 content, later launch date and assuredly bigger playerbase on consoles means I'll pass on the PC port despite it being a technically better platform to play the game. A real shame. I honestly I am pretty wary that this game is going to be very successful on PC long-term, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

EL CUCO

100%. I own a capable PC but the exclusive PS4 content, later launch date and assuredly bigger playerbase on consoles means I'll pass on the PC port despite it being a technically better platform to play the game. A real shame. I honestly I am pretty wary that this game is going to be very successful on PC long-term, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
Its 1 strike, 1 pvp map, and 1 or 2 exotic weapons. Not worth losing the 60+ fps over, imo.

Tovarisc

Going to Battle.Net was good play. Destiny 2 is currently advertised under every Blizzard games B.Net tab and will be exposed to a lots of players who will love game like Destiny 2.

Oh, you'll be wrong. Not much of a doubt there. The one PvP map, strike etc. will come to PC/Xbox eventually. Until then, PC will get the (objectively might i add) much better experience all around.

Going to Battle.Net was good play. Destiny 2 is currently advertised under every Blizzard games B.Net tab and will be exposed to a lots of players who will love game like Destiny 2.

It does put it in a special place. There are only a few games promoted on Battle.net client, so it is in a very unique position. They are on a very popular client but they have very little competition and Blizzard primed the population with a massively popular FPS.

ViciousDS

Banned
I guess the pre-order is up in the blizzard app

but you still can't access the forums on bungies website without a PSN or XBL

BTW

Destiny 2 exclusives for the PS4 this year look so weak......so I'm happy that I don't have to worry about garbage content being exclusive. PS4 can have the taken strike, 1 single exotic, some random gear, a single ship and one PvP map.

Thank heavens its not multiple exotics or something like the first game.

How much does a pc cost to run the game like that?

It looks great, but it's an impossible dream I suppose xD

To run it at 4K/60? You're probably in the $1300 range, give or take a hundred, assuming you already have a 4K monitor/TV.

If you're OK with running @ 1440 or 1080, you can get by for hundreds less.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
It's more pleasing for viewers. Mouse aim is so fast it can be disorienting to people not controlling it.

I agree, I absolutely can't stand watching fps games played with a k/m that are supposed to have a cinematic feel to them. It always looks janky as fuck imo

This looks fucking amazing tho holyshit

Mr. Hyde

I should sell my switch so I can replace my 770 GTX. All the other parts in my PC are much newer. I don't care about 4k but I need that perfect 60 FPS in my PC games.

It does put it in a special place. There are only a few games promoted on Battle.net client, so it is in a very unique position. They are on a very popular client but they have very little competition and Blizzard primed the population with a massively popular FPS.

It's a good thing, but not as good as Steam, I think. But this is the kind of game that sells well regardless of the platform (well...unless it was Windows Store exclusive...)!

Pejo

Gold Member
It looks great, but sadly I suck with Mouse aiming and get bodied in any shooter I attempt with it. I'll stick with the PS4 version. My friends will be buying there anyways.

Top Bottom