• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: PC 60FPS Gameplay

I would have preferred 60 but i never had problems with 30 in the first so im not too worried.

Maybe one day when consoles have a 1200$ cpu we'll be able to get 60fps.

The fact that this will be on the Battle.net Blizzard launcher makes the PC version even more compelling versus the console ports.

Kambing

Really excited about playing this on PC... played the first off and on for 1 year with my mates at 30FPS. Plan to get that new 21:9 200hz monitor. In a sense, kind of glad this title does not appear to be as demanding as other games. It might actually make full use of the high refresh rate even at high settings!

Goddamn the jackfrags gameplay looks good.

I'm so glad this game is coming to PC, I don't think I would be excited for any of this year's games otherwise.

Mifec

🤔

That one really activated my almonds
288422052614897666.png

This has sealed the deal for me. As painful as it's going to be I am just going to skip console and wait it out for the PC release.

Time to e-mail the boss and re schedule my holidays.

MrS

Banned
Pretty sure somebody on neogaf dot com told me that Destiny 2 looked the same as Destiny 1

they are fucking blind, clearly

Ivan

60 fps looks fantastic of course, but playing on a mouse looks weird in this game, just like Halo did.

I can't put my finger on it, but something in their game design makes it look weird with quick mouse flicks.

Maybe I've got used to seeing certain actions done differently, it looks too easy on a mouse, like it "cheapens" the experience. It looks like any other fps gameplay that way.

I felt the same way when I saw halo on pc.

I wonder how does it FEEL to play on this setup...

I am not sold yet.. need more benchmarks from the beta build in August.

I wonder how many beta will be there, only once in August?

60 fps looks fantastic of course, but playing on a mouse looks weird in this game, just like Halo did.

I can't put my finger on it, but something in their game design makes it look weird with quick mouse flicks.

Maybe I've got used to seeing certain actions done differently, it looks too easy on a mouse, like it "cheapens" the experience. It looks like any other gameplay that way.

It looks weird because until now it's been slow trudgy floaty 30fps movement and controls. Of course it looks "weird".

Renekton

It looks weird because until now it's been slow trudgy floaty 30fps movement and controls. Of course it looks "weird".
There is a certain Bungie signature feel on consoles with their combination of aim assist, control tuning and pacing which I enjoyed in D1. I think a lot of that will be gone on PC, for better or worse.

Tagyhag

Maybe I've got used to seeing certain actions done differently, it looks too easy on a mouse, like it "cheapens" the experience. It looks like any other fps gameplay that way.

I get what you're saying, I had that feel with Halo 2 Vista.

Still though, it was a much better experience than using the controller. I like it when games don't help me get headshots, like "I got that headshot by my own damn self!"

Game will be easier if you're good with the mouse for sure, Jeff Gerstmann said it was, and maybe they'll balance it accordingly.

welp, preordering.

better than any other option.

and of course PC offers you the option to play it with a PS4/XOne/PS3/X360/Xinput/SwitchPro controller.

there is literally nothing for to worry about here. it will obviously be the best platform to play this game on.

samar11

You always been a console fps gamer? Someone who always played FPS games with a keyboard and mouse just can't stand a controller.

watership

I just realised... It's actually the first internal Bungie game on PC game since 1998's Myth II: Soulblighter.

Don't delete my hard drive this time, Bungie!

Smokey

Which games going to be running at 4k/144hz ? loll

Just because a monitors refresh rate is 144hz, doesn't mean you have to play a game at 144fps. I never get that line of thinking. The 144hz refresh rate also impacts day to day activity. Get into the ~90fps range and you're taking full advantage of GSYNC.

Also this is a monitor that is ahead of the curve. 1080ti is already delivering 60fps in quite a few titles at 4k. Volta and beyond are only going to make it that much easier to hit.

Before I do, is anyone else pre-ordering this? I can't remember if I should be looking for pricing deals vs full price from Blizzard.

Thoughts?

Kuosi

Before I do, is anyone else pre-ordering this? I can't remember if I should be looking for pricing deals vs full price from Blizzard.

Thoughts?

I'll just do it through bnet, the easiest way, you may get better prices elsewhere but with bnet you dont have to deal with "when is key delivered" "do i get bet access if so when" etc

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Thoughts?

I just bought it from CDKeys for £31.99, beats the shit out of £44.99.

Top Bottom