• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: PC 60FPS Gameplay

Tovarisc

I'll be honest in that I don't know a lot about Destiny as a PC gamer. My favourite FPS titles are things like Borderlands 2, Battlefield 2/3/4, Fallout, etc. Is this something that would interest me? Is it loot-based like Borderlands?

Also, I've heard there is no decent matchmaking system for end-game content, is this true?

Yes, this would interest you. A lot.

Destiny 1 has poor MM for end game content, but Destiny 2 is addressing this issue.

Yes there will be a FOV slider. And yes it will be unlocked framerate with tons of other graphics options.

Good lord this is going to be amazing!

Tovarisc

They will probably have to fine-tune the difficulty for PC players because scoring headshots looks to be extremely easy with a mouse.

That was played with pad.

Destiny always had strong aim assists, weapons would basically automatically seek for head lock.

This is actually a great surprise btw.

For a limited time, buy GeForce GTX, and get Destiny 2 at PC launch with our GeForce GTX Destiny 2 Bundle.

I got an email last week saying that it was only beta access, great news for those looking to upgrade or build a pc soon.

KingV

Pretty but it looks like it is played on a controller. Not that controller support is a bad thing.
At least, i never move mouse that smoothly...

I feel like it's better to demo games with a controller, it's easier to watch imo.

I can play fine with a mouse, but watching someone else play with one is hard on my eyes. Too jerky.

EL CUCO

I'll be honest in that I don't know a lot about Destiny as a PC gamer. My favourite FPS titles are things like Borderlands 2, Battlefield 2/3/4, Fallout, etc. Is this something that would interest me? Is it loot-based like Borderlands?

Also, I've heard there is no decent matchmaking system for end-game content, is this true?
Yes this is a looter shooter similar to Borderlands, with actual end game content tho.

As far as match making goes, they're adding a new system called "Guided Games" which would help people find groups to Raid and do other end game content with.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
That legit looks like a completely different title. Looks great!

I'm sure that it won't be the case for 2 but Destiny 1 was definitely a completely better game if you waited lol.

I don't agree at all. Destiny is very community-based, and playing and chatting with friends (online or irl) about upcoming changes and additions was part of the charm. There's a hype-cycle that comes with it almost.

If I started playing Destiny with the House of Wolves release, sure I would have more content to go through. But you're going through that old content alone.

T.O.P

Banned
I'll be happy on PS4 pro until PS5 comes out.

And you came in this thread to say that...because...

QLomV_s-200x150.gif

Looks gorgeous anyway.

The 6 week wait will be painful. But clearly completely worth it.

I'm also looking forward to using a mouse and keyboard. I really struggle enjoying decent fps games on a controller.

Tovarisc

I don't agree at all. Destiny is very community-based, and playing and chatting with friends (online or irl) about upcoming changes and additions was part of the charm. There's a hype-cycle that comes with it almost.

If I started playing Destiny with the House of Wolves release, sure I would have more content to go through. But you're going through that old content alone.

That is more design flaw than thing that players want. For longest time players wanted stuff like VoG to be relevant even in Year 2 etc.

Something developers are addressing just now that they are in content drought and need give game life support until Destiny 2 hits.

Tagyhag

I get what you mean. If I had to choose though, I would have rather started with friends during The Taken King.

There are some things that vanilla Destiny did that were inherently NOT fun, even with friends, like its stupid light system and legendary engrams sometimes not having legendary items (WTF)

It's more pleasing for viewers. Mouse aim is so fast it can be disorienting to people not controlling it.

They already have the controller gameplay from consoles. Whats the point of doing pc, but playing it like its on consoles ? Next to the higher framerate, mouse and keyboard is the largest differentiating factor between computers and consoles. Games play differently, control differently, they feel differently, you can do things not possible on consoles. Remember how people felt about Doom until the nvidia showcase, with mouse and keyboard ? The game was the biggest piece of shit in the universe according to internet people, then it became the greatest thing due exclusively to being showcased with a mouse and keyboard. This video is nonsense

I'm confused by the "It looks like a different game" comments. Other than 60fps, the Pro version looked the same to me. Maybe the res is a bit sharper here.

Woorloog

Banned
I feel like it's better to demo games with a controller, it's easier to watch imo.

I can play fine with a mouse, but watching someone else play with one is hard on my eyes. Too jerky.

No one plays that slow really. Better way to demo is to have actually representative gameplay. I don't think anyone plays Destiny 1 that slow, i know i keep pushing on fast constantly.

Though this could be just me, i hate slow demoing and (poor) playing. I can look things at my leisure once game is released, for now i want to see how things actually play to determine if i'm interested.

I'm confused by the "It looks like a different game" comments. Other than 60fps, the Pro version looked the same to me. Maybe the res is a bit sharper here.

More details, better shaders, textures. It is not an evolutionary leap for sure, but is definitely better looking that Destiny is on Xbone.

This is actually a great surprise btw.

I got an email last week saying that it was only beta access, great news for those looking to upgrade or build a pc soon.

Perfect. Love me those $30 Nvidia codes on ebay. Pretty much the only way i buy ubisoft games.

Also, lotta people shit talkin' controllers in here. That's exactly how i'll be playin on my couch. I don't think it's that uncommon. Get that it isn't the majority, but still.

Also, now I can't wait to get home tonight and see this 4K footage on my 4K set. I bet it looks amazing.

Is anyone actually watching it on a 4K screen? does it look amazing?

I really hope the reason why it's being delayed 6 weeks is because we're getting dedicated Servers. I know that isn't going to be the reason, but I can dream. I know, different topic for a different thread, but felt like getting it out there. But it does look great.

Showing PC gameplay, uses controller. lol

I think the point is to just show off the visuals. Slower movement means you can take it all in. At least that's what I'm going to assume. Not like you couldn't do that with kb/m either so there's that.

I hope you can reduce the gun model size, it cover a good 25% on the screen :/

Some guns are worse than others. Hopscotch Pilgrim, Nerwins Mercy were among some guns that were real space hogs. Others were just fine.

I hope you can reduce the gun model size, it cover a good 25% on the screen :/

The narrow FOV exacerbates it. A more reasonable FOV will help a lot.

They already have the controller gameplay from consoles. Whats the point of doing pc, but playing it like its on consoles ? Next to the higher framerate, mouse and keyboard is the largest differentiating factor between computers and consoles. Games play differently, control differently, they feel differently, you can do things not possible on consoles. Remember how people felt about Doom until the nvidia showcase, with mouse and keyboard ? The game was the biggest piece of shit in the universe according to internet people, then it became the greatest thing due exclusively to being showcased with a mouse and keyboard. This video is nonsense

Hey, I'm not saying it was the right decision but that's why marketers do it. They like slow smooth pans, when with mouse aiming, it would be a lot more quick accurate snaps from enemy to enemy. Maybe they'll notice the feedback and another video will show mouse and keyboard gameplay.

I'd say PC graphics and 60fps are a worthy tradeoff for a couple PS4 exclusives.

Yup. Still pisses me the fuck off though. The PvP map and Stike mostly. There are enough weapons that i could care less about that.... but it's still a bummer. A bummer that i'll GLADLY endure to play D2 at 1440p 160+hz this September ;P

The framerate makes a huge difference in the feel of tha game.
I understand that, but all we can do is see it here, and aside from frame rate they look comparable asset-wise. Someone said that there are extra effects added to the PC version; I need to find a comparison video to check it out. I'm gonna build a gaming PC finally, I think.

CLBridges

Is this representative of the game's gameplay? He's just standing still while shooting bullet sponges.

I hope we can increase the difficulty at least.

Where were the bullet sponges? Maybe your definition of that term differs from mine but each enemy was killed in 1-2 seconds.

On another note, I'll be sticking with my trusty old vanilla PS4 and envy those who get the definitive version 😢

God that looks good. So smooth.

Is this representative of the game's gameplay? He's just standing still while shooting bullet sponges.

I hope we can increase the difficulty at least.
You must've watched some other gameplay, because I didn't see bulletsponges.

Top Bottom