• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta will be available in early 2014 (PS4, PS3, XONE, 360)

Wish they'd detail pre-orders and exclusive content soon. I don't know which version to get or what.
Bungie takes the stage at PS4 announcement event. Jason Jones calls it "a great piece of gear". Bungie announces exclusive Destiny content for PS4. Bungie debuts live gameplay demo at Sony's E3 conference. All demos are performed with DualShock4 controllers. Press reports Bungie influenced the design of the DualShock4. Video documentary on Destiny shows employees wearing Sony headsets and playing with PlayStation 4 controllers. Eric Osborne does interview with PlayStation Blogcast and then a couple weeks later Josh Hamrick does interview with PlayStation Blogcast. Jason Jones says Destiny will be "amazing" on PS4.

Guys, I'm not sure which version to get.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really want to see more of this game in a non-scripted environment. And I want to see the hub/city stuff.

Madness

Bungie takes the stage at PS4 announcement event. Jason Jones calls it "a great piece of gear". Bungie announces exclusive Destiny content for PS4. Bungie debuts live gameplay demo at Sony's E3 conference. All demos are performed with DualShock4 controllers. Press reports Bungie influenced the design of the DualShock4. Video documentary on Destiny shows employees wearing Sony headsets and playing with PlayStation 4 controllers. Eric Osborne does interview with PlayStation Blogcast and then a couple weeks later Josh Hamrick does interview with PlayStation Blogcast. Jason Jones says Destiny will be "amazing" on PS4.

No need to be a smartass, I know they're favoring Sony and the PS4 because it's a new group of fans and a new platform, but I'm going to need ACTUAL details as opposed to just imagining it will be the definitive version. Bungie said something about rewarding "past fans" who probably had Halo saves or achievements. So you never know. My purchase of a console will probably hinge on games like Destiny, TitanFall, Halo 5 etc.

monome

My purchase of a console will probably hinge on games like Destiny, TitanFall, Halo 5 etc.

that's pretty much my problem :

if Destiny releases like 2 months after Titanfall, I'm not gonna be strong enough to wait to get it on PS4 (obviously the plateform of choice).

My PS4/X1 dilemna is postponed to early 2014.

Zelda 3DS / Mario 3Dworld could not release at a better time.

i too got my beta code from amazon. got it registered along with the 4 card codes someone posted in another thread. can't wait.

Wizman23

Banned

Of course Bungie said that since they are being money hatted by Sony. They have been an exclusive MS dev since 2000 and I'm going to assume the Xbox One version and PS4 versions will be identical and the 360 version will be better then the PS3.

Kuro

Of course Bungie said that since they are being money hatted by Sony. They have been an exclusive MS dev since 2000 and I'm going to assume the Xbox One version and PS4 versions will be identical and the 360 version will be better then the PS3.

Nope, PS4 gets exclusive DLC and its more than 50% more powerful so you can easily expect graphical differences.

Nope, PS4 gets exclusive DLC and its more than 50% more powerful so you can easily expect graphical differences.

I still need more details before I can make the decision. So no pre-order yet, no beta. I can wait for the full polished game and it will give me time to make an informed decision on which version to get.

It's too important, considering the investment I'll be putting into this game.

StuBurns

Banned
Fuck me. Really, we're going to start this shit again?
What's wrong with that post? Even if it's not 50%, it's not nothing. It's not 'safe to assume' both next-gen version will be the same, in fact, it's safer to assume they won't be.

SegaShack

Got my code from Amazon, I love pre-order bonuses that don't require any purchases. My brother got a shirt with his pre-order of Turok in 2008, but ended up cancelling it when the demo was terrible.

Kuro

What's wrong with that post? Even if it's not 50%, it's not nothing. It's not 'safe to assume' both next-gen version will be the same, in fact, it's safer to assume they won't be.

Exactly. I'm not even trying to start anything. I'm just stating if people are expecting the two versions to be identical they're most likely wrong.

DC R1D3R

Banned

LKW7kFv.gif

Bsigg12

Exactly. I'm not even trying to start anything. I'm just stating if people are expecting the two versions to be identical they're wrong.

We have 4-5 months before the beta even starts. We don't know what to expect from the game given that Bungie has that much time. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it's not necessary, yet. We'll cross that bridge when we get closer to the beta and the next gen consoles have been out for a few months.

Got my code from Amazon! Pre-ordered the PS4 version - early 2014 is looking awesome for me so far: InFamous Second Son and now this beta to look forward to.

RoKKeR

We have 4-5 months before the beta even starts. We don't know what to expect from the game given that Bungie has that much time. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it's not necessary, yet. We'll cross that bridge when we get closer to the beta and the next gen consoles have been out for a few months.
This.

Has anyone from the UK received their code? I preordered as soon as this trailer came out, for PS4 and haven't got anything. I even emailed Amazon the other day to ask when it'll be coming, and they told me it'd be sent closer to the release of the beta?

How comes people on here are already getting codes. -_-

I pre ordered from Amazon UK straight after finishing watching"the moon" trailer and seeing the beta announcement.

Never expected talk of codes before at least January.

Entered my code in. Going to get it for the PS4 unless something comes up that prevents me from getting it on launch day.

No need to be a smartass, I know they're favoring Sony and the PS4 because it's a new group of fans and a new platform, but I'm going to need ACTUAL details as opposed to just imagining it will be the definitive version. Bungie said something about rewarding "past fans" who probably had Halo saves or achievements. So you never know. My purchase of a console will probably hinge on games like Destiny, TitanFall, Halo 5 etc.

Not a bad idea to wait for more info if you are undecided but I would figure that the bonuses that "past fans" get won't be limited to just the Xbox versions. Bungie will know who "past fans" are by their linked stats on Bungie.net.

Can't be sure, just a guess.

While that's probably true, you have no hard evidence of it. Assuming the next-gen versions will be identical is also silly because we know the PS4 has objective advantages over Xbox One, such as the GDDR RAM, so it will likely perform better on PS4 in tangible ways. They haven't been necessarily exclusive since 2007, we know that Destiny was in development prior to ODST going gold, and they openly advertised for PS3 developers years ago.

Bungie has been so strongly supporting the PlayStation version, it feels like it's more than just a business agreement. This isn't hard to imagine with the abuses Microsoft made of the Halo franchise and its fans against Bungie's will.

Bungie could not be telegraphing the PS4 release being the definitive version more.

No need to be a smartass, I know they're favoring Sony and the PS4 because it's a new group of fans and a new platform, but I'm going to need ACTUAL details as opposed to just imagining it will be the definitive version. Bungie said something about rewarding "past fans" who probably had Halo saves or achievements.
All of those things are stored on Bungie.net and we have actual details. They announced exclusive PS4 content all the way back on February 20th. It just seems to me that you're being purposely being dense because you still want to buy an Xbox One.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just got my pre-order on. (got the code before my amazon confirmation email)

The PS4 version of course.

GodofWine

Why do I suspect my Toys r us 'pre order' is not going to net me a beta code??? anyone who used that 20% off coupon get anything from tru yet??

...if not, I guess getting the game for 48 bucks is a consolation (as well as KZ and a DS4 for 48 each).

Why do I suspect my Toys r us 'pre order' is not going to net me a beta code??? anyone who used that 20% off coupon get anything from tru yet??

...if not, I guess getting the game for 48 bucks is a consolation (as well as KZ and a DS4 for 48 each).

why not while not cool just preorder off amazon wait for code and then cancel just to keep your TRU code.

broony

If you
  • are in the UK and are worried about getting your code from Amazon uk, or
  • you are in a country that has not got a beta partner, or
  • you have already pre ordered with another shop and don't want to cancel or
  • want to go digital but still want the beta
  • whatever and you want the beta:

Order on amazon.com now. (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGA9Y3W/?tag=neogaf0e-20)

Wait until they send you the code (less than 24 hours).
Cancel pre order, you won't have been charged anything
The end. ?????????

Its shitty for Amazon but it works

Krisars

Banned
If you

The end. ?????????

Thanks man. I pre-ordered it and I got the code in few seconds. =)

If you

The end. ?????????

Thanks so much man, I got it within seconds like the user above. :)

GhaleonEB

Finally got time to swing by Gamestop and preorder there. B.net code redeemed:

Desstiny_zpsfa710dbd.png

I pre-ordered the PS4 version. I'm still not 100% getting that platform, but it's the one I'm leaning toward. So having the Destiny beta code be platform agnostic for now is pretty great.

Hype train status: boarded.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, i got two beta codes for a single x1 order on amazon.... ?

Top Bottom