• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Withdrawal Thread: The Traveler's space magic is addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

Booo.
Yay
Damnit, thinking about gaming on Destiny with all you guys has me feeling the thirst.

We had some good times GAF, we had some lag times.
I must build both a time machine, and a cryogenic chamber so that I have options.

Oh yeah, nighty, you were awesome <3

Respect

It wasn't a dream team until he mentioned everyone else on DGAF.
;)

I'm not even in DGAF :' ' (

Clearly, I don't see your members only jacket.

tNJHTNA.jpg

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Real DestinyGAF Dreamteam;

Tiemen ( There is no "I" in "team", but there is a "team" in "Tiemen". )
AmethystEnd ( Loves me. Truly loves me. )
Karl Hawk ( Also loves me, apparently. )
Dax01 ( Because she is a female person and female persons are important. And if I don't put her in here I would probably get sent to my room. ;-( )
Sandy Nipples ( Because he seems like a fun guy to play Destiny with. )
Empty spot ( If you feel insulted by not being on my list, you can pretend that this empty spot is reserved just for you. )

This dream team talk makes me want a Photo Mode even more, to capture awesome team moments.

C'mon, Bungie, at least give us more options to showcase the team beyond just 'ships at orbit' and 'one pose-up before PvP.'

Oh yeah, nighty, you were awesome <3

You were awesome too.

GutZ31

Dax01 ( Because she is a female person and female persons are important. And if I don't put her in here I would probably get sent to my room. ;-( )
Empty spot ( If you feel insulted by not being on my list, you can pretend that this empty spot is reserved just for you. )
Why, you shouldn't have for just Lil ol' me :D

GutZ31

I really do hope there are more neat easter eggs in the tower similar to the soccer/foot ball, and the lift fan.
Would love more ways to interact with other guardians.

GutZ31

This dream team talk makes me want a Photo Mode even more, to capture awesome team moments.

C'mon, Bungie, at least give us more options to showcase the team beyond just 'ships at orbit' and 'one pose-up before PvP.'

You were awesome too.
Hmm, I agree with this.
On the subject of The Tower, why not a photo booth where you can pick a location, put in props, and change camera settings.

Karl Hawk

Banned

Yay, I'm in a spot. :D

Jeremy-Renner.gif

RGm2iIi.jpg

While participating in ME3 MP yesterday, I attempted to double jump...Sept 9th is taking too long to get here :(
I hear ya. My wife and three month old daughter are going away for the weekend-- house to myself!-- and all I keep thinking is, "why can't Destiny be out now?"

In my attempt to stave off Destiny Withdrawal, I downloaded the WoW Starter Edition, and played for an hour. After that I felt this was kinda wrong somehow and deleted WoW.

Kane1345

Multiple DGAF dream teams with over 1500 members available hehe. I look forward to playing with as many of you as possible to be honest. Roll on September!

Dunno if this is an issue with everyone, or just me, but I can't view, and never could view ,my guardian on Bungie.net. I can see everything else like the stats, armor I have equipped etc, but for my Guardian, it shows a gray silhouette.

PvP teams are fun and all, but this really makes me want six person teams for explore. I hung with a gaffer just putzing around old Russia looting, glitching into the vault, and climbing the tree at the tower. It was awesome!

Dunno if this is an issue with everyone, or just me, but I can't view, and never could view ,my guardian on Bungie.net. I can see everything else like the stats, armor I have equipped etc, but for my Guardian, it shows a gray silhouette.

Could never view my Guardian on the site or the app, nor did I have my clan tag in game,.

Destiny Review: 3.5/10

Respect

I hear ya. My wife and three month old daughter are going away for the weekend-- house to myself!-- and all I keep thinking is, "why can't Destiny be out now?"

My wife was suppose to go down to visit her mother this weekend and I would have been in the exact situation, she cancelled those plans yesterday though. Good thing, I was going to be bored as hell.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't even attempted any MP since the beta. Be strong my friend. Diablo 3 and then we return to Destiny

Very true...just need to remember...waiting until August 19th sounds so much better than September 9th right now.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I wonder what other people who doesn't post in this thread think about us. I'm pretty sure they think we're lunatics, but it's not like we care.

I can't help but feel that there were more negative Destiny threads than positive ones. It's like some people are very desperate to make it sound like the game is not that good when it's actually THAT FUCKING GOOD.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wonder what other people who doesn't post in this thread think about us. I'm pretty sure they think we're lunatics, but it's not like we care.

I can't help but feel that there were more negative Destiny threads than positive ones. It's like some people are very desperate to make it sound like the game is not that good when it's actually THAT FUCKING GOOD.

Some people don't like it. That's fine. Some people get a kick out of saying negative things about something simply because so many love it. That's also fine. The haters will be gone eventually.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Fuck 'em! :D

I just imagined all of those people were paid off by the Hive and the Fallen. They saw the damage we did during the beta. They feared more guardians would arrive,
especially warlocks
, and decided to take the fight to DGaf. We will have our revenge on the 9th. My nova bomb is ready

I just see a community thread. All of them are like this.

On my home now. 8hr drive woohoo.

Ragarra

I would say this thread is just helping people find more common ground to talk about and build fire teams around. Im hoping to get picked up by a nice raid fire team and pvp... even though im just average at pvp.... wait no im the best! (thats what they told me to say)

You
SnakeEyes
Heaven-Assassin
Gutz
Gaz
Whoever else was in the fireteam that day when we played together and got split up.
And everyone else on GAF
Bunch of shills, as I expected. smh

:lol

And yes, female persons are important.

Lee

That's rough timing. Hope she's napping well and sleeping through the night come September. I have two 13 month olds and man do I miss 3 months. Babies just chill and sleep and eat at three months. It's great.

It's nice to have a thread that is positive for once and not a battlefield for attack and defense force actions. That will come soon enough. Enjoy the peace while it lasts!

Korben

Banned

As an old Withdrawal Thread addict (seven days sober), i think people just don't read Destiny's enthusiasts rants (well, most of them).

But you're right, they were a LOT of "negatives" (or let's say "passive aggressive") threads during and just after the end of the beta.

The good news is, people don't care either about these threads, most of the early feedbacks from gamers who actually played the alpha and beta are good (not to say "very good") and Bungie/Activision push just the right amount of PR and ingame contents informations to "maintain the hype" (unlike another company/studio for another game recently released, who basically fell/drowned in his own hype).

September 9th, come quick please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom