• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Withdrawal Thread: The Traveler's space magic is addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizzNARD

After seeing everyone's guardians, it seems like everyone looks the same. I understand it's only level 8, but even then I was hoping for more variety in armor/look.

I know there's a TON more gear, and the exotic/lengandary stuff looks great so far. This by no means changes or dampens my excitement Just hoping for a decent amount of options as far as looks go, which I'm pretty sure there will be.

Kane1345

After seeing everyone's guardians, it seems like everyone looks the same. I understand it's only level 8, but even then I was hoping for more variety in armor/look.

I know there's a TON more gear, and the exotic/lengandary stuff looks great so far. This by no means changes or dampens my excitement Just hoping for a decent amount of options as far as looks go, which I'm pretty sure there will be.

Shader's at level 20 will also help

Switched my regular pre-order to the limited edition. Thanks for the heads up everyone. If I would have waited for a notice from Amazon like I signed up for, it probably would have been sold out again.

X-Frame

It seems you can contact Sony support to cancel preorders. I grabbed a LE PS4 I will see if I can get Sony to cancel it. Still torn because I think it would be better digitally. Ugh decisions. Got a month to figure it out

I had the LE pre-ordered from the day it was announced, yet after much thinking I cancelled it a few days ago and have since went with the Digital Guardian addition via Amazon's Digital Code (as opposed to PSN).

A steel case would be cool and the other goodies, but I'd look at them maybe a handful of times then probably store or lose them. Plus I'd rather not have to worry about what disc is in my PS4 at all, and instead Destiny will always be there by getting digital. Especially for an online only game I won't be trading in or selling anyway.

Personal preference, but I'm happy I made the switch.

Lee

Predicted this in the eBay thread on Monday.

Maybe. I know they want it to be truly limited, but Activision likes to make money. I fully expect some more Ghost editions to pop up somewhere early to mid August.

My brother and I both got in on today's Ghost editions on Amazon. However, I'm sitting on a bunch of Xbox credit that expires at the end of September, so I really ought to just buy this digitally.

Those eBay cancellations are probably rolling in right about now.

I had the LE pre-ordered from the day it was announced, yet after much thinking I cancelled it a few days ago and have since went with the Digital Guardian addition via Amazon's Digital Code (as opposed to PSN).

A steel case would be cool and the other goodies, but I'd look at them maybe a handful of times then probably store or lose them. Plus I'd rather not have to worry about what disc is in my PS4 at all, and instead Destiny will always be there by getting digital. Especially for an online only game I won't be trading in or selling anyway.

good point. Plus I loaded up 100 bucks on PSN to grab it and only paid 87.50 for it from target. So if they refund me I will have all that money stuck. Ugh prob will cancel LE

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Predicted this in the eBay thread on Monday.

My brother and I both got in on today's Ghost editions on Amazon. However, I'm sitting on a bunch of Xbox credit that expires at the end of September, so I really ought to just buy this digitally.

Those eBay cancellations are probably rolling in right about now.

This always happens with Amazon, but I wouldn't expect many more to be sold, if any. And even today, I bet it wasn't that many.

Mindlog

I'm leaning towards Digital Guardian as well, but direct from PSN.
Does Amazon still wait to ship codes until day of release or do they do something different to allow pre-loading?

Been happy going mostly digital on PS4. My only retail game has been Wolfenstein which was great and I wish I went Day 1 Digital. My only digital regret is Second Son. Really... not a big fan of that game. Destiny is the kind of game I'd love to throw on from time to time without any disc fiddling.

DNAbro

and just cancelled my limited edition. I legit feel bad about spending money on it so I rather just get the normal edition.

I still haven't preordered anything.

>_>

Don't beat yourself up. I pre-ordered the Digital Guardian Edition on PSN after a lengthy decision process. I would have pre-ordered the Limited Edition on Amazon today had I waited.

But now I'm gonna be able to pre-load it, so I got that goin for me. Which is nice.

Is it know what time Destiny will be available on Marketplace? I was just planning on downloading it day of, but that might not be advisable.

Homeboyd

Don't beat yourself up. I pre-ordered the Digital Guardian Edition on PSN after a lengthy decision process. I would have pre-ordered the Limited Edition on Amazon today had I waited.

But now I'm gonna be able to pre-load it, so I got that goin for me. Which is nice.
I'm on Xbox... Is there a pre-load for xbox? I know the answer is going to be no. Just quadruple checking.

Lee

I'm on Xbox... Is there a pre-load for xbox? I know the answer is going to be no. Just quadruple checking.

Not currently, but people are hoping an announcement is coming in time for Destiny. The new update preview includes remote downloading (purchasing something from your phone or browser, and if your xbox is set to auto update it will start downloading) and there is talk of digital preorders/preloading coming.

I hope so, or else I'll probably be sitting there watching a slow download bar and drinking myself to sleep come the 8th....

X-Frame

Does Amazon still wait to ship codes until day of release or do they do something different to allow pre-loading?

I have no idea, this is the first PS4 game I am pre-ordering from Amazon digitally. They're usually very quick with sending content or Day-1 DLC codes though, but I can't comment on full game codes.

I am going to assume that they'll send me the code on the 9th, sometime in the morning. But, if they do send it on the 8th or earlier, and I redeem it, I don't even know if it'll trigger the preload or if that is somehow exclusive to direct from PSN purchases.

In the long run though, not being able to preload isn't much of a deal to me. After the first day it doesn't matter, and I won't be home until night time on the 9th anyway. I just don't like how if I pre-order from PSN now they charge me the full price (Amazon doesn't until the code is sent), and it's a hassle to cancel/refund the money with PSN as a just in case.

Eh got a friend of mine to buy a PS4 thanks to some footage of mine that I showed him. The bastard is buying the sexy ass white model bundle. I wish Ididn't already have the black one /:

darthbob

Bungie Update is out there now. BETA characters along with anything in your vault will be wiped. Assuming most people expected this.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08082014/en/News/News?aid=12034

Short, but sweet update.

Dat Warlock doe...

zSIKhf0.jpg

Vidpixel

From the weekly update:
Since the Beta, we’ve continued to tune and adjust the game. The way you earn experience has been adjusted up and down a bunch of times. Items have been added and removed. New features toggled. Although there’s no single monumental change, the sum of the tweaks leaves characters from the Beta Build in strange shape that would be confusing at best, broken at worst.

I wish they would go into detail about these tweaks they've made. But yeah, I completely understand why they've decided to choose this route, and I'm kind of glad they did.

Sevyne

I'll miss that sweet Iron Banner cloak for my hunter, but I'm totally fine with the character wipe. Won't take long to get back to that point anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom