• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Withdrawal Thread: The Traveler's space magic is addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinG

Have I mentioned my need for the Ghost Edition? I want it. Don't need. Just want. Really really want. What would I do with a little Dinklagebot? I don't know. I'd figure it out.

Bungie Update is out there now. BETA characters along with anything in your vault will be wiped. Assuming most people expected this.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08082014/en/News/News?aid=12034

This is neat news. I'm very interested in how his song will come out. Moreover, it's cool that someone with such a storied career is interested in how music is integrated into videogames.

Style. Class means you don't need a shower curtain on your back or a hand towel on your belt.

Px9IANU.jpg
?

Warlock is best class.

atr0cious

So I tried Crysis 3 because of PS+, and it realizes everything I fear about Destiny's combat. The top players just hose you down with an autorifle, and the finesse weapons end up neglected unless they're OP. Please please please don't let that happen, Bungie.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Bungie Update is out there now. BETA characters along with anything in your vault will be wiped. Assuming most people expected this.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08082014/en/News/News?aid=12034

Expected but I was still holding out hope for my Warlock. God speed, my friend.

the bond is nice but the rest is bordering on tacky. reminds me of those oversized star wars figures

Tacky is the right description, like something a Titan would wear.
iXVOup7bLhylC.png

Juraash

A tiny bit bummed about the character wipes, not at all surprised though.

But on the other hand, I think of how much I enjoyed the beta, all the places I explored, stuff I found etc and I'm really looking forward to doing it all again. I didn't play with a lot of people in the alpha or beta, but this thread has ballooned my friends list so hopefully I'll get to team up with some people from here.

In some way the character wipe has just made me want the game more. I need to get back in there, create my Warlock and catch up (then surpass) my progress from the beta. September can't come soon enough.

So I tried Crysis 3 because of PS+, and it realizes everything I fear about Destiny's combat. The top players just hose you down with an autorifle, and the finesse weapons end up neglected unless they're OP. Please please please don't let that happen, Bungie.

Add more recoil to ARs and lower damage output if it's a problem, Bungle.

RSB

Banned
Bungie loves automatic weapons, and they've been increasing their power with every new release since 2004. Precision weapons, on the other hand, keep getting nerfed with each new game, so yeah...

Personally, I've already given up any hope I had about the PvP being any good. Bungie just doesn't care about balanced, well designed competitive multiplayer anymore. AA's, loadouts, bloom, etc, were just a glimpse into the kind of (IMO awful) game design they prefer now. Destiny takes it even further with custom loadouts, killstreaks, supers, iron sights, accuracy penalties for movement, extremely high aim-assist (especially for a game with such short kill times) OP AR's... Oh well, good thing the PvE is amazing (for the most part)

BTW, will they wipe out everything (including Ghosts, Gold Chests and Grimoire score) or is it just the characters? I don't care about losing my characters (I'll have way better gear in just a couple of days) but I have to admit that losing my Grimoire score would hurt a little.

Step away from this update and take a walk. Have a good cry, or howl at the Moon. We’ll be here when you’re done…

Welcome back.

Oh my god they are comedy lol

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
This game needs to get here now, realized I am playing nothing but indies and madden on PS4 right now.

Need my shooter fix but also need to explore!

Hey, crossposting a question I asked in the beta reset thread; do we know what they're doing with the Grimoires? I've got a ton and a half of cards that just read *redacted*, so I'm wondering whether or not those will transfer/be updated.

GutZ31

Hey, crossposting a question I asked in the beta reset thread; do we know what they're doing with the Grimoires? I've got a ton and a half of cards that just read *redacted*, so I'm wondering whether or not those will transfer/be updated.

Most likely they will be wiped as well.

As for the purpose of them, we know they will be used to tell us details about the world, and back story of many things in the game.
We were also told that they will give minor stat boosts and possibly other things, but nothing has been shown.

Most likely they will be wiped as well.

As for the purpose of them, we know they will be used to tell us details about the world, and back story of many things in the game.
We were also told that they will give minor stat boosts and possibly other things, but nothing has been shown.

Aw. I was hoping that since they were tied to accounts (rather than characters) they'd stick around, but if they really do give stat bonuses, you're probably right.

I just got home..covered in mosquito bites... X_X itch itch itch

I do hope they put out list of changes that were made from Beta to release. As long as it doesn't spoil much.

GutZ31

I just got home..covered in mosquito bites... X_X itch itch itch

I do hope they put out list of changes that were made from Beta to release. As long as it doesn't spoil much.

1. We Delayed the game by a Year.
  2. The game is now about a Hedgehog who gotta go fast.
  3. All skyboxs are now rendered in 8bit
  4. Stability

mcfrank

I like that bungie does the weekly update, but if they are only going to answer dumb questions in a snarky manner, what's the point of the mail sack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom