• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Withdrawal Thread: The Traveler's space magic is addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to the list of all players in your world. Spam invitations to your fireteam. Or go to recent players. Spam invitations to your fireteam. Some people won't be down to raid, but you'll get a group pretty quickly.

Or build up a friends list as you get matched with people during the 5 or 6 strikes you'll be playing multiple times on your way to level 20.

I don't know man. The attitude that Bungie needs to help people make friends and find a group seems pretty entitled.

Of they aren't going to add matchmaking then k think they *are* somewhat obligated to help. Spamming people with invites is far *less* likely to get you a good group than matchmaking (because the latter can match people based on level, based on a mixed group of classes, and it will only match you to other people trying to do the same raid. Spamming means you're limited to a pool of 16 people, some of whom won't be the appropriate level and none of whom may want to do the raid at that time). I hardly know anyone IRL who plays games - why do you think that I'm "entitled" because I want a feature that's available in Strikes to also be a available in raids to help me actually access that part of the game?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I hardly know anyone IRL who plays games - why do you think that I'm "entitled" because I want a feature that's available in Strikes to also be a available in raids to help me actually access that part of the game?
It's got very little to do with "knowing people IRL" - if you don't know many people who play games, then you make up for that by making online friends via Strikes, Explore, and PvP.

Bungie have made their position on matchmaking for Raids clear, and I agree with them. I hope they don't bow to whining.

Kane1345

pouring-out-liquor.gif

So long beta hunter, you will be missed :'(

It's got very little to do with "knowing people IRL" - if you don't know many people who play games, then you make up for that by making online friends via Strikes, Explore, and PvP.

Bungie have made their position on matchmaking for Raids clear, and I agree with them. I hope they don't bow to whining.

But *why*? How does Matchmaking hurt those that do have lots of online friends to play with?

SnakeEyes

Banned
But *why*? How does Matchmaking hurt those that do have lots of online friends to play with?
It doesn't hurt them. That's why you make friends with people online, you just have to do it before you get to do the Raid. Bungie have already said that it will extremely difficult, so if people don't get to experience the pain of PUG Raiding in Destiny, then it can only be a good thing.

If you can't make at least 5 friends online while playing the story, the Strikes, Explore mode, and PvP, then that's on you.

gaugebozo

I don't think it hurts them directly, but I can see the next step being, "This is too hard to play with randoms. Tone down the difficulty." Instead they went with basically insisting you be a coordinated team that works together. It allows them to make design decisions that wouldn't work otherwise. I think actually getting to play it will determine whether it was a worthwhile choice.

GutZ31

There was already a thread dedicated to that topic. It spun in circles for a week.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=864776
And for it to trickle over into here is pretty irritating.

Instead of people coming in and linking to a post in the other threads, they bring the topic into the hype thread.
It derails the feeling of excitement, and leads to needless bickering.

Post a link to the other thread if you need people to notice your post. Just don't make this a downer thread.
It's abrasive, a bit annoying, and in extreme cases, uncalled for.

I fully agree with A LOT of the issues people have with the game, what I don't agree with is the methods used in shoving ideals and opinions about how people think it should work at regular intervals.

If you are being opinionated, and open to criticism, as well as showing excitement in the "Hype/Withdrawal" thread, I have nothing but good things to say.

If your mission is to get everyone on your side, rallying for change, and pushing a negative spin on the game, I would hope you do this in the other threads.

I've noticed that you get some exotics by trading strange coins (7 for armour and 9 for weapons).

Do we have any info on where we can find said strange coins?
The only strange coin I got was from the cryptarch.

GutZ31

I've noticed that you get some exotics by trading strange coins (7 for armour and 9 for weapons).

I got 3 from public events. I did at least 20, but only got 3 strange coins, so it will be pretty farm-ish to say the least.

Nokterian

Seeing on our dutch webshop bol.com Destiny Limited Edition for PS4 you cannot pre order it anymore. Thank god i was early with it.

I'm really afraid of getting my Ghost edition from Amazon and it being crushed or something horrible. I haven't had a bad experience yet... I'm just extremely paranoid.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Yup, the Strange Coins were blue (Rare) items. So I'd say you get them from the Cryptarch and other places that offer Rare items.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Thankfully we'll be able to compensate for him using a Hand Cannon... ;-)

Hmmm

Instead of the looking at the gun.....is that smoke/flames coming out the helmet!? It sure looks like it.
Gun looks like a Pulse Rifle, helmet looks like it's spewing blue smoke or ethereal flame. Cool :)

Dear Guardians:

AWbmuT0.gif
"And here, ladies and gentlemen, we see the class Jonas Hunterus in it's natural habitat."

originalself

Neo Member

You can collect a strange coin a day in the mailbox by finishing a public event with three stars. I got one every time. Don't know if they will change the rate in final though.

Damn, don't harsh someone's Destiny hype lol

Instead of people coming in and linking to a post in the other threads, they bring the topic into the hype thread.
It derails the feeling of excitement, and leads to needless bickering.

Post a link to the other thread if you need people to notice your post. Just don't make this a downer thread.
It's abrasive, a bit annoying, and in extreme cases, uncalled for.

I fully agree with A LOT of the issues people have with the game, what I don't agree with is the methods used in shoving ideals and opinions about how people think it should work at regular intervals.

If you are being opinionated, and open to criticism, as well as showing excitement in the "Hype/Withdrawal" thread, I have nothing but good things to say.

If your mission is to get everyone on your side, rallying for change, and pushing a negative spin on the game, I would hope you do this in the other threads.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Damn, don't harsh someone's Destiny hype lol

I think some people like Zoba made some good criticisms about Destiny's beta. However, I feel in other Destiny threads, some posters were rather aggressive in their criticism with the game or rather dumbfounded (I.E ''I didn't like this game. How the hell other people like it?'')

I feel some posters in NeoGAF doesn't do a good job in maintaining constructive criticism.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Thanks to Destinynews.net, I managed to find an interview for Jason Sussman (Destiny's senior environment artist) from Gamingbolt website.

Here's the full interview: http://gamingbolt.com/destiny-inter...ng-that-was-actually-a-game-set-for-all-moods

There will not be micro-transactions (for now):
Leonid Melikhov: Will Destiny have micro-transactions in the game? Will the game allow to pick up all the weapons or upgrades via grinding? How are you balancing it?

Jason Sussman: So currently there are no micro-transactions, everything is in-game. As you play the game, you’re finding different equipment thats coming out of different enemies or treasure chests or even within the tower you will receive different rewards that you’re rewarded within the game. It’s all built within the game.

I would do a new thread for that, but I feel some people will dismiss it and think Jason is bullshitting.

X-Frame

I think "currently" is the key word there. Doesn't stop them from opening up some cosmetic-only micro transactions down the line.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I think "currently" is the key word there. Doesn't stop them from opening up some cosmetic-only micro transactions down the line.

I'm curious, did recent CoD games shove you with ads and messages about those cosmetic-only micro-transactions they have?

I mean, I wouldn't mind having cosmetic-only micro-transactions as long they don't shove it to my face about it.

X-Frame

I'm curious, did recent CoD games shove you with ads and messages about those cosmetic-only micro-transactions they have?

I mean, I wouldn't mind having cosmetic-only micro-transactions as long they don't shove it to my face about it.

I can't say, I haven't bought the last few CoD's, but from the games I can think of now that have them off the top of my head (Gears 3, KZ Shadow Fall, etc) they're just always in the select screen when choosing a camo or something, so if you don't buy you constantly see the Lock symbol whenever you want to change something cosmetic.

They could introduce a few gear slots of cosmetics or class items in the vendors that must be bought with real money, so every time you visit a vendor you'd see items locked away.

I would hope that given the amount of copies of the game sold, plus the amount of expansions already bought via all the special collector editions pre-ordered that will already have their own unique gear that Bungie/Activision won't see the need to introduce any micro transactions for fear of how it may negatively affect the whole experience.

For a game that relies so much around loot and gear and showng off your guardians, to have even cosmetic-only items locked behind a paywall would make me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom