• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny (Bungie MMOFPS, 360/PS3) Story Details, Concept Art Leaked [Up2: More Info]

Oshimai

Kotaku said:
...The document sent to IGN, and also to Kotaku, says that the game is set on a future Earth where, after a brief colonisation of the stars, humanity has been attacked by aliens and forced back to a single city on our home planet, where we are protected by a large, mysterious spacecraft. Another alien. Only this time it's a good one.

SDF-1 teehee

Sai-kun

Banned

Holy fuck.

fFddu.gif

God I want this.

pargonta

i wonder what the odds are for a good laser to bullet ratio. if their going star wars i bet somewhere in the 700 years we've come up with pulse lasers, or maybe the invading aliens have the lasers.

that new fictional universe smell... gotta make those rules, lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The art is pretty cool. The pic (^) of the dude hanging with the tank is very Killzone-y. Not really digging the character designs in the second, third, and sixth images in this post though. I actually think they look pretty awful. Hopefully those designs aren't final.

Everything else though, sounds pretty good. I'm glad the first game is coming to PS3.

ferr

thirdtimesthecharm_again.jpg

I like how the first officially released image after the leak has kind of a looking-into-another-world with someone looking back at you all menacingly like as if to say, "You're not supposed to be here." or something.

I like how the first officially released image after the leak has kind of a looking-into-another-world with someone looking back at you all menacingly like as if to say, "You're not supposed to be here." or something.

This is not the game you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.

Booshka

Art looks great, hopefully it plays well. Not sure how it will work in a MMOFPS, but I'm interested to see what kind of new Worlds Bungie have built. I hope it's not too large in scale on a player count side of things, things get a little too sloppy and inconsistent. Good luck with that netcode haha, should be interesting.

This is all looking fantastic. The official Bungie piece was great to look at more closely on my iPad 3.

I also like how they had the 7th column (Bungie community) logo in place of "The Traveler" implying that the community is sort of the protector of Bungie. Clever.

Yeah, generic sci-fi looks like generic sci-fi.

Out of honest curiously, can you show me an example of non-generic Sci-Fi art?

i-Lo

That is astounding indeed. The gun and armour design save the helmet are the same.

Is this Bungie's concept art or one that is said to be from a deviantart account?

EDIT: You can also see the rain droplets in the copy pasta area.

That is astounding indeed. The gun and armour design save the helmet are the same.

Is this Bungie's concept art or one that is said to be from a deviantart account?

EDIT: You can also see the rain droplets in the copy pasta area.

Dude come on you can't honestly think that Bungie is lifting Game Informer assets.....

Pooya

I see pictures of soldiers that look like PSICOM, and Earth and a Moon of some sort that looks just like Cocoon. lol

well, the soldiers are just Star Wars stormtroopers in both :p and yeah that looks just like Cocoon. It even has a crack in the shell!

LuuKyK

Wow, those soldiers do look like the ones in FFXIII and story is kinda similar too (cocoon etc). lol

Looks cool though. Can't wait to see more.

Top Bottom