• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny (Bungie MMOFPS, 360/PS3) Story Details, Concept Art Leaked [Up2: More Info]

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, VGAs are that soon? Oh man, hype train all aboarddddd

That wording in the contract about yearly releases ("Comets") and DLC on top of yearly releases is frightening.

Can you imagine paying $50~ for Live, $10-15 a month for DLC + $60 each year + micro-transactions + "value-added" garbage?

Clearly we don't have concrete details about anything yet, but that would set a new record for milking a franchise dry, and the most macabre part of it all is that it will have been built from the ground up as some ungodly cash-generating machine with the pretense of being a game.

It would be baffling if it came to that as it would be an amalgamation of everything Bungie hated about their relationship with Microsoft.

if the game is good i will pay for it.
Dont have a problem anymore with dlc as long as its worth the price tag.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Has Bungie actually confirmed that its an FPS? Or an MMO? Dark Souls has a persistent online system and has tons of social interaction (if you want to participate)
Well, as Nirolak pointed out, there's this.

destiny0tumo.png

kitzkozan

Don't give a shit about what kind of persistent online game it will be, I just know that I'm gonna play it. The art is absolutely stunning and I'm sure the game will look great, especially if it's going to be on Microsoft next console. Beyond the art, it's the imagery that send a chill down my spine given that I'm a big sci-fi fan. :p

Jawmuncher

Can't wait for the VGAs now.
Just the other day I was thinking about this game and lo and behold I get on GAF and there's a new leak!

KageMaru

GOTY potential right here ladies and gentlemen. =P

Assuming this is what Jason Jones has been working on since Halo 2, I'm very excited.

The art looks great, can't wait to see the game.

Now I wonder if it's still scheduled to be a Durango launch game or if it's now a full fledge ps360 title.

Forkball

The art looks really cool. I think MMOFPS games could be big as hardware advances. I want to get into Planetside 2, but the laaaaaaag.

The art direction is just plain simply amazing. he snow picture screams desolation only fond in a universe like WH40k. Count me in for this. Seriously.

Bungie please deliver

DocSeuss

Why? Third Person Shooters are better for jumping, and that's about it.

Edit : I admit that I'm biased. I've always found TPS to be clumsy and counter intuitive, while FPS feels fluid and seamless.

Name a third person shooter that handles jumping better than Dishonored or Mirror's Edge, please?

DocSeuss

Damn straight.

I have yet to play a game that made me go "you know, this would be greatly improved by being in a different perspective." On those few games that have had both perspectives, when switching, I tend to favor the first-person one.

I like to be as immersed as possible, thanks. It's unrealistic as fuck to move around like I'm some sort of weird-ass marionette.

wow, that was weirdly satisfying. for years, I've heard people talk about how it's unrealistic "not to see your body" in FPSes, even though I don't think there's ever been much of a reason to look down at a player's body in FPSes, and suddenly, I realized how fucking stupid it is to see yourself like some weird puppet master controlling a puppet. HAH. Petty, maybe, but this observation somehow satisfies the fuck out of me

Momentary

Banned
Damn... If all I had to go off of this game was that picture... I would buy this game for PC in a heartbeat. :( Sadly I have not seen any mention of PC whatsoever. Hopefully that changes.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn straight.

I have yet to play a game that made me go "you know, this would be greatly improved by being in a different perspective." On those few games that have had both perspectives, when switching, I tend to favor the first-person one.

I like to be as immersed as possible, thanks. It's unrealistic as fuck to move around like I'm some sort of weird-ass marionette.

wow, that was weirdly satisfying. for years, I've heard people talk about how it's unrealistic "not to see your body" in FPSes, even though I don't think there's ever been much of a reason to look down at a player's body in FPSes, and suddenly, I realized how fucking stupid it is to see yourself like some weird puppet master controlling a puppet. HAH. Petty, maybe, but this observation somehow satisfies the fuck out of me
Vendetta much? :p Personally, I just feel that the first person perspective gives a much better situational awareness, sense of scale, sense of distance... It's better in pretty much every way.

I just realized this is pretty off topic, though, hah.

Hype train about what? So far they managed to disappoint the audience every single time.

Depends on what you want out of the VGA's. We've gotten Skyrim, Last of Us and other new games out of it, which is good enough for me.

If you want a show that respects games and their audience alongside E3 level of reveals, then sure you will be disappointed.

I hope the player character will be stored on a server so i dont have to retrain or unlock shit again. If it comes out on the 720 or pc later.

Top Bottom