• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny - New Screenshots

Cse

Banned
Since they said you wouldn't be able to manually pilot your customized spacecraft, I'm going to assume they're separate worlds aka maps. Luckily, someone just confirmed that each planet is a continuous environment. That's really exciting to hear.

I'm curious as to how large and immersive the worlds are going to be. Destiny seems like such an intriguing concept, and Bungie comprises some exceptionally talented developers. However, the fact that this game is making an appearance on the PS3/360 tempers my excitement, as the old hardware is truly a limitation on the grandeur and scale of the environments.

Details sound interesting, but I'm a little weirded out by how defensive he seemed over the balance question. I hope I'm just reading too much into that.

Yeah they certainly aren't taking the design balance approach of traditional arena shooters (one core weapon you use the majority of the time and then specialty/power weapons balanced off that). In fact, Tyson said Sage's philosophy was quite the opposite, in that balance was based on people not all using the same weapon the majority of the time.

Top Bottom