• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny on PS4: Weapons, vehicles, clans on PlayStation 4 [Youtube link inside]

Yeah i'm not as convinced as most of you guys. Looks ok but not 'holy crap day one'. Gameplay seems very average. Never played Halo so maybe i'm not seeing the possibilities here..

szaromir

Banned
My gripe with this game is that it looks like a more robust Borderlands, the combat doesn't look anywhere near as tight as in Halo. Still, it's Bungie so they'll most likely deliver a great game, but the footage doesn't get me too excited.

Hedge

Man, this game looks so good. Wish there was a PC version so I could play with my partner, while he's on the PS4. :p

It's so odd, because I'm not usually into shooters at all.. but this looks amazing.

Yeah i'm not as convinced as most of you guys. Looks ok but not 'holy crap day one'. Gameplay seems very average. Never played Halo so maybe i'm not seeing the possibilities here..

I'm more interested in its persistent online world and constant on-going events, yet this isn't an MMO. I wanna explore and just join other players to complete events and stuffs, trade loot then part ways. Seems like good times to me.

Milennia

It doesn't look much like Halo combat at all.

The control scheme plays out nothing like halo, you use all buttons on the controller to execute your abilities as well as just shooting.

Such as holding down the 2 shoulder buttons to charge up a warlock ability etc.

It also doesn't look as floaty , but that remains to be seen, the beta isn't too far off from what i can tell so we can get a look for ourselves.

So yeah, has been there any explanation yet as to what you actually do? Is there any campaign structure or competitive multiplayer? Are you restricted in how far how you can traverse the worlds?

Femto.

This game is the sole reason why I'm getting a PS4 next Spring as opposed to a year after launch.

I just hope space exploration is vast and filled with things to do. Star Citizen has somewhat raised the bar for me.

HYPE!

FourMyle

I really hope this game ends up looking as good as it does in that gameplay vid. It may not be a Killzone/The Order: 1888/Ryse, but it looks extremely clean and smooth. 1080p/60FPS please.

Milennia

So is this game an MMO? It looks like an MMO or does it just have elements from the genre?

Its really hard to tell, they are still pretty vague in the way they present the game.

almost like they are unsure of its genre lol, looks to be a borderlands/diablo mmo of sorts.
but i use the term mmo loosely... i don't think this game will have wow server sizes etc, but thats just my gut feeling.

we should find out exactly what this thing is when the beta drops in early 2014.

broony

so...old school bungie players, are you getting this on the PS4?

Yep. It looks like the PS4 version is going to be getting exclusive content, and is where destiny will be flexing itself most graphically. It was pretty much the deciding factor in me picking up a PS4.

LogicStep

Its really hard to tell, they are still pretty vague in the way they present the game.

almost like they are unsure of its genre lol, looks to be a borderlands/diablo mmo of sorts.
but i use the term mmo loosely... i don't think this game will have wow server sizes etc, but thats just my gut feeling.

we will learn a whole bunch more when the beta drops.

I hope it's as little as possible an mmo. Looks fun though. I really hope the space exploration is huge, kinda want to get what I didn't get from ME.

Pachimari

I thought the game were supposed to be out in Spring 2014 but that's the beta. Can we expect the full game in Fall 2014 then?

I will also be super disappointed if we have no direct control of the spaceship, when they hype the whole thing of exploring space yourself. It's like all those other games to claim they are huge but ends up just being a fast travel system...

broony

I thought the game were supposed to be out in Spring 2014 but that's the beta. Can we expect the full game in Fall 2014 then?

I will also be super disappointed if we have no direct control of the spaceship, when they hype the whole thing of exploring space yourself. It's like all those other games to claim they are huge but ends up just being a fast travel system...

The beta is "Early 2014", the game comes out Spring 2014.

To be honest I am not expecting to be able to control the spaceships, would be nice but the game is a shooter at heart.

FourMyle

The beta is "Early 2014", the game comes out Spring 2014.

To be honest I am not expecting to be able to control the spaceships, would be nice but the gamer is a shooter at heart.

Same here. Space-gameplay is nowhere near the list of reasons I am interested in this.

Ein Bear

Have to say, after all the effort Bungie had to go to to stop being forced to make Halo games, I was kind of expecting their next project to be something a bit different than a sci-fi FPS.

That minor disappointment aside however, the Bungie Halos are my favourite FPS games ever made, so I can't wait for this. Looks great.

Pop

we should find out exactly what this thing is when the beta drops in early 2014.

One big server, think Defiance game. If you're in range of other players they show up and there will be areas like dungeons were only you and your party can see each other. Then there's the main hub city were it's 3rd person view. No details of what you can do there yet. Just a friendly place to hang out so far. Then also the public events, sorta like raid bosses.

I'm hoping space flight is in, Bungie dude sounded like you could explore. I can just imagine flying from planet to planet. Would be epic.

Milennia

Have to say, after all the effort Bungie had to go to to stop being forced to make Halo games, I was kind of expecting their next project to be something a bit different than a sci-fi FPS.

That minor disappointment aside however, the Bungie Halos are my favourite FPS games ever made, so I can't wait for this. Looks great.

The name Bungie means a good bit to me, ins till interested in the game itself as i love all of the things it wants to be... but i also want to support Bungie.

Same thing goes for Respawn in my case, those guys made 2 of my most favorite shooters of all time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hope they talk mp soon. still very concerned with how space magic and loot could impact it.

I absolutely love this game. I feel like I'm gonna have good times with friends in this like I do not GTA online and borderlands. This is my most anticipated game. I can't wait, I'm trying to get into that beta

vazel

Banned
The mention of a beta made me go to Amazon and curiously this is how my search results showed up. The way the PS4 version is featured has got to be paid advertisement. Also look at how the second result is Halo for XOne, perhaps that is paid too?

Facism

i want to see the competitive side of this, see how they've evolved since Halo 3. I'm not a big fan of the whole borderlands coop grind but these guys got pedigree so i'm keeping an eye on.

Milennia

One big server, think Defiance game. If you're in range of other players they show up and there will be areas like dungeons were only you and your party can see each other. Then there's the main hub city were it's 3rd person view. No details of what you can do there yet. Just a friendly place to hang out so far. Then also the public events, sorta like raid bosses.

I'm hoping space flight is in, Bungie dude sounded like you could explore. I can just imagine flying from planet to planet. Would be epic.

I could see that , WoW started doing this not long before i quit the game.

Cross realm phasing.

Phasing in wow is really distracting though, however the phasing only exists because of low pop servers.

It would be really cool to see bungie pull something like a conjoined world together, but i think it would end up being like wow in the sense that the phasing would need to come from somewhere right? depending on how popular the game is at launch would be a big factor in how it works as well.

Obviously not WoW numbers, but if theres a good 200k people all phased into the starting area, your gonna run into some issues. (rough number more than likely going to be much more)

broony

hope they talk mp soon. still very concerned with how space magic and loot could impact it.

From what they have said about loot and personal weapons, I can't see a way it will be anything like the traditional Halo MP.

Doesn't mean it won't be amazing in it's own right, but I don't think it will be the arena shooter lots of Halo fans are hoping for. For me that is a good thing, I have played Halo MP, I'm looking for something new.

Pop

i want to see the competitive side of this, see how they've evolved since Halo 3. I'm not a big fan of the whole borderlands coop grind but these guys got pedigree so i'm keeping an eye on.

Just copy paste H2/H3 mp over.

Top Bottom