• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny on PS4: Weapons, vehicles, clans on PlayStation 4 [Youtube link inside]

KOHIPEET

I'm really pumped for the competitive MP of this game. Huge ass maps, vehicles. I wonder how many players will be supported, 40 would be cool.

Milennia

I'm really pumped for the competitive MP of this game. Huge ass maps, vehicles. I wonder how many players will be supported, 40 would be cool.

My guess is that its open world pvp.

If they can have open world pvp ( without the griefing, though i don't mind it lol) and sanctioned pvp all in the same package, ill be blown away.

KOHIPEET

Around 6:34, does he say people will play destiny with their Bungie account? If that's true it's awesome. It solves my desperate need to change my PSN ID.

I'm still not sold on the Borderlands vibe I'm getting from the mechanics but eh, I've enjoyed most of Bungie's stuff so I'll see how this turns out.

cornerman

I've never been into Halo. But the thought of it being a more refined Borderlands has me intrigued. What I'm really looking for is visual difference in gun effects and not just gun models. These guns are supposed to evolve and do more damage...I just hope that it has an aesthetic to it that you see when you attack an enemy. They do that and I'm sold...course I'm already sold as this and Diablo 3 are going to be my go to coop games.

Derrick01

Banned
It's more like Borderlands it seems, but with more of an MMO-lite scope. Something like that.

EDIT: Guild Wars I guess is the closer comparison.

Yeah this is exactly why I'm waiting and seeing on this game. Borderlands gameplay with MMO gameplay is a mix that should result in a huge disaster of terrible and boring game design. I want to see if there's going to be any appeal to this game beyond yet another game that you can play with friends.

Giggzy

To me, Destiny:
-Borderlands Gameplay
-Halo + Fallout art style
-Mass Effect Universe

DAY ONE

Couldn't have said it better myself. I love loot RPGs and FPS mixed together. The Borderlands series was one my most played games this generation so this is my most anticipated title for next gen.

reKon

Banned
If GG could pull off MP in Killzone at 60 FPS and 1080p while looking that good, then I'm sure Bungie can get this running the same.

Bundy

Banned
50246-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-RHL9.jpeg

So it hasn't been ruled out then? Interesting. Hopefully there is a PC version.
What?
PC version still not confirmed? :O

Hindle

Banned
The art style is amazing, but I'm not sold on the gameplay. Borderlands I found to get repetitive after a while, I'm just hoping its not the same case for Destiny as they both look very similar.

MDSLKTR

The art style is amazing, but I'm not sold on the gameplay. Borderlands I found to get repetitive after a while, I'm just hoping its not the same case for Destiny as they both look very similar.
Is it because of loot drops that destiny gets this comparison? Borderlands IMO is the most boring shooter in existence where you shoot numbers against brain dead AI and do the most uninspiring quests in the medium, I stopped playing after 30 hours. Everything about Destiny's gameplay looks to be a far cry from that.

My guess is that its open world pvp.

If they can have open world pvp ( without the griefing, though i don't mind it lol) and sanctioned pvp all in the same package, ill be blown away.

The competitive pvp stuff is supposed to be more arena-like. Open World just provides too much opportunity to grief. If there's any sort of Open PvP at all.. it would likely be designated zones. Not just anywhere at anytime.

velociraptor

This has to be one of the most ambitious shooters ever to grace the industry. I'm floored by the scale and the concept of the game. It looks like Borderlands + Halo on steroids.

I'm hyped as fuck, and this is easily a day one purchase for me.

ElRenoRaven

God I just don't care how many times I've seen that footage. It still just floors me every time. This game can't come soon enough.

StuBurns

Banned
Yeah this is exactly why I'm waiting and seeing on this game. Borderlands gameplay with MMO gameplay is a mix that should result in a huge disaster of terrible and boring game design. I want to see if there's going to be any appeal to this game beyond yet another game that you can play with friends.
You say 'yet another', and while it's true there are co-op games on consoles, this looks like it's going to have orders more content than anything else. Personally, I'm not expecting Halo 3 level of crafted encounters, because I'm expecting massively more content, which for me might actually be more exciting. It has to be a lot better than Borderlands though.

Bungie are still the only people who've made any 'great' FPS campaigns on consoles to me, so I shall give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the quality of individual levels/encounters in Destiny.

You're right that co-op is used as something of a get out of jail free card when it comes to quality, but I also think it's true that games are much more fun in co-op.

Looks like we don't actually fly our ships in the game :-/

"We’re not making a space sim where you're flying through the stars," he explained. "We’re making a first person shooter. So the primary way you’ll get around the world is on foot as a first person shooter, then space travel is a cool way for you to customize your ship and get around.

"You can see the ship when you arrive in public spaces and they sort of herald your arrival. You can upgrade them, but they’re also the way that you’re moving around in the story and they’re primarily that story vehicle to get you from Earth to the Moon, then Venus or Mars."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/destiny-devs-talk-space-travel-pc-and-microtransactions

Marleyman

Banned

Agreed; Borderlands grew stale for me and my friends much quicker than I expected.

Sorc3r3r

Wait a minute, i'm italian so it's a little hard to get all the talk in there; there is space exploration in Destiny?

Or my hears are cheating on me?

Edit:

"We’re not making a space sim where you're flying through the stars," he explained. "We’re making a first person shooter. So the primary way you’ll get around the world is on foot as a first person shooter, then space travel is a cool way for you to customize your ship and get around.

"You can see the ship when you arrive in public spaces and they sort of herald your arrival. You can upgrade them, but they’re also the way that you’re moving around in the story and they’re primarily that story vehicle to get you from Earth to the Moon, then Venus or Mars."

Ok i was getting it right in a sense :)

What do you mean by this?

all this playstation exlcusive and no love for their previous fanbase/supporters stuff i guess it could be seen as reaching out because they know they have the xbox players already but they haven't even talked about the xbox one and destiny to my knowledge

feel

Vid after vid I try, but I just can't get excited for this game and that saddens me considering it's the new ip from the people who gave me Halo 1~ODST, I hope it surprises the hell out of me when I play it.

Top Bottom