• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Master List of all Destiny Patches & Updates

h75srRG.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION
POST-20 LEVELING GUIDE (Read these if you have just reached level 20 or are frustrated with progression)
  • Part 1 (Progression at 20-25)
  • Part 2 (Xur's weekly visits, and getting to 26 and beyond; note, "What the Hell is Up with Engrams?" section doesn't apply since the engram patch)
  • Part 3 (27+, getting to 29 without RNG; note, goal 4.5 only applies when the Queen's Wrath missions are available)
  • Part 4a (Life at ~28)
  • Part 4b (Building with Exotics)

TIPS & TRICKS
COMMUNITY
  • Want help with raids? There's a specific thread for that here!
  • Want help with story missions and such? Check out this thread.
EXOTIC BUILD RANDOMIZER
Elegant weapon and armor pairings for thoughtful Guardians to consider. Refresh the page to see a new one!
Want to add a build to the Randomizer? Just PM me with the info in this format! The only truly necessary partsare the exotic choices and a small description of how to use it. Don't worry about finding the images, I'll add them.​

OT9 Wall of Shame
rD14WJO.png

Those Who Have Become Legend (The Guardian Lords of GAF. Post your proof to be added!)
figadapaura
Namikaze1
todd360
Boguester
Steroyd
Ji66a-Man
GutZ31
LordofPwn
LiK
Stantron
iRAWRasaurus
areal
Mattiator
Lima
Owlowiscious

Stick together team.

Sofa King

New cheese found. Stuck a 360 version of the game in (usually play XB1) and popped 37 cheevos. Was quite funny to watch the parade of pops.

kuppy

Yay new thread. And yay, my internet works again. To celebrate that I'll hopefully get my alt some raid gear.

Starting as soon as we have a full team.
  1. kuppii930 (28, Warlock)
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -

Just send me a message or friend request on PSN, I'll answer you and invite you once we are about to start.

Trakan

Didn't realize there was a new thread, sorry.

Looking for people for Atheon checkpoint on hard raid. Need 4. Going to need at least a few level 30s. We tried it earlier today with 6 29s and it wasn't happening. I'm going to be level 30 and my friend is 29.

PSN is Trakan.

Fixed1979

Yay new thread. And yay, my internet works again. To celebrate that I'll hopefully get my alt some raid gear.

Starting as soon as we have a full team.
  1. kuppii930 (28, Warlock)
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -

Just send me a message or friend request on PSN, I'll answer you and invite you once we are about to start.

Would be down, with 27 hunter.

Steroyd

Hue hue hue, Atheon is supposed to cheese people like that guys.

Also holy shit this happened.

s43XJSv.jpg

So i decided to try and level my Mida tool through crucible bounties that made me do Clash and sweet mother god, I can't believe I managed this on First Light.

I'm of the opinion that First Light is absolutely dogshit for this mode because there are no focal points and the map is simply too big for team deathmatch so people are just running around doing bugger all for long periods, but somehow I racked up the kills. o_O

And also this on happened on Twlight gap I think it's called.

HMNJU3x.jpg

I was murdering it with a scout rifle, getting kills while behind the safety of my team, I've definately found a new appreciation for scout rifles now, only time I lost out to a one on one was because the other person had a goddamn vex mythclast, even then I won some bouts. ^_^

That said I still prefer AR's for modes like controls, if I'm trying to capture zones, but now I think I'm going to change my loadouts depending on the map, also I golden gunned a blade dancer, feels good man.

Didn't realize there was a new thread, sorry.

Looking for people for Atheon checkpoint on hard raid. Need 4. Going to need at least a few level 30s. We tried it earlier today with 6 29s and it wasn't happening. I'm going to be level 30 and my friend is 29.

PSN is Trakan.
I'm in psn babyghost853

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hue hue hue, Atheon is supposed to cheese people like that guys.

Also holy shit this happened.

s43XJSv.jpg

So i decided to try and level my Mida tool through crucible bounties that made me do Clash and sweet mother god, I can't believe I managed this on First Light.

I'm of the opinion that First Light is absolutely dogshit for this mode because there are no focal points and the map is simply too big for team deathmatch so people are just running around doing bugger all for long periods, but somehow I racked up the kills. o_O

And also this on happened on Twlight gap I think it's called.

HMNJU3x.jpg

I was murdering it with a scout rifle, getting kills while behind the safety of my team, I've definately found a new appreciation for scout rifles now, only time I lost out to a one on one was because the other person had a goddamn vex mythclast, even then I won some bouts. ^_^

That said I still prefer AR's for modes like controls, if I'm trying to capture zones, but now I think I'm going to change my loadouts depending on the map, also I golden gunned a blade dancer, feels good man.
that's a glowing review of SRs, maybe i'll try teh mida

shem935

Banned
Got my main to 30 and immediately started on my second at 27. It's a sickness. I love it so much.

Also putting in the the early vote for OT 11: Stockhorn Syndrome. Got snubbed this go round.

I'm here with my Hawkmoon and the remains of the two Hawkmoon I got today. :p

Go screw yourself :)

she's just taking a bit of a break from GAF.

I see, she used to be so active, specially before the launch. In a way I could say the same of myself, although I have been following along, I haven't been so active on this particular thread. Since things have slowed down, and only the real legends remain, I will be changing that (no more 20+ pages to read every time I log in helps :p).

gdt

Just gt my alt through the nightfall with the switch out strategy. Am super down to do the same for the 28 weekly. Anyone down? Basically run through as your main, then we each take turns switching into alts when he's down to a tiny bit.

Ps4 gdt5016. Won't take long at all.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What's up everybody? Here's to hoping I reach 30 before the next thread on ONE of my 3 characters. Bungie pls.

Having three characters takes too long to do shit.

I can't even bring myself to raise a second character... I've told myself that once my Isabeau goes from lvl 29 to 30,that I'd create myself a hunter or something. 135hrs have passed, and still no lvl 30 gear in sight. Sigh...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Same here. I don't play as much but I still log a few hours every other day and still have fun shooting stuff while playing multiple classes.

About the same. Finally did the raid last week and got the chest piece and gloves. So did more bounties this week to level those and an exotic helmet (was using exotic gloves before). Mostly done with that--just one more upgrade on the gloves (just need the xp) and a couple on the helmet (will need more shards).

Otherwise I just try to do the daily and one public event most days--though I miss 2 or 3 a week now. And want to try to do the raid weekly to try and get the boots. Once I get to 30 I'd stop playing until the DLC. But given my friends luck with not getting the boots (after also getting the chest and gloves his first raid) that may be a while!

But with 111 hours played and counting, it's one of my most played games ever so I clearly love it!

Having three characters takes too long to do shit.

Yeah, I just stick with my warlock. I made a Hunter early on, but it's still at level 9. I just don't have the time/interest to mess with multiple characters. Too many other games to play, and this game is repetitive enough to redoing the same missions/bouties/raid/strikes with just one character.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I can't even bring myself to raise a second character... I've told myself that once my Isabeau goes from lvl 29 to 30,that I'd create myself a hunter or something. 135hrs have passed, and still no lvl 30 gear in sight. Sigh...
I basically took my second and third characters to level 26 right when they hit 20 due to gear I'd collected on previous characters. If you've got the gear already, it's really quick. Plus it's cool to see how all the classes/subclasses play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom