• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
No info on exotics.

Geez, this is beyond absurd at this point.

Deej "We'll talk about exotics this Thursday"

Thursday comes, no talk about exotics.

"We've stomached enough math this week."

...we have? The player base has really only dealt with "7-4=3". Kind of a bummer to act like not giving us details was somehow a favor to us.

Wow. That update was worthless. And hey DeeJ, just cause you don't like math doesn't mean the diehard people that actually care about these weekly updates feel the same...

E92 M3

In a forum post Deej responded to someone asking if the update is coming on Tuesday and he said:

Think: Between now and The Dark Below.

Horrible. So I'll be able to enjoy my Mythoclast for one week before new raid weapons replace it.

More info would have been nice but there's some good stuff coming I guess.

Exotic patch will be before the Dark Below expansion it seems, so I guess December 8th at the latest?

He also says the marks we've earned will have new buyers with I guess fresh weapons for sale?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
"We've stomached enough math this week."

...we have? The player base has really only dealt with "7-4=3". Kind of a bummer to act like not giving us details was somehow a favor to us.

Seriously, between the broken promises and the straight to our face lying, Deej writing style comes across as smug and condescending.

Everytime he pens one of his pieces, my opinion of Bungie lowers.

More info would have been nice but there's some good stuff coming I guess.

Exotic patch will be before the Dark Below expansion it seems, so I guess December 8th at the latest?

He also says the marks we've earned will have new buyers with I guess fresh weapons for sale?

I interpreted that is exchanging marks for materials. His comment like "what your arsenal has been craving".

My arsenal has no shortage of guns, just a shortage of planetary items to upgrade them.

EL CUCO

I interpreted that is exchanging marks for materials. His comment like "what your arsenal has been craving".

My arsenal has no shortage of guns, just a shortage of planetary items to upgrade them.

God I hope this is the case. I've had 200 marks for 2 weeks now. I would've definitely invested in some matts. I need some Relic Iron right now!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Horrible. So I'll be able to enjoy my Mythoclast for one week before new raid weapons replace it.

Yeah, this is insane.

It only took them one week to nerf the Mythoclast into the ground but they'll wait weeks to fix it just in time to be made obsolete by expansion gear.

I'm honestly enjoying Destiny, but I'm gonna pass on Destiny 2. Bungie flat out does not know how to manage this type of game.

Cømet

Banned
Oh astro I see what you mean now. Space bus looks so ridiculous. Who designed this thing? Why did they make it diarrhoea brown? Just what the hell are those things on the sides?

So daft.

Jito

Banned
Ha what did I say this afternoon guys, no real info in the update at all! You all need to be more cynical about Bungie like me.

E92 M3

Yeah, this is insane.

It only took them one week to nerf the Mythoclast into the ground but they'll wait weeks to fix it just in time to be made obsolete by expansion gear.

I'm honestly enjoying Destiny, but I'm gonna pass on Destiny 2. Bungie flat out does not know how to manage this type of game.

Yes, it's very upsetting because I am enjoying the game so much, but Bungie keeps make it harder and harder to do. I just hope they are going to surprise with an early update.

Yeah, this is insane.

Well, maybe the Mythoclast will be the best weapon for the new raid and whatever weapon comes from the hard mode boss will be best for the next expansion. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Guys im downloading the trial on my one atm, is it a good representation of the full game?

Ehhh...sort of? Being capped at level 7 gives you an okay idea of how the game flows. Really gets more interesting once you are 20+ and are doing endgame progression/content (IMO). Your character is just more fun to play further into the game.

Leveling up is fun though, no downside to trying it out.

The update today was my first time posting on the Bungie Destiny site. Seriously, after messing up Thorn on Tuesday and promising some major information on Exotics today, all we got was a "hold on to your exotics, we have more information in the future." That is pretty much the exact same story told to Bad Juju and Thorn holders almost two months ago with not a single shred of information since outside of a "whoops, we didnt meant to mess it up with patch 1.0.3 but have faith it will be better." What a major let down...

Yeah, this is insane.

Hey at least Mythoclast got acknowledged before the nerf and then after the nerf. Not to mention that whole fiasco was relatively recent. It has been since 9/25/2014 that Bad Juju and Thorn were promised a buff and nothing. The most Thorn has been discussed has been when it accidentally got nerfed on Tuesday with promise of more information on Exotics today. I cant stress how anticlimactic the update today was. But hey, please be excited for a future update where we say we will cover exoctics in a future update. Also, did you all buy the expansion pass or preorder the new expansion and get that sick ride, because shiny things are a distraction.

Frenden

Banned
I'm sure Deej is a nice fella doing his best, but I'd much rather have bullet pointed, plain-prose-laden lists of hard numbers and changes.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hey at least Mythoclast got acknowledged before the nerf and then after the nerf. Not to mention that whole fiasco was relatively recent. It has been since 9/25/2014 that Bad Juju and Thorn were promised a buff and nothing. The most Thorn has been discussed has been when it accidentally got nerfed on Tuesday with promise of more information on Exotics today. I cant stress how anticlimactic the update today was. But hey, please be excited for a future update where we say we will cover exoctics in a future update. Also, did you all buy the expansion pass or preorder the new expansion and get that sick ride, because shiny things are a distraction.

We're quickly reaching a point where having no form of public communication but patch notes is better PR than what they're currently doing.

Mindlog

6i9DVIW.jpg

My Thorn is ready.

E92 M3

Suddenly I'm not in the mood to play iron banner. Don't know why either.

I feel you. Was really excited to see some numbers and changes, but here we are disappointed for another week. Deej isn't a bad guy, but it's either Bungie is not giving him info or he likes trolling us. I am going with the former.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm sure Deej is a nice fella doing his best, but I'd much rather have bullet pointed, plain-prose-laden lists of hard numbers and changes.

This week's:

a) We have a bonus for purchasing the new expansion. Please buy the new expansion.
b) *Post the IB damage curve*
c) Thorn nerf is not intentional.
d) Exotics will be patched before the Dark Below launches.
e) We made strikes easier for teams, harder for solo players. We'd like to fix that at some point in the future.

Ta-da! Bungie's weekly updated condensed into the actual meat. Everything else is just Deej pretending to be a bad writer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
...they should give me the data to write these updates and let DeeJ write grimoire entries and quips for the Crucible announcer. getting the thorn nerf wrong is embarrassing, that's just a simple fact check!

Translations:
That poisoned barb that lodges in your armor and pecks away at you is now two points weaker (seen below, measured with a 3, down from 5)
I mean 7.
When reports (and panic) broke out that Bungie had Ninja-nerfed your fancy irons, they took to the arcade for a photo-finish on store-bought boxes. When reached for comment, Hamrick made this promise:

"Soon, Thorn will be restored to its former glory... And then some."
The Thorn buff previously mentioned will be applied to its pre-patch state, and we should all be afraid of that.
We’ll be shuffling the cards before The Dark Below launches.
I’m saving the numbers for the notes that are being written up right now.
Patches are typically released simultaneously across all platforms.
The Exotic-balance patch will hit sometime between now and Dec. 9th, an 18-day period. An exact date is difficult to provide because the certification and delivery process for patching across all four consoles and separate network infrastructures is complex and time-consuming.
These are very likely the Exotics that will be touched in the patch. Pocket Infinity is the outlier; I'm not sure what direction they aim to go with that at all. MIDA Multi-Tool users may be disappointed. Monte Carlo may or may not be touched; as it is a PS4 exclusive it may just have not been shown.
The economy of war in the City is being updated along with the rarest and most unique guns on your rack. Even the marks you’ve earned will have new buyers who hold what your arsenal craves.
Some form of mark-to-material conversion will be added in the same patch.
We made a couple of changes. First, we tuned the damage to be a little easier overall so that we’d see higher survival rates in 3-player fireteams. Then, we normalized these damage values across all group sizes so that players wouldn’t feel that additional Guardians joining their Strike made things harder. Players can now be certain that people joining their team are helping their progress, not hindering it.
This doesn't need much translation of course, but: all Strikes are now slightly easier with regard to damage you take; both damage you take and damage you deal are now independent of the number of people in a group which disproportionate affects solo play.
We acknowledge that this is undesirable for many players and we are considering different ways to solve these problems.
Independent scaling to accomodate solo play may be added
I don't think this is necessary and probably won't have a dramatic impact when implemented, whatever it is.

If you have one of the above-mentioned products, but cannot find your Sparrow, we have a FAQ available. Please check the article for additional information on how to receive this sick-nasty Sparrow.
If you know for a fact you should have your Tumbler, and haven't received one, try restoring your licenses. If that fails, ensure that you have downloaded the Expansion Pass (rather than just having purchased it) from with the Xbox Live or Playstation Store.

We're quickly reaching a point where having no form of public communication but patch notes is better PR than what they're currently doing.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. But I couldnt help feel like I was talking to the Speaker or the female Exo when reading that Exotics section: "I could tell you about what we have planned for exotics, but I dont have the time."

Or conversely, dont say "guys stay tuned for major information on exotics" and then say "hey guys, I know you want to hear about exotics so here it is: stay tuned for more information on exotics."

JayEH

Got the raid helm so now I can get rid of the exotic one I had.

Running weekly heroic right now. RedViperN7. Need 1 more.

...they should give me the data to write these updates and let DeeJ write grimoire entries and quips for the Crucible announcer. getting the thorn nerf wrong is embarrassing, that's just a simple fact check!

Translations:

I mean 7.

The Thorn buff previously mentioned will be applied to its pre-patch state, and we should all be afraid of that.

The Exotic-balance patch will hit sometime between now and Dec. 9th, an 18-day period. An exact date is difficult to provide because the certification and delivery process for patching across all four consoles and separate network infrastructures is complex and time-consuming.

These are very likely the Exotics that will be touched in the patch. Pocket Infinity is the outlier; I'm not sure what direction they aim to go with that at all. MIDA Multi-Tool users may be disappointed. Monte Carlo may or may not be touched; as it is a PS4 exclusive it may just have not been shown.

Some form of mark-to-material conversion will be added in the same patch.

This doesn't need much translation of course, but: all Strikes are now slightly easier with regard to damage you take; both damage you take and damage you deal are now independent of the number of people in a group which disproportionate affects solo play.

Independent scaling to accomodate solo play may be added
I don't think this is necessary and probably won't have a dramatic impact when implemented, whatever it is.

If you know for a fact you should have your Tumbler, and haven't received one, try restoring your licenses. If that fails, ensure that you have downloaded the Expansion Pass (rather than just having purchased it) from with the Xbox Live or Playstation Store.

If we didn't have Hawkian here to bring us truths, the entire world would be false.

phen0m24

Uh,looks like gutterboy was right:

"The side effect of this change is that playing Strikes solo has indeed become a little harder."

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, this is insane.

Exotics will not be made permanently obsolete.
Is deej retarded or does he just not play the game?

Thorn's DOT went from 7 to 3, not 5 to 3.

What a shit update.
for fuck's sake. we had like a three-hour respite and that was nice, but I would so love it if we could avoid turning into malcontent caricatures when we read something we don't like. he's a human being.
Uh,looks like gutterboy was right:

"The side effect of this change is that playing Strikes solo has indeed become a little harder."
yes, try not to rub it in nowai's face too much.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Or conversely, dont say "guys stay tuned for major information on exotics" and then say "hey guys, I know you want to hear about exotics so here it is: stay tuned for more information on exotics."

That's terrible PR.

It's just terrible. I can't believe a paid PR professional gave their approval for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom