• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

for fuck's sake. we had like a three-hour respite and that was nice, but I would so love it if we could avoid turning into malcontent caricatures when we read something we don't like. he's a human being.

I seriously want to know. Does he just not give a shit?

Last week he led people to believe information about exotic buffs were coming. We got some pictures. Everyone already knows which exotics need buffs, and now they aren't even touching half of them.

It's not even info I didn't like, it was a fucking lie.

The economy of war in the City is being updated along with the rarest and most unique guns on your rack. Even the marks you’ve earned will have new buyers who hold what your arsenal craves. I’m saving the numbers for the notes that are being written up right now.

I’ve endured too much math for one week. We all have.

Well at least it looks like we will be able to exchange marks for mats...

Deku Tree

Is deej retarded or does he just not play the game?

Thorn's DOT went from 7 to 3, not 5 to 3.

What a shit update.

You should realize two things

1) Deej is a human being at work doing a job.
2) Everything he says publically is probably needed to be approved by several Bungie employees who are much more important than Deej within the Bungie organizational structure. What he writes is very likely edited by a team.

Trakan

You should realize two things

1) Deej is a human being at work doing a job.
2) Everything he says publically is probably needed to be approved by several Bungie employees who are much more important than Deej within the Bungie organizational structure. What he writes is very likely edited by a team.

I don't really believe that it's checked by multiple people, but if it is I'm even more blown away by the incompetence. If there's multiple people who didn't catch that, I don't know what to say.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Everyone already knows which exotics need buffs, and now they aren't even touching half of them.
What are you referring to?
But you know there will be new shinier toys to play with. Right now the Mythoclast is the hot shit. It's vain, but I want to play with it while it's hot.
well it will almost undoubtedly be an excellent choice to use IN the new raid.

whatever, I understand your frustration. it should have been given individual priority instead of rolled into this balance pass with other exotics.

i should probably have just stayed out of this thread when I heard the weekly update hit. not in the ideal mood to lead the raid :-/

Anyway,

Just realized we hit a new page and the pace picked up as well, wanted to offer a link to this checklist of Destiny stuffs in can anyone else wants to grab it. Go to File -> Make a copy to get your own editable one.

Deku Tree

I don't really believe that it's checked by multiple people, but if it is I'm even more blown away by the incompetence. If there's multiple people who didn't catch that, I don't know what to say.

"Didn't catch that" might not be accurate... Could be "didn't want to publically acknowledge the extent of the accidental ninja nerf". They are a self interested company selling a product at the end of the day...

Shito

Guys, were you really expecting some details on the next patch in this weekly update?
It's been pretty clear now their way of dealing with updates was to be as vague as possible beforehand, probably so as not to over-promise, and to only put the details of the patch notes once the patch actually releases.

Deej responded to a comment I made on reddit in regards to being disappointed that we were teased about exotics being addressed and then not having them so.

Are you referring to this? https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/534436243396771840

The goal there was to respond to misinformation that all weapons had been Ninja-nerfed, and pledge an explanation of what had been impacted by 1.0.3. As a consolation, I got approval to forecast that all Exotic updates will land before The Dark Below launches.

I'd love to be more specific, but Twitter was invented for short attention spans.

Kinda feel bad because the comment thread devolved pretty quickly into people asking stupid questions (like asking him to give us a date, when obviously he can't).

Trace

Banned
I'm optimistic about the Thorn buff. It was already my favorite weapon in PvP, but the last nerf ruined it, can't justify using it over TLW.

I like guns that reward skill, it makes the game fun.

I played Destiny for the first time in weeks. Got a legendary speeder in the mail (cool) and got 2.0+ KDR in the crucible (including a 10 kill streak with a machine gun and sniper rifle). But all my crucible matches were awful in terms of latency. Guys were teleporting all over the place and hits were registering really late.

And I see IB armor goes to 30 light when fully upgraded. Does that mean I can hit level 30 without raid armor?

Edit- I do have exotic helms and the raid chest, so I guess the IB gloves and boots can push me to 30

jett

D-Member
I played Destiny for the first time in weeks. Got a legendary speeder in the mail (cool) and got 2.0+ KDR in the crucible (including a 10 kill streak with a machine gun and sniper rifle). But all my crucible matches were awful in terms of latency. Guys were teleporting all over the place and hits were registering really late.

And I see IB armor goes to 30 light when fully upgraded. Does that mean I can hit level 30 without raid armor?

No, because IB offers only boots and gauntlets for now. All your gear needs to hit 30 light to reach level 30.

I'm getting a little bit jelly listening to all of your successes in PVP. I've never had a 10 kill streak and have trouble completing most bounties. I don't have the most experience at first person shooters in a PVP environment anyway so the learning curve for Destiny Crucible and IB has been pretty steep.

I think I am getting better. I hope I am getting better. Some games I easily finish with a K/D of higher than 1 but other games I hang around a .6 or .7. I enjoy playing my Titan but I feel like it's the bottom tier class in terms of PVP, especially in terms of getting kills.

That being said, maybe I am just not using my class to its fullest potential. Any really successful Titan PVP'ers out there have any tips for killing more and dieing less? I've read just about everything in this thread that's been written on how to PVP and I feel like I follow that advice pretty well but I am still a little bit frustrated.

In Control matches I tend to stick with Defender for the bubble but I am sorely tempted to switch back to Striker just so I can ground pound and toss lightning grenades at control points. Thoughts?
Fellow titan.

Do you have Suros or TLW? Use one of them.
Do you have a decent sniper? Use that, no Shotty or fusion rifles.
Do you have a good rocket launcher? One with proximity detonation preferably? Buy steel oracle from Vanguard vendor.

Run striker with pulse nades, you won't need to be sacrificing your super since your gonna be a major dick over your control points. You can run shoulder charge but your play style should be cautious aggression, so only use it on single and unprepared enemies.

Simply sit between the point on the map that allows quick access to BOTH B and A Or C, whichever you have and snipe/super/rocket/nade people trying to cap your points.

For example, on Shores of time if you have A,?you could be a lame and sit on the "snipe tower", stopping only to pick up heavy ammo or pick off vengeful enemies.

Keep point capping to a minimum unless it's completely safe. Remember, this maybe domination, but your K.D. matters a lot, a team wrecking you with only one point will win even if you control 2.

This is basically all I've been doing in IB and I just got done with a 7.0 and 32 kills...

Steroyd

No, with an exotic helm, and IB boots and Gauntlets you'll get to 3 light short of level 30 if you upgrade everything, you'd need a raid chest at the absolute minimum.

kilongs

So, is there any point in keeping separate weapon inventories for each character. Been struggling a little with my inventory, and I started to realize that I could probably just keep the best-of-the-best. Plus, I would be saving on the ascendant things trying to upgrade all these weapons. The process of vaulting everything to pass on to the next character I play would be a little annoying, but probably worth it. Is there any disadvantages to this?

Does anyone do this?

jett

D-Member
Oh. Well, my hunter does have the raid chest and exotic helms. Dunno if I can hit the necessary IB ranks before the game event is finished.

IB guy sells a daily buff that increases the amount of reputation you get, each day that buff increases. You may hit level 4 over the weekend, after some heavy play. :p

E92 M3

The Dark Below cinematic was pretty cool - I just watched it. Hopefully all of the missions build up Crota to be this badass that has to be extinguished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom