• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
So has that blue engram -> Legendary -> Exotic trick actually worked for anyone in here?
Blue decrypting into Legendary is a rare enough occurrence to make this hard to test. Coupled with how hard it is to get a purple Engram to drop, it might be easier to just get an Exotic drop directly :p Haven't had the chance yet :/

Blue decrypting into Legendary is a rare enough occurrence to make this hard to test. Coupled with how hard it is to get a purple Engram to drop, it might be easier to just get an Exotic drop directly :p Haven't had the chance yet :/

Was with a few guys trying to gather blue engrams doing roc strikes, but didn't get any blues to turn into legendaries, so we could not complete the test.

I'm telling you, stealth hotfix. No more upgraded rolls.
I have no idea, but it sounds like something Bungie would do.

Pretty much. I managed to decrypt a blue into a Legendary yesterday, but didn't have a Legendary engram to follow up with.

Bradach

Was with a few guys trying to gather blue engrams doing roc strikes, but didn't get any blues to turn into legendaries, so we could not complete the test.

Yeah, Blue to purple it is rare enough. It has only happened to me a few times. Anecdotally a friend was decrypting a lot of blues from a ROC run the other day and he said he got 2 purples in a row from blues. He mentioned it to me on Wednesday. I suppose that would tie in with the idea that the server is on 'Upgrade Mode' for a few seconds.

I'll see if I can get the engrams together myself over the weekend and will report in here if I try it.

OddOne's tears are real

I'll buy Radiant Dance Machines, can maybe get my Hunter to 32. Would be funny, since he's the last character I made, but I'll take it.

Xur hooks me up again, Helm of Inmost Light was one of the few I still need. Doesn't seem like a terribly useful helm, but it fills out the Pokedex.

the last word just to spite oddone

ix96pBGxED7Yt.jpg

Awkward....

I presume Xur is gonna sell heavy ammo every week now since Bungie said it was a "bug" which they fixed in the latest patch!

Yes, "bug". Glad they were all over that one. They could hotfix Strange Coins for Glimmer while Xur was live, but they let us go for weeks (over a month) without Heavy Ammo right after CE HM goes live.

I presume Xur is gonna sell heavy ammo every week now since Bungie said it was a "bug" which they fixed in the latest patch.

Yes, "bug". Glad they were all over that one. They could hotfix Strange Coins for Glimmer while Xur was live, but they let us go for weeks (over a month) without Heavy Ammo right after CE HM goes live.

Won't believe for a second that it was a "bug".

Yeah that's the stuff that bothers me most about Bungie's PR. It's just condescending to lie to people about it. Of course I don't know for sure it's a lie but come on... anyone with common sense who's played this game as much as we have knows better.

The data leaks would be exactly correct down to every detail... except Heavy synth was removed. Then later leaks say he will have synth and he does. We know Bungie can control Xur's inventory in real time and we know there's nothing magically delicious about heavy synth that mysteriously made it disappear during the exact time frame when it impaired players' ability to clear the main time sink quickly.

noomi

Morning dgaf! Happy Xursday!

I bought me some shotgun telemetry today :D 4th Horseman & Invective time!

Also nice avatar ruthless, I loved the new star wars trailer too :D

Exactly, if Xur not having heavy synth was really a bug, they would have fixed it weeks ago when they partially fixed the heavy ammo glitch.

Why would they list it as a bug if it wasn't actually a bug?

Like Drizzay said, it's poor PR. Remember when TDB launched and they informed us that Exotic Engrams would no longer be guaranteed, but random? They eventually reversed the decision, but the whole time it was clear what was going on.

All DeeJ had to say was that Heavy Synth would no longer be Random and it would be perfectly fine. Maybe it was just a typo or mistake, but it is just another small thing in a laundry list of PR mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom