• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I haven't played since vanilla Destiny though I am thinking of getting back in with the Taken King, if receptions to the expansion are good.

I do however have a question of utmost importance, which will likely decide whether I do buy Taken King or not; do shaders finally affect exotic armors? Because fuck being forced to use a green shader if I want to wear the Armamentarium and not look stupid.

So I haven't played since vanilla Destiny though I am thinking of getting back in with the Taken King, if receptions to the expansion are good.

I do however have a question of utmost importance, which will likely decide whether I do buy Taken King or not; do shaders finally affect exotic armors? Because fuck being forced to use a green shader if I want to wear the Armamentarium and not look stupid.

Sadly no, there are only one or two exotics that work with shaders, and armamentarium is not one of them.

GutZ31

Armamentarium is affected by shaders to an extent, but the camo vest is still camo no matter what you wear.

Shito

Sadly no, there are only one or two exotics that work with shaders, and armamentarium is not one of them.
I'm pretty sure there are more than one or two.
Worth noting that some of them do work with shaders on a female guardian, but not on a male one, for whatever reason...

Coming in kind of fresh with a level 28 Warlock that has a few pieces of Legendary-tier gear (primary gun, helmet, gauntlets). I haven't done the Vault of Glass raid yet - do people still run this? I'd love to get in a pick-up group or something, and I assume this thread is the right place. Anybody planning on doing the raid between, say, 9:00 PM EDT tonight and either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday? I'm on PS4.

Wow that's just horrendous. Tweet this to bungie...

My favorite part: the guy already standing there near the door in the heavy round XD
Don't have twitter, but I doubt they will do something about it.

I'm confused. Your team mate has green bar. Wouldn't that make him host?

I don't know, he was not green barring when the game started so I doubt he would be the host.
Either way it shouldn't only affect one guy, we could hit the other 2 just fine.

420bits

My favorite part: the guy already standing there near the door in the heavy round XD
Don't have twitter, but I doubt they will do something about it.

I don' think they will do anything, I mean, all of their coconut, baboon etc. etc. errors suggest that you may have network connection problems in some way when everyone knows its their system that can't handle it :p

Vire

Anyone up for PoE LVL 35? I've yet to do it post Skolas nerf. Thanks!

PSN: audioandy

I know Ghaleon wanted to do it, but I'm not sure if he's up yet.

Coming in kind of fresh with a level 28 Warlock that has a few pieces of Legendary-tier gear (primary gun, helmet, gauntlets). I haven't done the Vault of Glass raid yet - do people still run this? I'd love to get in a pick-up group or something, and I assume this thread is the right place. Anybody planning on doing the raid between, say, 9:00 PM EDT tonight and either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday? I'm on PS4.

Join up for Hawkian's newbie raid, details and links are in the OP.

Will be doing a newbie raid next weekend, you're more than welcome to join that.

If there are others who want to run a newbie raid earlier than that, let me know and we can get something going.

I was trying to take a one week break from Destiny, but I look at the shelves full of stuff (plus the steam library) and now everything feels grey, dumb and boring. As if Destiny has managed to kill my interest in other stuff. Damn.

Nope, no VoG for me today. Waiting for a visit + trying to detox a bit.

EL CUCO

Lucking for Shotguns worth ascending
these E-lights are burning a whole in my pocket

Matador with shot package, reinforced barrel, and LITC. Only down side: Field choke. No AB.

Ascend or nah?

nOoblet16

GGs all around to the IB Train folks, very fun stuff and (by IB standards) not too laggravating. Doing all the bounties yesterday and today took me from 0 to being <2000 rep away from rank 5. Might as well do a little more later so I can complete my IB weapon collection (and then never use the PR).

I wish we could have played more teams like these guys...

CJJlAoHUkAIXY8J.jpg

Two tops in a row edit: Blade Dancer vs. Gunslinger, which subclass is PvP King? Discuss among yourselves.

Those 4 assists that I have were all in the span of a about 5-6 seconds...all taken by you :p

I feel for you man. That really sucks... There really should be an undo button for this kind of thing.

D:

Hang in there man.

:(

Oh man that's bad, feel sorry for you. I have always wondered why they don't have character locking like they do for equipment.

You probably can get close to that point in a week, won't have all that armour but you can get to a fully levelled warlock pretty soon. The weapons though, that might be different depending on which weapons got deleted and and if you had dupes.

Maybe you can try maining another class for now to take your mind off.

Wow holy damn. Sorry to hear that, I'd be pissed as hell.

I swear to god, when I have kids my consoles and controllers are going to be locked inside a cabinet when not in use. My condolences :'(

How are you going to punish him?

Damn. I'd be so pissed off. All those hours...

I don't know why Bungie can't put a timer on character deletes. 24 hours. Let people change their minds. Would cost them absolutely nothing to implement as all the data is on the server anyway.

I'm guessing there's nothing Bungie can do? I'm guessing not but you never know.

xplicit that sucks.

I can't understand why there isn't an option to "lock" a character. You can lock shitty blue-tier weapons to stop them getting deleted, which nobody cares about...but you can't lock a character who you've spent 10 fucking months of you life creating and levelling. It's so stupid.

Sorry about your character getting deleted. I'd be so angry if it ever happened to me

You can lock weapons but not characters. That definitely sucks.

Deleting characters should require an intermediate step. Like an authenticator thing that Blizzard uses or requiring simultaneous use of the app/website in some way. If this franchise continues for years as they say the grief of characters being accidentally deleted will only become greater.

Ah man, I'm really sorry Xplicit :( This made me feel sick to the stomach....

Really sorry man. So sad.

Shit man, really sorry to hear that. I'm paranoid about that stuff, so I have a password on my PS4 user account.

Damn, that is some rough shit. I'd feel the same way.

Ahh crap sorry X. :( Hopefully he didn't mean to. Did you have alts too? (Saying that hoping you had good gear stored on your alts)

Xplicit, I'm so sorry that happened to you. Most of us would probably feel the same way :(

PS: Disown your nephew!

holy shit xplicit, that really fucking sucks :( sorry to hear about that.

Bungie really should implement a system where we can back up/lock a character to the servers for mishaps like this. Or lock them with a password...

Ugh! I would be crushed. So sorry man.

That sucks xplicit, my sympathies. That would probably get me to quit, at least until Taken King.

Ah geez, that sucks. I'd be upset if this happened to me as well. On the bright side, you get to experience Bungie's amazing story telling through the eyes of a new born guardian all over again.
When you're ready I'll help you run through the story.
. You'll also be able to wreck unsuspecting victims in crucible. No one ever pays any mind to the level 5 guardian until it's too late. I remember what it was like as a baby Titan armed with just a shotgun and my bubble. Easy kill they said...Lol.

That reeeeeeally sucks. That's terrible. Only thing I would say is if you do confront your nephew maybe try to confirm he actually did it and not one of the other kids.

That's a total nightmare, so sorry to hear that dude. I would be crushed if I lost any character now, I think we've all grown pretty attached to them by now :-/

It's crazy to me that they don't have a character recovery feature for things like this (not to mention Kermit the Frog type stuff).

jeez explicit...that is unfortunate...tbh it's only a warlock

sorry that must suck real hard

what did you do to your nephew after that? do i want to know?

These gat damn warlock hating kids. Warlocks study and kids these days just aren't about it.

I... I don't know what I would do.
My niece is 9, and she asks me about EVERY little thing she is about to do on my system thankfully.
Is it possible for late term abortion?
Sorry for the horrible joke. :(

Thanks everyone.

I had a lot of stuff on that character and I haven't gone through most of my weapons to determine what I'm missing.

I bought 20 something engrams to get the ram, gone.
I kept my very first exotic gear in Destiny, sunbreakers, and every single Warlock exotic that exists, gone.
An entire set of VoG ascended gear, Trials gear, a collection of ships, shaders. 3/4 IB gear as well.
It took UNTIL Xur sold HOPF finally for me to get it, gone. Although I actually replaced that one with a much higher Stat roll. I was in the process of replacing my Void Fang Vestments with a much higher stat.

I got like 3 hours of sleep and Half of me wants to power through a lock and the other half wants me to put away the game for a long time. I just started really grooving in PvP. Went to Mercury with Recks (I know that doesn't mean I'm grooving) yesterday for only my 3rd time ever in a zillion attempts.

I expected stupid replies, but some replies on reddit and Bungie forums are ridiculous. Complete asshole status. I basically want to do it to get it out there for Bungie to do something about this sooner rather than later for future guardians to not go through what I just did. It hurts like hell.

Trakan

Thanks everyone.

I had a lot of stuff on that character and I haven't gone through most of my weapons to determine what I'm missing.

I kept my very first exotic gear in Destiny, sunbreakers, and every single Warlock exotic that exists, gone.
An entire set of VoG ascended gear, Trials gear, a collection of ships, shaders. 3/4 IB gear as well.
It took UNTIL Xur sold HOPF finally for me to get it, gone. Although I actually replaced that one with a much higher Stat roll. I was in the process of replacing my Void Fang Vestments with a much higher stat.

I got like 3 hours of sleep and Half of me wants to power through a lock and the other half wants me to put away the game for a long time. I just started really grooving in PvP. Went to Mercury with Recks (I know that doesn't mean I'm grooving) yesterday for only my 3rd time ever in a zillion attempts.

I expected stupid replies, but some replies on reddit and Bungie forums are ridiculous. Complete asshole status. I basically want to do it to get it out there for Bungie to do something about this sooner rather than later for future guardians to not go through what I just did. It hurts like hell.

It's shitty, but look at the bright side. It's easier than ever to level up and obtain exotics. Did you keep the motes/coins etc in the vault I hope? Or did they get deleted?

Thanks everyone.

I don't understand why they don't have a lock system in place similar to the items or even a way to restore the chatacter from the Bungie servers. Sorry for the loss, that's a huge bummer.

Thanks everyone.

You should jump back in. Yeah, it will be tough, but DGAF is a great community and I believe anyone here will be happy to help you get back up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom