• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's shitty, but look at the bright side. It's easier than ever to level up and obtain exotics. Did you keep the motes/coins etc in the vault I hope? Or did they get deleted?

I don't understand why they don't have a lock system in place similar to the items or even a way to restore the chatacter from the Bungie servers. Sorry for the loss, that's a huge bummer.

So sorry to hear about what happened! Hit me up if you need help to power level through a new Warlock.

Edit! Top off the page!

Yesterday's birthday boy on his perch:

You should jump back in. Yeah, it will be tough, but DGAF is a great community and I believe anyone here will be happy to help you get back up to speed.

Thanks, yea I'm giving myself time to think through it all. I was trying to think of ways to prevent it, and the only thing now is if i have guests over, I'll have to implement a password for that time only. It's still so fresh and I'm still in shock.

I've had my nephews over for a few days and they know to ask me to use stuff so it's not like I knew they wouldn't ask me for something, for a change.

Iron Banner rank 5! Don't know how some of you do this on 3 characters

Complete the bounties each day on as many characters as you can do they are all rank 2-3 before the massive buffs on sun and mon. Then do bounties for epic returns and get one character to 5. Then use the massive boost you get to bring the others up.

Ikkarus

There's nothing like spawning in to an Iron Banner game where it's only you and 2 others and all the zones are captured by the opponents.......

Shito

There's nothing like spawning in to an Iron Banner game where it's only you and 2 others and all the zones are captured by the opponents.......
Quick and easy medallion and a great opportunity to go crazy dumb on that melee kills bounty!

Now if you maxed out the former and already completed the latter... ^^

Kurumi

Got to rank 5 on my hunter in IB. God I love this IB cloak. She looks so good in it. It's the only thing I was really trying to get. Going for rank 5 on my warlock now.

excowboy

Sorry if it's been posted but just saw this on Reddit that says old vendor gear and weapons can drop in the relevant strike play list (i.e. Tiger strikes for Vanilla gear, Roc for DB gear) and thought DGAF might like to know!

Ganhyun

Best thing ever: listening to Mr. Greencastle and Unstable discuss warlock and titan jumps.

Edit: which now has evolved into titan vs warlock in general :)

Sorry if it's been posted but just saw this on Reddit that says old vendor gear and weapons can drop in the relevant strike play list (i.e. Tiger strikes for Vanilla gear, Roc for DB gear) and thought DGAF might like to know!

Who wants to grind strikes for the perfect LDR? Ha. Ha. Ha.

I'm not in the mood for anything. I was super stoked for The USA vs Japan rematch today but now I could care less. I set the afternoon to go to the gym but I cancelled on my friends. I'm not hungry and haven't eaten anything and it's almost lunchtime.

I literally had great rolls for my L34. I had an int/disc build, an int/str build and an even distribution build. I ascended my VoG boots for heavy before last week's trials. I spent so much time getting the most out of my builds.

All I know how to do now is post on here.

oneils

I'm not in the mood for anything. I was super stoked for The USA vs Japan rematch today but now I could care less. I set the afternoon to go to the gym but I cancelled on my friends. I'm not hungry and haven't eaten anything and it's almost lunchtime.

I literally had great rolls for my L34. I had an int/disc build, an int/str build and an even distributions build. I ascended my VoG boots for heavy before last week's trials. I spent so much time getting the most out of my builds.

Hugs. Seriously man, here's a hug. That's just nuts.

Akai XIII

Anyone got a low level for me to join for the "Awoken The Reef" cutscene? Need it for the 10 HoW grimoire but can't access it... Because I've done it three times.

Dave_6

Thanks everyone.

I had a lot of stuff on that character and I haven't gone through most of my weapons to determine what I'm missing.

I bought 20 something engrams to get the ram, gone.
I kept my very first exotic gear in Destiny, sunbreakers, and every single Warlock exotic that exists, gone.
An entire set of VoG ascended gear, Trials gear, a collection of ships, shaders. 3/4 IB gear as well.
It took UNTIL Xur sold HOPF finally for me to get it, gone. Although I actually replaced that one with a much higher Stat roll. I was in the process of replacing my Void Fang Vestments with a much higher stat.

I got like 3 hours of sleep and Half of me wants to power through a lock and the other half wants me to put away the game for a long time. I just started really grooving in PvP. Went to Mercury with Recks (I know that doesn't mean I'm grooving) yesterday for only my 3rd time ever in a zillion attempts.

I expected stupid replies, but some replies on reddit and Bungie forums are ridiculous. Complete asshole status. I basically want to do it to get it out there for Bungie to do something about this sooner rather than later for future guardians to not go through what I just did. It hurts like hell.

Damn, I don't even know what to say :/ I can't imagine how pissed I would be if this happened to me, after the DAYS of time I've put into this game. Luckily I've only had one thing accidentally deleted; my friends kid was playing around with one of my toons and tried to switch weapons and deleted my Epilogue instead (this was before the auto rifle nerf). No one plays Destiny on my console but me anymore.

I can't imagine the rage you felt when you first saw it. I know it would be hard to want to keep playing but I hope you stick around!

bitsurugi

Thanks everyone.

I had a lot of stuff on that character and I haven't gone through most of my weapons to determine what I'm missing.

I bought 20 something engrams to get the ram, gone.
I kept my very first exotic gear in Destiny, sunbreakers, and every single Warlock exotic that exists, gone.
An entire set of VoG ascended gear, Trials gear, a collection of ships, shaders. 3/4 IB gear as well.
It took UNTIL Xur sold HOPF finally for me to get it, gone. Although I actually replaced that one with a much higher Stat roll. I was in the process of replacing my Void Fang Vestments with a much higher stat.

I got like 3 hours of sleep and Half of me wants to power through a lock and the other half wants me to put away the game for a long time. I just started really grooving in PvP. Went to Mercury with Recks (I know that doesn't mean I'm grooving) yesterday for only my 3rd time ever in a zillion attempts.

I expected stupid replies, but some replies on reddit and Bungie forums are ridiculous. Complete asshole status. I basically want to do it to get it out there for Bungie to do something about this sooner rather than later for future guardians to not go through what I just did. It hurts like hell.

If i can at least try to console you... now might be the BEST time to have lost that warlock, in september you will change all the gear anyway, due to TTK coming. So just make a new one, level up skills, get gear from NF and gorgon chests. You should quickly get most stuff back, even if not, you will have to swap to gear from TTK anyway.

I hope i have at least midly easen your pain :/

I literally had great rolls for my L34. I had an int/disc build, an int/str build and an even distribution build. I ascended my VoG boots for heavy before last week's trials. I spent so much time getting the most out of my builds.

I feel for you buddy, you know I do. But sitting around sulking isn't gonna help. Follow through with the RL plans you had and come back to Destiny when you're ready.

Got to rank 5 on my hunter in IB. God I love this IB cloak. She looks so good in it. It's the only thing I was really trying to get. Going for rank 5 on my warlock now.

IB cloak + goldspiral is so pretty ( ・ ̫・)
beWwI2xh.jpg

DLRYGQb.png

Anyone got a low level for me to join for the "Awoken The Reef" cutscene? Need it for the 10 HoW grimoire but can't access it... Because I've done it three times.

I think it also unlocks after playing the "Isthar Collective" mission. At least mine popped up after that mission.

You know what Bungie should have implemented????

"You have LOCKED items on your character. Please unlock or transfer those items prior to deleting the character"

My char wouldn't have gotten deleted I tell you that much. No way he would have had the time to do all of that or possibly know how to do it.

I'm not in the mood for anything. I was super stoked for The USA vs Japan rematch today but now I could care less.I set the afternoon to go to the gym but I cancelled on my friends. I'm not hungry and haven't eaten anything and it's almost lunchtime.

Oh man xplicit that breaks my heart T_T. Had the same thing happen to my Pokemon red save when I was real little. Had almost all 150 pokemans (I remember all the shit I had to go through to get the pokemon you could only get from trading with the blue version and all) and a friend of mine deleted the save. At the end of the day it's only a game though, and it can all be gained back. Atleast that's the way I look at it.

Still sucks tho :|

Join up for Hawkian's newbie raid, details and links are in the OP.

Will be doing a newbie raid next weekend, you're more than welcome to join that.

If there are others who want to run a newbie raid earlier than that, let me know and we can get something going.

Thanks!

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't seem to find anything about a newbie raid in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom