• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
I've thought about this, but not sure what the benefit will be since then I'll have 3 subclasses to max and maybe I can get some of the other 2 subclasses as close as possible. Plus I wouldn't be able to buy any vendor gear/weapons. I had all 3 factions, crucible and vanguard rep at 90+% prior to HoW to where I needed 1 bounty/commendation on each and it gave me an awesome head start. Not sure if I can do that again but at least 1 faction maybe. My dreams of Revenant are over.

While I have absolutely nothing to base this on, I've got a feeling a lot less will be carrying over into TTK than the prior two expansions, possibly including reputation. Year One is being packaged together in messaging, and TTK is getting a whole new package targeted at people entirely new to the game. A reset might be in order.

Non-pro??? C'mon, man, those guys are as pro as you can get. They have to be, they even managed to carry ME to Mercury! :)

We are nowhere near as good as the real pros like Unstable and Nghtly haha.

Well done Wheel! Definitely pulled your weight, always good to see how much you've improved. Keep it up!

nOoblet16

When you see you're the 6th on a 5-man Fireteam in IB, then look up their clan on Destiny Tracker and see their clan KDR is 0.5.

wDzs7ym.jpg
What was your assist count though? For you it's the ADR that matters not KDR

ocean

Banned
What is the better pvp sniper to invest in rerolling- Low Grade Humility or Her Benevolence?
Low Grade Humility is a fantastic choice for 6v6. Revive shields aren't a problem, and naps being more crowded means the added RoF has a chance to shine. Getting a Double Down or a double body tap for a kill is a lot easier.

Her Benevolence is a top-tier choice for 3v3. Modes like Skirmish and Elimination are slower paced and the added impact is too big an advantage to be passed up.

Praedyth's is a good enough option for 6v6, but a well-rolled LGH suited for that game type can be amazing. I had HH+Unflinching but I wasn't feeling it.

I went for Spray and Play, Snapshot, Performance Bonus and Ambish. Absolutely amazing sniper.

People have taken Reddit tier lists too seriously and not tested things out for themselves. Unflinching being "Tier 1" for a low zoom PvP sniper is just ridiculous. Hidden Hand really feels like a soft, almost imperceptible bonus whereas Spray and Play makes a discernible difference. Performance Bonus = more ammo - this is amazingly good and a million times better than the imperceptible Unflinching.

Normally I'd say Hand Laid Stock is the best middle tree perk, but Snapshot is so good. Aiming more quickly is often what allows you to get the kill instead of a trade.

I have the "God roll" Her Benevolence and never use it. My 3v3 sniper is an LDR with Snapshot and Performance Bonus. A million times better than Hidden Hand and Unflinching in my opinion.

Having different 3v3 and 6v6 snipers isn't necessary but it can be fun to learn the feel of different weapons and roll them into specialized builds suited for each mode.

God damn xplictone, I read a few pages back and saw what happen. Really sorry and I feel your pain. I wouldn't know what to do if my main Hunter got deleted....and it really bothers me into whY BUngie can't recover accidentally deleted accounts. You would think they save their shit server side so they could recover accounts but I guess no one over there is thinking about that shit.

Either way man your holding up stronger then I would. I would have gone crazy and snapped haha. If you need help leveling up that new baby Lock going through that boring campaign again and need someone to tag along I will help you out man. GAFs got you baby!

Thanks, yea the support here has helped a lot. It's the only place that understands me. I appreciate it

traveler

Not Wario
Low Grade Humility is a fantastic choice for 6v6. Revive shields aren't a problem, and naps being more crowded means the added RoF has a chance to shine. Getting a Double Down or a double body tap for a kill is a lot easier.

Her Benevolence is a top-tier choice for 3v3. Modes like Skirmish and Elimination are slower paced and the added impact is too big an advantage to be passed up.

Praedyth's is a good enough option for 6v6, but a well-rolled LGH suited for that game type can be amazing. I had HH+Unflinching but I wasn't feeling it.

I went for Spray and Play, Snapshot, Performance Bonus and Ambish. Absolutely amazing sniper.

People have taken Reddit tier lists too seriously and not tested things out for themselves. Unflinching being "Tier 1" for a low zoom PvP sniper is just ridiculous. Hidden Hand really feels like a soft, almost imperceptible bonus whereas Spray and Play makes a discernible difference. Performance Bonus = more ammo - this is amazingly good and a million times better than the imperceptible Unflinching.

Normally I'd say Hand Laid Stock is the best middle tree perk, but Snapshot is so good. Aiming more quickly is often what allows you to get the kill instead of a trade.

I have the "God roll" Her Benevolence and never use it. My 3v3 sniper is an LDR with Snapshot and Performance Bonus. A million times better than Hidden Hand and Unflinching in my opinion.

Having different 3v3 and 6v6 snipers isn't necessary but it can be fun to learn the feel of different weapons and roll them into specialized builds suited for each mode.

Yeah, I still have my Praedyth's and LGH. I'll just reroll the LGH more towards what you mention here so I can try both types of rolls out and see what i prefer.

Had family over for 4th of July. My 8 year old nephew tried to play black flag and I didn't have enough space.. So what did he do? He deleted my Warlock.

ScE1BIkh.jpg

My first/main char... I just don't know what to do anymore.

Thats a tough loss. Sorry to hear. Take it out on your sibling.

I was fortunate that didn't happen to me. I once found my 3yr old had snuck on and playing Destiny. He managed to complete a public event, pick up a Legendary Engram and finish a strike (well, the 2 others did anyway). Got lucky nothing was deleted so I password locked my account that day and made a kid sub account for them to mess around with.

Sub accounts are great. They have access to your library, but cant mess with your stuff.

GhaleonEB

I've thought about this, but not sure what the benefit will be since then I'll have 3 subclasses to max and maybe I can get some of the other 2 subclasses as close as possible. Plus I wouldn't be able to buy any vendor gear/weapons. I had all 3 factions, crucible and vanguard rep at 90+% prior to HoW to where I needed 1 bounty/commendation on each and it gave me an awesome head start. Not sure if I can do that again but at least 1 faction maybe. My dreams of Revenant are over.

You will have more to do, but different ways to do it.

I'm actually going to delete my Warlock and recreate her as an Exo when TTK comes out. :p

Epic comeback after being behind 0-3 in the last game before Mercury with the Mercy used. Got 7 people to Mercury and some even twice this weekend with TearsOfBlood. Not too bad, GG to everyone that joined us!

Also, great post Wheel! You definitely progressed so much more after we first met in IB. Keep up the good work!

Thats a tough loss. Sorry to hear. Take it out on your sibling.

I was fortunate that didn't happen to me. I once found my 3yr old had snuck on and playing Destiny. He managed to complete a public event, pick up a Legendary Engram and finish a strike (well, the 2 others did anyway). Got lucky nothing was deleted so I password locked my account that day and made a kid sub account for them to mess around with.

Sub accounts are great. They have access to your library, but cant mess with your stuff.

Yea I hardly have any kids over. This was the only 3rd time he's been over and the other 2 times I was with him and switched out games for him and whatnot. This time he decided to do it all himself.

You will have more to do, but different ways to do it.

I'm actually going to delete my Warlock and recreate her as an Exo when TTK comes out. :p

Oh I see what you mean. I can get to level 4 then grind to 20 in all the new Crucible modes and new subclass. The only problem would be underdeveloped for new TTK PvE, and any Crucible modes like trials where level advantages are enabled.

Never thought I'd say this about a computer game, but sorry for your loss, explicit. Like others have said I will happily help you power level a new warlock.

On a brighter note, I got the Babylon shader from FWC the other day. Looks absolutely baller on my warlock. Like unbelievably good. Shame it looks like utter crap on my hunters. Seriously - is there a single shader out there that doesn't look like a five year old's colouring in of a super hero on a hunter?! I guess Dead Orbit is the only way to go.

nOoblet16

I somewhat disagree Hidden Hand is a great perk and makes a substantial difference.

Out 1

Eye of Sol immediately became my favorite, reddit tiers be damned.

I think the most important perk is the scope.

anyone wants to run some trials?

Thanks to Recks and Gunnerz for another trip to Mercury with the VOID SCHOLAR! Finally got the Titan mark and boots with hand cannon and int/disc. Loved getting melee'd out of an unstoppable Titan stomp by a non-radiancing warlock. That made sense!

Hidden hand I don't notice shit. I either hit my headshots or I don't. The perk seems to do nothing for me.

Unflinching I definitely notice and it has helped me at times, but I'd still rather have something else.

I have HH in a pulse rifle that I feel does make a bit of difference but I don't notice anything on any other weapons/weapon classes.

Meffer

Decided to expand from just being a hunter to the other classes. Started warlock two nights ago and it was so weird. I'll be doing Titan next.

Prezhulio

Anyone up to run through lvl 32 PoE on ps4? Trying to get the armor core for this week, but destinylfg has let me down all week :/

Psn: prezhulio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom