• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, today I discovered that I have had a supremacy with shortgaze, final round and snap shot since the first queen event. I never used it, but it should be a pretty good PvP sniper.

no-scoped a titan and then stabbed him to shut down his shoulder charge :>

feels good man.

9i2x79D.gif

The more I think about it, the more it bugs me that I got instakilled by a warlock melee during fist of havoc with unstoppable. Mainly because on Friday I golden gunned a stomping Titan and it didn't kill him.

The more I think about it, the more it bugs me that I got instakilled by a warlock melee during fist of havoc with unstoppable. Mainly because on Friday I golden gunned a stomping Titan and it didn't kill him.
That's just how it is. If it's your Fist of Havoc it will always get shut down. If it's someone else's they will live through goddamn anything

SgtCobra

Ah a fellow Dutchie, I should watch my language sorry ;)
Never encountered it either, until today...
Haha don't worry, I also tend to use those words in in the trials...

I somewhat disagree Hidden Hand is a great perk and makes a substantial difference.
I've heard earlier that HH doesn't do a lot for sniper rifles, do you have anything that contradicts that statement? Genuinely curious here as I rolled a LGH with all the "tier 1" perks except for Hidden Hand, ugh.

sajj316

Quodron is not too bad. Have one designated eye killer. One to clear the adds. And the last to shoot at quodron. Equip a shotgun and be sure to be close to full health when quodron starts seeking targets. All stand together on the right side so the eye tracks you and comes to you.

Have to consistently take out the Quodron's Eye. Use Shotgun. Once the eye is taken out, it's easier to Jail Break. Keep together. Go to the left side of the map, easier for us.

The issue with Quodron is Quodron's eye is inconsistent. He does what he want to do. As long as Quodron's eye does aggro towards you guys, it's not bad.

The issue with Quodron is Quodron's eye is inconsistent. He does what he want to do. As long as Quodron's eye does aggro towards you guys, it's not bad.

It's normally pretty consistent where the eye will spawn at the top by him and then come down towards you if you're all grouped in one place, but you're right - it's still far too inconsistent. Sometimes the eye comes really quickly, other times it waits until there's barely any time left. Other times it just wanders around the far side of the map. Stupid.

Three horns and a Titan bubble.

A moment of silence for all the hornless.

Deku Tree

I've heard earlier that HH doesn't do a lot for sniper rifles, do you have anything that contradicts that statement? Genuinely curious here as I rolled a LGH with all the "tier 1" perks except for Hidden Hand, ugh.

According to planet destiny HH does not increase the size of the hit box for snipers. It might slow down the reticule when you are doing a sweeping across the screen shot more than if you didn't have it. But it also might not. The difference if there is one is so small that it's very hard to measure.

They do these types of tests in the video below.

http://planetdestiny.com/hidden-hand-analysis/

Have to consistently take out the Quodron's Eye. Use Shotgun. Once the eye is taken out, it's easier to Jail Break. Keep together. Go to the left side of the map, easier for us.

I like the right side of the map because it is further away from a Bungie demon door. But either side is fine.

I want a trials mode for people like me who suck at pvp, you can even make the armor pink or whatever.

They should make Elimination a permanent crucible mode for people who want to "practice" for Trials. I might hop into Elimination more just to see where the capture points spawn.

Gala

They should make Elimination a permanent crucible mode for people who want to "practice" for Trials. I might hop into Elimination more just to see where the capture points spawn.

Yes, maybe that too. To get a feeling for it without the intense pressure of trials. I'm sitting there being nervous and stressed and do horrible mistakes all the time. I'm not seing myself getting 5 wins for the armor at all. Even with help from people like Wheel or Gore or Gong.

recks

Don't try to understand space magic ;(

I want a trials mode for people like me who suck at pvp, you can even make the armor pink or whatever.

LOL Gala that is priceless. I can just picture you now . . .

Also, you totally don't suck at PVP. I've seen you dominate in regular Crucible and even Iron Banner. It's just that Trials is a super-hardcore game mode where only the best PVPers even attempt (usually and not including the newbs I played with SoM who all hid in the corner waiting for me to shotgun them to the face).

It also has a pace that just takes time to get used to, as I'm still acclimating and seem to always take a match or two to warm up. I hope you stay with it!

Yeah golden gun will leave him with a sliver of health. It sucks. Panic button for cheap kills

traveler

Not Wario
I've played a grand total of 1 game of trials and the team disbanded after losing it. I have a feeling I'd suck in trials too despite consistently doing well in Iron Banner. Playstyle is way too aggressive and objective focused- which is good in IB control; not as much practice trying to sit back, snipe, and not die. I've resigned myself to never finding a group to reach the lighthouse at this point.

noomi

I am coming home! I feel rested, relaxed and absolutely sun burnt lol.

Had a couple of nice days at the Jersey shore with some friends, and now I'm ready for some destiny. Hoping all the good trials teams are done playing, want to try for my 3 flawless this week. See you guys soon, <3 dgaf

Currently at the Gorgons chest, if anyone needs it.

Also, if you could give me a chance to switch characters so my 2 other guys can get it would be appreciated :)

My mic is off atm

PS4 EL_CUCO305
Are you still there?
I've played a grand total of 1 game of trials and the team disbanded after losing it. I have a feeling I'd suck in trials too despite consistently doing well in Iron Banner. Playstyle is way too aggressive and objective focused- which is good in IB control; not as much practice trying to sit back, snipe, and not die. I've resigned myself to never finding a group to reach the lighthouse at this point.
You absolutely can play aggressively in trials. Some of the best teams I've come against were extremely agressive.

nOoblet16

No stats but personal experience, I snipe a LOT and I have two snipers one with hidden hand and one without and I feel the difference. Feel it enough to pick a low impact sniper like LGH over a medium LDR level impact sniper like Longbow.

Mindlog

Thanks!

Uh, first roll got shortgaze/hidden hand/quickdraw and injection mold/unflinching... do I even need to reroll further?
I hate you.
:)

Not sure if it's ever taken less than 49,000 parts to land a 'decent' roll.

On that note. Incredibly easy Warlock IB 5 achieved. I am fairly certain I played through two bounties worth of games. That Alt bump is great.

Now I need to farm some Glimmer. /grabs stack of 200 House Banners. Nevermind :smug:

nOoblet16

Nghtly said he felt like both HH and Unflinching do basically nothing.

And Unstable says Unflinching does make enough of a difference according to him.
Zoba says Shortgaze is better and that unflinching works well with shortgaze but not ambush, Nghtly says Ambush is better....so go figure.

Unflinching DOES make a difference, it makes it easier for you to sniper when getting hit because the recoil pattern changes, it recoils in a very predictable manner and the recoil recovery is fast enough for you to be able to completely recover your aim and hit before your enemy fires the 2nd shot. You can try to see the difference by not actually paying attention to the enemy but paying attention to the recoil pattern when you get hit while using a gun with that perk and while not using it.

Hidden hand increases the aim assist, that is undeniable...and there is a stat for aim assist associated to each gun we know that for a fact too.

The types of headshots I have pulled off with a LGH (due to hidden hand) are insane, I am never able to hit that kind of headshots with my Longbow because of the worse overall aim assist (since it doesn't have hidden hand). It makes aim swiping a lot easier and frequent, aim swipe is when you swipe your aim across an enemy to hit them, it's usefull in situations where your aim is not on enemy but the enemy is close enough for your aim to be swiped over them...no fine adjustment needed. If you are a fast and aggressive sniper like me you will most definitely notice hidden hand, if you are the type of sniper who takes their time to snipe you probably won't notice as much because you will want to make sure you aim at the head before you fire all the time...me I just approximate my aim and shoot.

GhaleonEB

Quodron is not too bad. Have one designated eye killer. One to clear the adds. And the last to shoot at quodron. Equip a shotgun and be sure to be close to full health when quodron starts seeking targets. All stand together on the right side so the eye tracks you and comes to you.

The problem this week is, it's Quodron, with the Exposure modifier.

You can follow the right strategy but if your team is down to their last third of health, odds are good they're going to die unless you are right on top of them. It also means the Axis Hobgoblins land one shot kills.

Ghazi

The problem this week is, it's Quodron, with the Exposure modifier.

You can follow the right strategy but if your team is down to their last third of health, odds are good they're going to die unless you are right on top of them. It also means the Axis Hobgoblins land one shot kills.
Don't worry about the eye, have two of your fire team use Found Verdicts to get out of the bubbleS. Just a tip, makes it easier to focus on the boss.

Waldini

Daaaaaamn. This ToO game was pretty frickin' bad.

Lag, enemy supers in Round 2, lag, TLW one-shot, lag, supers not working, lag, 0-4 at the start of a new match (WTF), dying from nothing, mini-map acting up... Jesus. Not my ToO day today. Gave up after repeated losses. Went Flawless twice but this shit was just plain weird.

Anyone else experience some crazy shit this time around? Cant recall ToO being this bad.

How is the IB lag so bad it affects the rest of Crucible? Sort it out, Bungie. It's such a mess when IB comes around.

I'd imagine it puts more stress on the servers or something due to the large influx of people pvping. Majority of the players still don't play pvp that often, which is why the lag is generally not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom