• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat off-topic, but I'm in the same situation as nooblet described before. My internship supervisor has let me down by not holding to agreements, so I won't be graduating in time. To make it worse, someone offered me a PhD interview today (which I didn't even apply for) but I'll have to tell them that I won't get my diploma in time. All very depressing, therefore I'll take a break from Destiny and spend all my time trying to make this right.

I'll still post here from time to time, hope to see everyone in game again in the future.

Raybunny

Somewhat off-topic, but I'm in the same situation as nooblet described before. My internship supervisor has let me down by not holding to agreements, so I won't be graduating in time. To make it worse, someone offered me a PhD interview today (which I didn't even apply for) but I'll have to tell them that I won't get my diploma in time. All very depressing, therefore I'll take a break from Destiny and spend all my time trying to make this right.

I'll still post here from time to time, hope to see everyone in game again in the future.

I believe you will sort it out asap and am cheering for you.
We will be right here!

Oh no EJ! Is there nothing you can do to get your graduation done in time? Sorry to hear about this, really sucks when someone gets screwed over due to things out of their control :/

M3Rocket

That is really so scrubby of the supervisor. Sorry to hear man!

Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best of luck with everything and I hope you can make it right asap

Thanks! Just need one more.

Ji66a, Driz, Ruthless et all, you'll be happy to know that I have HM Crota checkpoint for tonight!

Bombastico hype! Nicely done sir. I've got hard Gorgons but that's it and usually we don't care about that. Pretty sure I lost my Oracles CP when we did a few VoG runs the other night.

Bunch of old pieces of fuck in here. And there's no way unstable is 21. I'm gonna say 28-30.

lol I promise I didn't hallucinate that conversation. Although who knows, memory might be going in my old age...

Oh man, that's sucks. hope you sort it out asap. we'll be waiting for you guardian.

me too.. high five

B_uCWUmWwAAM7hJ.jpg:large

I'll take any excuse to re-post this pic. Warlock melee'ing a Goblin right when it's melee'ing me.

Siaynoqq

Wish you the best of luck. I have no doubt that you will figure it out man.

Damn, so sorry to hear that EJ. Academia can be so full of shit, it's really infuriating if you get stuck depending on the wrong people. I'll sure you'll get it all sorted eventually, but best of luck and please hang around here in the meantime as much as your schedule allows!

Very sorry to hear that. I had some problems with my university at the end of college, but everything worked out in the end, and I even went back for graduate school. You are a bright guy, and I'm sure it is all happening for a reason, even if you can't be sure what the reason is right now.

I'll miss you, man. I've really enjoyed playing with you, learning from you, and seeing you appreciate my growth from a scrub to an average PVPer to someone good enough to join the Sons (but still not great)! Putting RL stuff first sounds like what's needed now. And whenever you need Destiny, we'll be here xD

My sister has something similar happened to her when she was about to graduate. It really goes suck when you have to postpone things you want because of others not coming through. She eventually ended up graduating and getting a great job so I am sure you will too.

nOoblet16

Bombastico hype! Nicely done sir. I've got hard Gorgons but that's it and usually we don't care about that. Pretty sure I lost my Oracles CP when we did a few VoG runs the other night.

lol I promise I didn't hallucinate that conversation. Although who knows, memory might be going in my old age...

I can't remember how old he is but he is certainly older than me and not university age....I'm sure.
And I'm 24.

Edit:eek:r am I? Is this real life?

nOoblet16

Yea man, this is important stuff.
As for me, I have once thought of putting the game aside until this gets fixed but honestly it's the only thing that keeps me happy and relaxed these days as without it I'll just go mad since I have no friends around and nor is my GF here....so I am pretty much living alone for now and have to do all this important stuff that is also very depressing and disheartening.

Unstable

Drizzay and Co. I had a choice to make. The choice between reset raids or sleep. It wasn't an easy decision, but I regret to inform you all that sleep has been victorious and I will not be joining you insomniacs gentlemen for the reset raids this week.

Also, with regards to my age, I'll say this. I am not 14. I know I know, you're shocked, but I felt it was the right time to say it. As the rumor has been spreading out of control as of late.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

At last, I'll leave you all, and OT 25, with this.

Stay salty Guardians.

I won't annoy everyone with a mega quote post, so via this way:

Thanks everyone for all the inspiring words and similar experiences. I knew I was not the only one. Weird that people I've never met in real life can be more understanding and comforting than some of the disgusting people in academia. I'll be on my way to that interview, the guy that I need to talk to is coincidentally the coordinator of my graduate program. I won't be graduating in time but hopefully we can figure some stuff out together.

Sorry for all the off-topic stuff, just needed some ranting. It won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom