• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Kyoufu

It's clearly the most OP ability in the game.

It's why pvp is FILLED. . . . and I mean FILLED.. .. with hunters.

Hunters and hand cannon users.

I can't disagree with PVP being filled with Hunters. I got the grimoire for killing Hunters in crucible first and it wasn't even close, and yeah, Arc Blade is pretty damn powerful in PVP, but calling it more powerful than other supers is up for debate. I will say though that it looks like Titan and Warlock are getting their own "roaming super" powers in The Taken King, which should make PVP even more bonkers. :s

MrDaravon

I like how the entire team I was with all ran to the Heavy Ammo spawn, choosing to ignore the enemy players obviously waiting for them to Super them and get a 5-kill spree. Then they did it again on the next Heavy Ammo spawn.

Fuck this, I'm just gonna watch SGDQ and barely pay attention to the game, statistically I'm likely to win a match before I max out on medallions. Between idiot randoms and the lag I have screamed at my tv more in the last 30 minutes then I have in the past year. Goddamn the PvP in this game is infuriating >_<

No. Blade dance is no more overpowered than the other offensive supers. You can only wipe out the entire opposing team if that team is bad and doesn't shoot.

I honestly don't think bladedancer as a super isn't that overpowered compared to supers like Nova Bomb, where you can basically wipe out an entire team from a safe distance.

That said, blink is broken as hell, especially when there's no equivalent for titans. Being able to teleport and close the gap from midrange -> right in your face is ridiculous, especially when you pair it with a tanky build like a ramlock.

I like how the entire team I was with all ran to the Heavy Ammo spawn, choosing to ignore the enemy players obviously waiting for them to Super them and get a 5-kill spree. Then they did it again on the next Heavy Ammo spawn.

Fuck this, I'm just gonna watch SGDQ and barely pay attention to the game, statistically I'm likely to win a match before I max out on medallions. Between idiot randoms and the lag I have screamed at my tv more in the last 30 minutes then I have in the past year. Goddamn the PvP in this game is infuriating >_<

Yep. I don't remember being this angry at a game in a long time. Not even BF3 USAS + Frag Rounds made me this angry. It's probably the main reason I haven't pre-ordered TK. If MGO is any good, I'll probably play that to tide me over til battlefront comes out :/. So dumb. I don't remember Halo MP being this infuriating. What happened?

GhaleonEB

I honestly don't think bladedancer as a super isn't that overpowered compared to supers like Nova Bomb, where you can basically wipe out an entire team from a safe distance.

That said, blink is broken as hell, especially when there's no equivalent for titans. Being able to teleport and close the gap from midrange -> right in your face is ridiculous, especially when you pair it with a tanky build like a ramlock.

I'm already anticipating frustration at the new Hunter subclass' evade roll. Flashbacks to Reach's Elite roll -> shotgun maneuver. I wonder if they'll balance it better this time around.

MrDaravon

Yep. I don't remember being this angry at a game in a long time. Not even BF3 USAS + Frag Rounds made me this angry. It's probably the main reason I haven't pre-ordered TK. If MGO is any good, I'll probably use that to tide me over til battlefront comes out :/. So dumb. I don't remember Halo MP being this infuriating. What happened?

Yeah, I legitimately hate the PvP in this game. Even when I'm on 3.0 K/D games I feel zero satisfaction. It has so many issues, and the netcode doesn't help. I would give literally almost anything to have PvP spun out into something completely separate that has no ties to PvE, which is all that I care about but I need Etheric Lights for PvE, and Crucible Marks in general for gear etc etc. I hate myself for playing the PvP ever, but also can't help myself since I want stuff out of it for PvE :/

Yeah, I legitimately hate the PvP in this game. Even when I'm on 3.0 K/D games I feel zero satisfaction. It has so many issues, and the netcode doesn't help. I would give literally almost anything to have PvP spun out into something completely separate that has no ties to PvE, which is all that I care about but I need Etheric Lights for PvE, and Crucible Marks in general for gear etc etc. I hate myself for playing the PvP ever, but also can't help myself since I want stuff out of it for PvE :/
Pvp without hand cannons and without hunter. . . Could be reasonably good!

Or without supers, hand cannons and heavy ammo rocket launcher fests in general.

Imagine it. . . Just aiming and shooting! That could be good. As it stands it's just hunters abusing handcanons then rocket launchers. Blurgh. Vomit.

gatti-man

I'm not crazy about destiny pvp but it is fun to me. The only time I feel like the pvp is really competitive and interesting is in trials of Osiris. Iron banner is just a murder race.

neoism

wow wouldn't even play this game if I hated PVP... PVE is sooo fucking weeak worst bungie has ever done.... I agree the lag is soo fucking bad.. the halo games had less lag...lol PVP is bear-bones as fuck though it needs like 10 play-lists at all times..not list ever week stuff.

I like the PvP, and it's become my main focus since HoW but I also find it extremely frustrating at times. Hopefully the balance changes in 2.0 make it more enjoyable and hopefully they work on the networking.

MrDaravon

Pvp without hand cannons and without hunter. . . Could be reasonably good!

Or without supers, hand cannons and heavy ammo rocket launcher fests in general.

Imagine it. . . Just aiming and shooting! That could be good. As it stands it's just hunters abusing handcanons then rocket launchers. Blurgh. Vomit.

Nah, there's that but there's a ton of other issues. For example, right now I am getting killed by Shotguns with rolls that are literally impossible to obtain now, but people with legacy pieces have that advantage. And even outside of IB advantages being on people who have certain items that are largely obtainable only through RNG have a fundamental advantage over people who don't, etc. I have to imagine the ship has sailed on a completely vanilla playlist with no Supers and stock weapons/loadouts, and even if that existed it would probably be boring as hell. Trying to balance things around both PvE AND PvP is quite frankly, stupid as hell. One of the reasons I originally stopped playing was because they nerfed AR's because of PvP, which I don't care about but I'm penalized in PvE for it. It's fucking dumb.

Nah, there's that but there's a ton of other issues. For example, right now I am getting killed by Shotguns with rolls that are literally impossible to obtain now, but people with legacy pieces have that advantage. And even outside of IB advantages being on people who have certain items that are largely obtainable only through RNG have a fundamental advantage over people who don't, etc. I have to imagine the ship has sailed on a completely vanilla playlist with no Supers and stock weapons/loadouts, and even if that existed it would probably be boring as hell. Trying to balance things around both PvE AND PvP is quite frankly, stupid as hell. One of the reasons I originally stopped playing was because they nerfed AR's because of PvP, which I don't care about but I'm penalized in PvE for it. It's fucking dumb.

I mainly use auto rifles in pvp and when I switch to my shotgun for corridors I will literally shoot someone and take their shield down. . . Yet they'll shotgun me and I'll die. It's infuriating then watching their shield recharge.

How bungie can get away with not normalising all the guns is an outrage. In pvp all gins should be balanced regardless of legendary or rare or exotic status. They say they've done that but they quite clearly haven't.

Got IB rank 5! :) come to me Etheric Lights.

Timurs Lash any good?

It fires very slowly but hits pretty hard. If you have an Ill Will, it feels pretty similar to that. I wouldn't recommend it though, as it fires far too slowly to be competitive in PvP, and there are better hand cannons (Fatebringer, any of the current vendor HCs) for PvE.

Mindlog

Actually this is the most OP ability in the game.
cxmdkfh.jpg
Way to be Bungie.

nowai

Honestly man, against players that know what they are doing, Arc Blade is the least useful super.

Against a team of blueberries? Sure Arc Blade can dominate, but teams who know how to team shot, or people with the ability to snipe or shotgun can drop a BD with little effort.

Dave_6

Well my first PoE 35 lasted 4 hours 17 mins and I didn't get it done. Well over half that time was on Skolas himself. Had just a sliver of health left on our very first attempt but alas it didn't happen. I have plans tonight and had to stop; so fucking frustrating that there aren't any goddamn checkpoints so now I'll have to start all over from the beginning. :/

FUCK.

MrDaravon

Just had my worst game of all time in the Crucible, went 0.31 because most of the other team was invincible due to lag or whatever (point blank shotgun blasts did literally nothing etc), and almost everyone on the other team was teabagging. Lovely.

Bladedancer is OP for sure, but I think a big part of that to be honest is the shit netcode. I couldn't tell you the number of times you will have 3-4 people shotgunning a Bladedancer point blank and have absolutely nothing register. I've certainly taken advantage of that myself, but I really think that's a big part of the problem with it.

Flawless raid get.

Congrats!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good run guys.

Uploading it to YT now.

Almost fell during the jumping part but my jump save kicked in.

I'm up for some trials or IB. Could help with other raids too.

Top Bottom