• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

geordiemp

Every exotic bounty should be like the thorn bounty where you earn it.

That way everyone will have something to play for and progress.

WipedOut

I would say the people who bought theirs today earned theirs far more than I did mine. I hopped into a cp I had nothing to do with getting, wipedout performed his gjally ceremony and I opened a chest. At least these people ran weeklys for their coins.

Destiny_2.png

I forgot to save video, I was shocked the moment it happened.

Gjallarhorn_icon1.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm going to be perfectly honest with you all. I've encountered a lot of baffling and largely inexplicable stuff in my gaming days, but I think the rash of people who are now reinstalling Destiny to purchase Gjallarhorn may well be what takes the cake for me.

I mean, you've deleted an entire game from your hard drive, one presumes because you were unhappy with it and no longer had the desire to play it. Then you reinstall it in order to acquire a weapon... for use only in that game. The one you deleted. What do you want it for? It doesn't make it into a different game...

For some obviously they were on hiatus and planning to reinstall for The Taken King and thus did so just a little early, that much I can understand. But I have now encountered more than one person who do not own either expansion and may have no intention of ever buying TTK. I don't get it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
not everyone has he magazine. and they need them website hits. also I used to really like Gameinformer. stopped really watching when Rykert left but I used to enjoy replays with Dan, Tim and Ben Hanson.

Granted I was only a reader becuase I got the free magazine in the mail with gamestop power up rewards
I know. Don't take me too seriously

Lee

For some obviously they were on hiatus and planning to reinstall for The Taken King and thus did so just a little early, that much I can understand. But I have now encountered more than one person who do not own either expansion and may have no intention of ever buying TTK. I don't get it.

Destiny is weird man.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that's where I got my first one

In a raid with Hawkian

only 5 or 6 since
I got my first one from Xur. It was my first Exotic, the second week of the game, and upon purchasing it (complete with prophetic posts about its awesomeness in one of them there OTs) I had a total of 1 Strange Coins remaining in my inventory.

Ain't no one telling me I didn't earn that shit.

Falchion

weekly strike is 32 at highest level, which means you need to be 29 to play it. YOU CAN DO IT! you have until tomorrow night.

if he has motes he can buy an exotic armor thingy that boosts him quite a bit since it's 42 light

Go for it! Run strikes for the engrams. Decrypt them one at a time, and every time you get a new better blue, put it on before doing the next engram. If you're level 23, engrams will decode with light to get you to 24, etc. Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

Wow, thanks for all the tips and encouragement! I think we're going to go for it!

NeOak

Yeah its good isnt it!!!

YES.

So tempted, I've heard nothing but praise for that thing in terms of lag.

I'm not a particularly great player, I just barely manage to hold my own and go 1.0+ on average. I'm not the least bit upset when I get outplayed, but when I do poorly because some guys are teleporting around I rage so hard :p

What's even worse is sometimes the lag isn't that blatant but you still have hit detection issues. Like you'll be trading shots, die, then see the guy only took damage from one bullet when you absolutely landed 3. Super noticeable with TLW where some of your shots won't register of the connection isn't where it should be.

For the technologically ignorant like myself, what's the difference between this and the Netduma? Kinda sorta seems like they're intended for the same things?

I posted an impressions thread about playing Destiny with it, so you can see a how it works a bit:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1096509

Namikaze1

I remember my first...

Me: Yo Rahool, what's up, man?

Rahool: Oh you...what do you want this time?

Me: Not much, just here to hand in this beauty.

*hands over legendary heavy engram*

Rahool: Oh great, another legendary engram from you. I wonder what it is this time? *deadpans*

*engrams turns to Gjallarhorn*

Rahool: Motherfuc-

Me: An exotic heavy? Eh... I'll just stick with Hawkmoon.

*tosses Gjallarhorn into the vault*

Rahool: Fucking idiot

Me: You said something, Rahool?

Rahool: I said have a nice day (idiot)

Me: You too mate!

*24 hours later*

Xur: This is Xur and I come bearing gifts! Behold, the Gjallarhorn!

Everyone: why should we waste an exotic slot on a heavy weapon?

Xur: b-but Gjallarhorn

Everyone: I'll take two Sunbreakers please

Xur: you all will regret this

Rahool: oh trust me, they will

I got my first one from Xur. It was my first Exotic, the second week of the game, and upon purchasing it (complete with prophetic posts about its awesomeness in one of them there OTs) I had a total of 1 Strange Coins remaining in my inventory.

I remember that day. Bought Sunbreakers. Mistakes were made. Had to wait till February when I got it from the Gorgon's Chest.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
it actually wasn't confusing and the new system is pretty much the same thing
Oh my god. You just inadvertently got me to understand this new light system. Lmao

Basically before you were
Level 20
Light # (let's say 42 on all gear)
=34 level

Now it's
Level 20
light level (now gear plus weapons)
=level 20 + light level 14 (totally making these numbers up)
=~34 (depends on how bungie tunes their leveling system ) but this is correct right? Right???

Axoman

You didn't earn it. :)

I'm up for anything PvE, even if somebody wants to run a nightfall again or the daily. I've done it already, but I'm just for the fun today. PSN - Figaliz

I will be playing Persona 4 on Vita, so I can see messages from there too.

LTWood12

Oh my god. You just inadvertently got me to understand this new light system. Lmao

Level 20
=34 level

Now it's
Level 20
=level 20 + light level 14 (totally making these numbers up)
=~34 (depends on how bungie tunes their leveling system ) but this is correct right? Right???

They're two separate things now, but functionally it'll be a lot like the current system. Currently Gear is what really matters. Same goes for Taken King. Now they've just separated your 'level' from the amount of light. But the amount of light you have is still going to be the determining factor of how well you're able to handle certain content (just like now).

All the highest level gear currently requires you to be 'Level 20.' Now that number will go all the way up to 40.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
They're two separate things now, but functionally it'll be a lot like the current system. Currently Gear is what really matters. Same goes for Taken King. Now they've just separated your 'level' from the amount of light. But the amount of light you have is still going to be the determining factor of how well you're able to handle certain content (just like now).

All the highest level gear currently requires you to be 'Level 20.' Now that number will go all the way up to 40.
Yeah I completely understand it now. This isn't new at all. They're just separating light level and base level. If anything that's annoying.

Level 20
=34 level

Now it's
Level 40
=level 40 + light level 14 (totally making these numbers up)
=level40 and your light level will be a separate stat like pictured here
ofTQGit.png

FTFY

it actually wasn't confusing and the new system is pretty much the same thing

It's not confusing now, but there were a lot of issues back in the day.

I remember there were posts all over Reddit warning people not to delete their Raid armor because it actually had a higher max light on it.

Remember, armor didn't use to show you it's max stats when you had it.

VoG armor would show like 20 light per piece just like every other legendary at that point.

Same with stats. You'd have a helmet that gave 80INT when you bough it, but for some reason you had 104INT when it was fully leveled up. No where in the game did it indicate that this number would grow.

GutZ31

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you all. I've encountered a lot of baffling and largely inexplicable stuff in my gaming days, but I think the rash of people who are now reinstalling Destiny to purchase Gjallarhorn may well be what takes the cake for me.

I mean, you've deleted an entire game from your hard drive, one presumes because you were unhappy with it and no longer had the desire to play it. Then you reinstall it in order to acquire a weapon... for use only in that game. The one you deleted. What do you want it for? It doesn't make it into a different game...

No words, only Gjallarhorn now.

Langy

need one more for 32 poe, only 1 requirement needed: you join my "clan" so i can get the raid party trophy and claim my platinum lol!

psn is Langoit

Top Bottom