• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Okay so they did a Block Party on our first run against Templar to get more shards/energies for motes. I fucked up and went to the Gorgon's Labyrinth which de spawned the chest. Lol, so we did another successful block party on Templar and I needed the shards/energies for motes for my Xbone and he booted.

Sad day, salty day. :-(

Ahahaha! I do that all the time, nobody boots me :p

Git gud vaal ;)

As someone who hasn't played since October last year any recommendations on what there is to catch up on? I'll likely grab TTK at retail so I won't have access to the expansions until then.

Someone was saying you can get some free exotic upgrade materials? I already have a linked Bungie account so I can't get the coins :(

I ran into 2 random high level patrols which was cool! I also noticed legendary armour now has a II icon on it in stores, which i assume means it was upgraded when the seconded expansion came out. Boosted me to level 31 nice and easy!

Hard to believe I've been gone from Destiny for so long. Running around on patrol it only it feels like only yesterday!

Welcome back rep! Much has changed yet a lot still remained the same, but we're expecting big things with TTK. Best time to come back.

Goddamnit. I can't believe PoE offers are happening right now :( I'm so much covered in sweat from cardio I could flood the living room. I hope somebody still wants to do this after lunch.

As someone who hasn't played since October last year any recommendations on what there is to catch up on? I'll likely grab TTK at retail so I won't have access to the expansions until then.

Someone was saying you can get some free exotic upgrade materials? I already have a linked Bungie account so I can't get the coins :(

I ran into 2 random high level patrols which was cool! I also noticed legendary armour now has a II icon on it in stores, which i assume means it was upgraded when the seconded expansion came out. Boosted me to level 31 nice and easy!

Hard to believe I've been gone from Destiny for so long. Running around on patrol it only it feels like only yesterday!

Meant to respond to this earlier but honestly so much has changed since October it's almost impossible to summarize it. Honestly it's probably easiest to wait for TTK and then jump back in since they are changing up so much stuff.

As for the free exotic upgrade material... I'm not sure what that is... Maybe someone else knows better.

Oh while I'm here, anyone Xbone want to join me and Ji66a for some trials?

Lol wat. I didn't realize "working on your backlog" = X1 Destiny

Why cant i pre order taken king dlc from the store? Unavailable..

"Guardians that own TDB and HOW Have special access to purchase a digital download"

Do we.. how?

Still need help?

Are you on PS4? I can help carry you through the 32 Weekly, it's not too tough.

Nope got him through, thanks though!

Story time! So it's a friend of a friend and he's got just the character at level 23, he needs 7 coins for gally, so we tried to run him a vault and get him armor, he gets no armor, but got a hawkmoon, at level 23, with green boots, RNG WAT

Cronen

This Xur stuff has gotten me to jump back in to Destiny and give it a whirl. I am on Vanilla Destiny, without any DLC. I am now Light lvl 25. Am I right in thinking that The Vault of Glass doesn't have matchmaking? It's essentially the only thing I have yet to do in OG Destiny.

Nuszka

Morning gaf. Just woke up to a very poor broadband speed from my isp, in work all day so I'm not that bothered but I hope the problem resolves itself later in the evening. Enjoy your ghorn weekend everyone.

This Xur stuff has gotten me to jump back in to Destiny and give it a whirl. I am on Vanilla Destiny, without any DLC. I am now Light lvl 25. Am I right in thinking that The Vault of Glass doesn't have matchmaking? It's essentially the only thing I have yet to do in OG Destiny.

There is no match making for either raid, not on Normal or Hard difficulty.

You can look for a group here or use www.destinylfg.net. Here we have a much smaller player pool so it can occasionally be hard to find people depending on the timing. But we are all awesome. That website has a lot more people but is also much more of a crapshoot for the quality of players and quality of people you might find. YMMV.

Lots of people around here Sherpa newbie raids, including Hawkian who does a newbie raid on Thursday evenings (EST evening).

Trying to read this:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Vault_of_Glass

I don't remember almost anything from the Vault of Glass except for the Atheon strategy (part of it), but the Templar fight is even more forgotten. Sure, I remember about destroying the oracles, but... "Run to the center if you are in the mark of negation state". This is about running to the guardian carrying the relic cleaning people or was there something at the centre to get cleansed?

And "Defend the confluxes". I don't even remember about this one. I've been too scared to be clueless and drag the team again, causing a four hours VoG again, hence why I've declined to do raids and just stick with short poE's or Dragon Strikes.

Tecnniqe

Banned
y4NROV.gif

Fuck PvP in destiny
"Misadventures" my ass

GutZ31

Trying to read this:

I don't remember almost anything from the Vault of Glass except for the Atheon strategy (part of it), but the Templar fight is even more forgotten. Sure, I remember about destroying the oracles, but... "Run to the center if you are in the mark of negation state". This is about running to the guardian carrying the relic cleaning people or was there something at the centre to get cleansed?

And "Defend the confluxes". I don't even remember about this one. I've been too scared to be clueless and drag the team again, causing a four hours VoG again, hence why I've declined to do raids and just stick with short poE's or Dragon Strikes.

You are thinking that everyone is at, or lower level than the current raids.

Everyone can pick up the slack if one person is down, not like the old days.
Also, its a lot more fun to goof off in the raids then worrying about someones first time, or return.

Just be up front, and if they still want you, then its there own fault if they get "pissed" for it taking some time.

4 hours is impossible now, unless you have more than 3 with almost no experience/weapons/armor/levels.
y4NROV.gif

Fuck PvP in destiny
"Misadventures" my ass
So, I have had a few trials like that in the early days.
Made me not want to play trials ever again.
Thankfully for my self, Drizzay and Pheathon gave me a piggy back ride.

Trying to read this:

Seriously dont be scared to run it i mean how do you think we all learned VoG.Just let it be known its your first time and have them just say what needs to be done after about two runs youll be bossing people on what to do.

Do you or anyone need PoE 34,32 or nightfall just gotta be competent should be a piece of cake?

Oynox

Christ. I still did not received my 8 strange coins for being subscribed to the newsletters... and that even though I am subscribed since months.

Raybunny

Seriously dont be scared to run it i mean how do you think we all learned VoG.Just let it be known its your first time and have them just say what needs to be done after about two runs youll be bossing people on what to do.

Do you or anyone need PoE 34,32 or nightfall just gotta be competent should be a piece of cake?

I am finishing a PoE, if you need help on anything let me know. I might do some tiger strikes.

got powercut before opening treasure chest.. thats some bad luck :'(

Dayum :/ lets see if we can invite you again. We are waiting on you. :/

Top Bottom