• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

LTWood12

Is it the vendor roll Not Like the Others that people love? Crowd control, explosive rounds/feather mag, reactive reload? I'm to the point of wondering what PRIMARIES to infuse to >310. Current have
320 Malice
320 Smite (firefly)
320 Nirwen's (vendor)
320 Hung Jury (vendor)

Weapons to consider
318 Red Death (could infuse to 320)
312 Doctrine (Hidden Hand) could infuse to 320

310 exotics I could take to 318
Bad Juju
Hard Light
NLB (lol)
Suros
Zhalo
Mida (317 actually)

Current <310 primaries I like
308 Imago Loop; underdog, hand-loaded, firefly
308 Suros PDX 45; Perfect Balance; Hidden Hand, Rifled barrel
302 Haaken's Hatchet-battle runner, perfect balance, third eye
280 Haaken's Hatchet (vendor) crowd control, hand loaded, counter balance
280 Arminus-D: Crowd control, rangefinder, fitted stock/smallbore
280 Not Like the Others

Anything stick out here?

Thanks!

hopefully Bungie sees this and leave Thorn in year 1 where it belongs. Imagine squads like Lumi in Trials or Iron Banner? Fuck that.
Boy, I sure do love cool and interesting exotics getting the boot only because of PvP -_-

Or more accurately, because of Bungie's refusal to separate the PvE game from the PvP game.

Something's fun in PvE but slightly OP in PvP? Game-wide nerfs for all! No fun allowed!

Can't wait for them to neuter Stormcallers just like they did to Sunbreakers, entirely because of their lethality in PvP.

Boy, I sure do love cool and interesting exotics getting the boot only because of PvP -_-

Or more accurately, because of Bungie's refusal to separate the PvE game from the PvP game.

Something's fun in PvE but slightly OP in PvP? Game-wide nerfs for all! No fun allowed!

Can't wait for them to neuter Stormcallers just like they did to Sunbreakers, entirely because of their lethality in PvP.
That's why I mentioned in another post to do just that. But I don't see them doing that in Destiny one so that's why I say leave it in year 1. Today's tournament showcased why Thorn was and continues to be ridiculous in PvP.

Magik

I just hate the fact that Thorn completely changes the pace of PvP which is why I want it to be removed or modified from its current state.

OK DGAF; I took baby (heh; my first character...) from level 39 (LL 200) to level 40 with a LL of 307 today. If anybody needs one more for a fresh HM KF feel free to send me an invite :)

I just hate the fact that Thorn completely changes the pace of PvP which is why I want it to be removed or modified from its current state.

I disagree. I think the exsistance of thorn taught alot of poeple how to find cover and become harder to hit in general. It made better players

SnakeEyes

Banned

I've discussed this with others before, but Stormcallers do not need to be nerfed.

- They don't have the Armour/Shield regen buffs that the Titans do, so they can be killed quickly.
- Stormtrance as a Super requires you to be quite up-close and personal to work, unlike many of the other Supers, and needs to be within that range for approx. 2 seconds to actually kill someone.

I guess what pisses people off most of all is when there's more than one Stormcaller on a squad, and then orb-feed each others Supers? But nothing that a Titan Supressor genade or a Nightstalker Tether can't stop.

I disagree. I think the existence of thorn taught a lot of people how to find cover and become harder to hit in general. It made better players
That's going to be an unpopular opinion, but I agree.

Frenden

Banned
I'm not sure I completed a director activity during the exclusive emblem earning period. I would've been broken up about that last year.

I have time yet, but I don't think I care.

That was an insane tournament. I missed xbox crew. Was that their accounts? Names didn't math their xbox one.

Shadestep is insane.
Poshy (Xbox) was basically kicking ass and taking names up until the semi finals. The final boss for them was too much to overcome. But yeah, they played on accounts with different names.

Trakan

I'm not sure I completed a director activity during the exclusive emblem earning period. I would've been broken up about that last year.

I have time yet, but I don't think I care.

I have to play this game to get the emblem? I thought I could just log in.

Trakan

Thanks for telling me. I've wanted this emblem since I first saw it during the beta days and I would have been pissed if I had missed it.

tick221

Ok; so from Totems to Daughters (hopefully someone has a totems CP...) and maybe Oryx CM if I happen to level enough.

1. zombiemortar
2. Robdraggoo
3. bagandscalpel

Starting as soon as we're full

I have totems up with fireteam open if you want to jump in and grab it before I sign off for the night

PSN Tick221

v1perz53

Hah, man what a backfire. Trying to get my brother more into Destiny end game type stuff (he leveled to 40 with me but mostly intended to play it as a co-op beat the story and be done game) so I decided to show him how to use 3oC to get some fun exotics to either use or have for infusion by just doing the activities we were gonna do anyway (he was like 240 light). Needless to say, after us each using eight 3oC, I got three exotics and he had only gotten one, a helm, which decrypted into the exact helm he had just bought from Xur the week before. Needless to say he was a little annoyed, especially since he only had enough strange coins to buy 10 3oC, and we all know he isn't gonna get anything from the two he has left.

Many thanks to Neo for lending us his Netduma for scientific purposes. We concluded very definitively that Year 2 Trials MM does not give a damn whatsoever about connection quality or geographic proximity once you get later in the card. Shocking news for anyone that's played Y2 Trials, I'm sure.

Neo would set geographic MM limits within the U.S. (or thereabouts) and all our first 4-5 games had green bar opponents. Then at ~7 wins we matched... people from Australia. And Canada. In the same fireteam. With red bar lag monsters as terrible as ever. Then our final boss was a guy with a 3.5 K/D... in Peru. With 900 ms ping to Neo's router. The only thing MM cares about is matching your card... except the pool of available fireteams on your same win # at the same time is exceedingly small so connections are thrown out the window.

Many thanks to Igordennis for actually playing well so that we could miraculously reach Mercury for Neo's first Y2 trip. I played like complete garbage for 90% of the ticket since I was too depressed about how they've ruined the only game mode I enjoy. We got stomped in our very first game which meant we had to win 8 straight to go flawless. I had no expectations for that happening yet somehow Igor got it done. GG gentlemen, as always.

GG neo and drizz. Lost the first match and won the next 8. I guess that works out for mercury too.

I'm psyched we got Neo his first Y2 flawless even if it seemed hopeless about 100 different times along the way. Thanks for actually playing well enough to get it done, unlike me. That was easily one of the top 5 silliest Mercury trips ever, which is saying something at this point.

I almost got real confused over weird international formatting lol.

You'll be glad to know that Netduma's network manipulation is no match whatsoever for the astonishingly terrible Trials MM. Our run was just as laggy as any other, at least for the games that actually mattered after ~6 wins (as is typical).

LTWood12

Many thanks to Neo for lending us his Netduma for scientific purposes. We concluded very definitively that Year 2 Trials MM does not give a damn whatsoever about connection quality or geographic proximity once you get later in the card. Shocking news for anyone that's played Y2 Trials, I'm sure.

Neo would set geographic MM limits within the U.S. (or thereabouts) and all our first 4-5 games had green bar opponents. Then at ~7 wins we matched... people from Australia. And Canada. In the same fireteam. With red bar lag monsters as terrible as ever. Then our final boss was a guy with a 3.5 K/D... in Peru. With 900 ms ping to Neo's router. The only thing MM cares about is matching your card... except the pool of available fireteams on your same win # at the same time is exceedingly small so connections are thrown out the window.

Many thanks to Igordennis for actually playing well so that we could miraculously reach Mercury for Neo's first Y2 trip. I played like complete garbage for 90% of the ticket since I was too depressed about how they've ruined the only game mode I enjoy. We got stomped in our very first game which meant we had to win 8 straight to go flawless. I had no expectations for that happening yet somehow Igor got it done. GG gentlemen, as always.

Who's the Bungie trials guy? I'd like to tweet this to him. This is fucking pitiful.

I'm psyched we got Neo his first Y2 flawless even if it seemed hopeless about 100 different times along the way. Thanks for actually playing well enough to get it done, unlike me. That was easily one of the top 5 silliest Mercury trips ever, which is saying something at this point.

Haha i did my best. Playing with such nice fellows such as you and neo always gives me a boost in morale. Like i always say, its a pleasure playing with you drizz &#128522;

Top Bottom