• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Namikaze1

Todd, here's the gif you wanted to see. Forgot to post it yesterday after our Trials run.

AuGwebz.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
After not getting the trials ghost, I get two of them this week. Lovely. Screw the current BS in trials. Revives not working right, really weird hitboxes, etc.

caesar

Banned
Hey guys, been playing through with my friends and we are lvl 32 now. What is the chance of a legendary dropping in the wild? None of us have gotten one except for story and rank rewards. The blue engrams never turn purple either. Is it ever possible for an exotic to drop randomly? Thanks.

Thanks for the games PewPew and Kadey, competition was fierce today.

It's Sunday aka carry your subs to Mercury today lol

I just read up on Drizz's trials experiment. That's a damn shame. The Lag of Osiris is real.

I installed Witcher 3 on my PC finally. It might be time to check that out.

WeTeHa

Hey guys, been playing through with my friends and we are lvl 32 now. What is the chance of a legendary dropping in the wild? None of us have gotten one except for story and rank rewards. The blue engrams never turn purple either. Is it ever possible for an exotic to drop randomly? Thanks.

Once you start doing nightfalls/heroic weekly strikes you will see quite a few legendary engrams drop. Especially if you run several in a row. You will also get some legendary engrams from the lvl36 strike playlist.

I don't think I've ever seen an exotic engram drop randomly, so I'm gonna say you can only get them from using the three of coins buff. I could be wrong though. There are obviously other ways to get exotics, but I only got exotic engrams from ultra kills/match completions with 3oC.

Lima

Honestly this was the first week ever where we only bought the mercy. Makes more sense anyway since you have to do 10 matches for the gold bounty anyway. Good stuff. This map can die in a fire though.

NeOak

Bungie literally said they were doing this.

Of course, if there's massive amounts of matchmaking manipulation with firewalls and appliances like Netduma, I wouldn't be surprised if people are actually making it worse for themselves by cordoning themselves all off to their own network islands.
I do not think that is happening.

MM works based on the location of the fireteam leader. However, if the fireteam leader of the other group is in the search area, the Netduma will allow him. But then Destiny will force on you his fireteam, no matter where they are.

That is how we ended up getting people from Australia and Canada at 6-0: Fireteam leader was in WI. 7-0 we got lucky and got a US fireteam. At 8-0 we got Two US and the Peru guy that seemed to be cheating on purpose due to having a decent ping before we started and then it went to the shitter with 900ms according to the Netduma.

When this happens, you need to increase the search radius to allow for those who are outside of the initial area. Failure to do so ends up with a disconnection for the Netduma user from the game.

NeOak

After not getting the trials ghost, I get two of them this week. Lovely. Screw the current BS in trials. Revives not working right, really weird hitboxes, etc.
Not many people playing early on Sunday. Lag is worse unfortunately.

Deku Tree

Many thanks to Neo for lending us his Netduma for scientific purposes. We concluded very definitively that Year 2 Trials MM does not give a damn whatsoever about connection quality or geographic proximity once you get later in the card. Shocking news for anyone that's played Y2 Trials, I'm sure.

Neo would set geographic MM limits within the U.S. (or thereabouts) and all our first 4-5 games had green bar opponents. Then at ~7 wins we matched... people from Australia. And Canada. In the same fireteam. With red bar lag monsters as terrible as ever. Then our final boss was a guy with a 3.5 K/D... in Peru. With 900 ms ping to Neo's router. The only thing MM cares about is matching your card... except the pool of available fireteams on your same win # at the same time is exceedingly small so connections are thrown out the window.

Many thanks to Igordennis for actually playing well so that we could miraculously reach Mercury for Neo's first Y2 trip. I played like complete garbage for 90% of the ticket since I was too depressed about how they've ruined the only game mode I enjoy. We got stomped in our very first game which meant we had to win 8 straight to go flawless. I had no expectations for that happening yet somehow Igor got it done. GG gentlemen, as always.

So the Netduma failed too? Why didn't it filter out those far away players?

todd360

Todd, here's the gif you wanted to see. Forgot to post it yesterday after our Trials run.

How the fuck did you survive that? The nova bomb must have barely made it out of the small opening and far enough away to not vaporize you.

I'm sorry I must have read that wrong was about to fire up my ps4

You are so tsundere about trials. We will play with you if you ask. B-Baka! Its not like we want to play trials with you or anything!

Namikaze1

How the fuck did you survive that? The nova bomb must have barely made it out of the small opening and far enough away to not vaporize you.

You are so tsundere about trials. We will play with you if you ask. B-Baka! Its not like we want to play trials with you or anything!
I honestly don't know. Sheer dumb luck.

Also, get hype for next week's OP episode!

todd360

My sister doesn't read the manga, but knows what
gear fourth
looks like. She was so hyped.
I can't wait.

I also got the aqua blue vita 2000 yesterday. Its so good looking and I don't have to worry about fingerprints everywhere. Playing Trails in the sky on it.

Namikaze1

My sister doesn't read the manga, but knows what
gear fourth
looks like. She was so hyped.
I can't wait.
The moment Luffy began his speech, I was like "Oh shit! This episode is gonna end with Luffy saying
fourth gear
isn't it." I refused to watch the preview for next week even though I already know what happens.

Really dumb question not sure where else to ask. As a former Destiny player, I'm thinking of coming back and picking up The Taken King because of my friends just picked it up. So, the best deal I see is for the Legendary edition. My question is will my old save work with this disk or am stuck buying the DLC off of PSN?

Really dumb question not sure where else to ask. As a former Destiny player, I'm thinking of coming back and picking up The Taken King because of my friends just picked it up. So, the best deal I see is for the Legendary edition. My question is will my old save work with this disk or am stuck buying the DLC off of PSN?
The disc is just vanilla destiny with codes to download the dlc, so either way shouldn't be a problem.

Tri4

One piece anime is such a tease, man. I swear the pacing is DBZ level now. Can't wait for this arc to end then I'll start reading the manga and watching the anime as they come out.

NeOak

Will 320 guardian-Senpai carry me?
What if the guardian-Senpai is tsun too?

Everything carries over. If you got Expansions I and II, you can buy TTK separately on the PSN/XBL store as an add-on

Top Bottom