• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
We couldn't do the Nightfall. Too hard to handle all the Vex and the absurd splash damage of the boss. Is there really another cheese method?

Doing these Nightfalls legit seems like a fools errand

There's a small cave right behind where you first drop down, you'll barely be hit and can avoid the mobs.

Andrew.

Banned
Destiny is basically my GOTY so far. What makes it extra special for me in particular is the fact Im playing with my best friend from HS and we live multiple states away. We havent played an online game together since Duke3D so it makes the whole experience that much more meaningful and fun for me. It never gets boring for either of us since we're just blabbering on and on about stuff, cracking jokes and laughing.

We'll see if Evil Within can dethrone it.

aro52

New area has opened up, right behind the bounty board.

The Queens Emissary is located in the event section behind the Bountie Board.

Must be the Iron Banner area from the beta. Good. There's a Ghost to find back there too.

Destiny is basically my GOTY so far. What makes it extra special for me in particular is the fact Im playing with my best friend from HS and we live multiple states away. We havent played an online game together since Duke3D so it makes the whole experience that much more meaningful and fun for me. It never gets boring for either of us since we're just blabbering on and on about stuff, cracking jokes and laughing. ...

It's not my GOTY, but I'm having a similar experience, and it's what keeps me playing every. single. night. I may have already dropped it if I was going solo.

Cynn

guaranteed legendary (seems to be likely a helm or chest armor piece)
I got this flying, phallic bus. Honk honk!

xyHtBbd.jpg

realcZk

Faction questions

What are they good for and why should I join one?

Faction's provide weapons/armor with specific attributes. I'm a Titan so I went with New Monarchy as an example, because it provides me with Intellect and Strength, which are good for my super and melee. Depending on your class and what attributes you like, joining a faction is a good way to focus on gathering specific gear for a build/playstyle.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm putting together a group for Nightfall and then the Raid, hopefully starting tonight around 5:00 Central.

Lvl 27-28 preferred, but 26 is fine if we need the players.

PSN is Rogo. PM here, or send a friend request on PSN.

I'm up for both. Level 27

E92 M3

did two public events yesterday near the candy cave with gold on both and never got shit for them, awesome

If you didn't get anything - go back to to the tower. The postmaster will have marks and a shard for you. If you do 2 events in a row without seeing the post master then you won't get anything. Not sure if that's a glitch or not.

Tunic

Anyone interested in helping me do the Queen's Wrath missions? I am getting destroyed by myself. Lvl 26. PS4. PSN - Tunic85

-PXG-

Whenever you complete a bounty for the queen you get a queens wrath token. This allows you to launch an epic + other modifiers lvl 24 version of a mission with a mini boss "target" at the end. Finish the mission and you will receive a legendary piece of loot. At least I did for each of the 4 missions I ran this morning.

Yo dawg, it's X to the Z, Xzibit. Me and my girl, the Queen, cooked up sumthin special fo y'all. Now, when you do this cool ass bitch's bounties, you get these coins or some shit that you can use to do even harder missions. On top of dat, you're garunteed a motherfuckin legendary piece of loot, dawg. Ya heard? Now, yo ass can grind, while yo on yo grind. Fuckin genius.

Faction questions

What are they good for and why should I join one?

They offer unique Legendaries for sale if you hit Reputation Rank 2 for armour and Rank 3 for guns, rep is per faction , you need to buy their Class item and equip it so that all Vanguard rep now goes to your chosen faction instead. Don't do it until you at least hit Vanguard Rep 2 though as your capacity for Vanguard Marks top out at 200. If you're VRep 2 at least you can buy legendary armour and melt it down rather than lose the marks

So all I'm getting here is the same Queens guard helmet over and over. Guessing this is for farming mats then? I'd keep one for collecting sake but the item bank is too small to justify it.

The best is to do patrols while filling in bounties. Patrols that have you hunt down a mark give you 25 rep. You'll get a couple of those every hour at least.
Cool thanks for the tip. I'll do that while I check out those queen bounties as well. You guys are making work very unbearable for me right now lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I enjoy the actual gameplay part of the game. I do not enjoy the constant barriers. I feel like I'm just wasting my time a majority of the time I play. The amount of content simply does not satisfy the amount of time you have to put in to progress.
perfectly valid way to feel. it needs to incentivize you.

I literally don't feel like I've wasted my time doing anything I've done so far, and that's actually rare for a game... but I did become very conscious of and start paying a lot of attention to the game's systems around level 22.
I got this flying, phallic bus. Honk honk!
oh wow

They offer unique Legendaries for sale if you hit Reputation Rank 2 for armour and Rank 3 for guns, rep is per faction , you need to buy their Class item and equip it so that all Vanguard rep now goes to your chosen faction instead. Don't do it until you at least hit Vanguard Rep 2 though as your capacity for Vanguard Marks top out at 200. If you're VRep 2 at least you can buy legendary armour and melt it down rather than lose the marks

The guns are just blues

Wallach

Legendary helmet from the Queen Wrath's just saved me 120 marks and 2 weeks of grinding. I ain't even mad.

I was 90 marks and a week into that grind when I got the Queen's helm. Not mad but now I don't really know what to do with my New Monarchy rep, heh.

lt519

Cool thanks for the tip. I'll do that while I check out those queen bounties as well. You guys are making work very unbearable for me right now lol.

Collect resources while you do it too, checking every cave, and you'll get rep for trading in 50 of a resource. Basically in an hour you should be able to get about 100 patrol rep, knock out 250-300 worth of bounties and trade in a resource. After the bounties are traded in its a bit of a grind, so I've just been doing it in doses each day. I'm about 900 away from Rank 3, I might just grind it out tonight.

lt519

There is no way to do this for Vanguard is there? I.e. buy a Vanguard legendary cloak and then have Crucible bounties go towards Vanguard?

Collect resources while you do it too, checking every cave, and you'll get rep for trading in 50 of a resource. Basically in an hour you should be able to get about 100 patrol rep, knock out 250-300 worth of bounties and trade in a resource. After the bounties are traded in its a bit of a grind, so I've just been doing it in doses each day. I'm about 900 away from Rank 3, I might just grind it out tonight.

Actually, myself and many others disagree with turning in materials for rep. All of the legendaries and exotics require materials one way or the other for the majority of their upgrades.

How hard is the queens wrath's?

You have to do a bounty first, then it opens up a mission in the orbit menu on the left. If you get anything but the earth one, just go back to orbit and try again. Earth one is easy.

To do it again, you have to do another one of her bounties, then it'l open up the story mission again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom