• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

GutZ31

Ok guys, so I feel like I'm in a weird position, and don't know how to proceed.

I finished most of the taken stuff. Seems like just a bunch of sidequests left. I've been chewing on those, but I want to get stronger.

My level is 40, and my light level is 212. So I'm trying to get better gear, and I need those purple coins.

But it seems like I'm too low level for that shit.

1. Tried iron banner. I was getting schooled so bad, I just left the match. My team was better without me. Like, I was getting 1 shotted.

2. Then I figured I would try that free for all. Same thing. Just fucking decimated. Finished with 1000 points. No purple coins.

3. Whats left for me? I think there is one of those strikes, but it recommends 240 light, and I'm not even close to that shit.

I need to get stronger, but to get stronger, I need purple coins. And to get purple coins, I need to get stronger.
Its like some vicious cycle.

All my armor is blue, extremely rarely does anything purple drop.

If you have the time, I suggest doing the strike playlists for a while at normal level, and put on the blue gear you get as it comes in with higher light level than you currently have. Once you get to 250-270, jump over to the heroic strike playlist for better chances at higher gear level, and more drops.

You can also go to the court of oryx and run some coins thru to get some relatively easy loot from there.

You are better off not trying to infuse your legendary gear up just yet, and just roll with blues until you get very close to 300 light at least. at 300, you can do most content in the game without too much trouble, but still suggest 312+ for nightfall, Challenge of Elders, and Kings Fall Hard Mode raids.

At 300 light, you should also be able to survive in crucible where light level is turned on, such as Iron Banner.

Legendary Marks are easier to get once you are not under leveled for all the content that gives it.

Mikey Jr.

Daily PvE and PvP content should work for your LL, although the daily mission at 240 LL might still be a bit tough. But, if you do play the daily and weekly PvP (aside from IB) you'll get 30+ Legendary Marks.

Ohh, so I just suck at PVP? Got it, lol. I thought it was because I was low level, haha.

But do I have to win to get the legendary marks? Because I don't think I'll ever get first in free for all.........

darthbob

Ohh, so I just suck at PVP? Got it, lol. I thought it was because I was low level, haha.

But do I have to win to get the legendary marks? Because I don't think I'll ever get first in free for all.........

FFA is the daily PvP and the weekly so that's a bit unfortunate. Next reset will probably be a team mode, but the daily PvP changes every day.

chur

Telesto Hype!

giphy.gif

NastyBook

Damn, y'all ended early tonight. Will the train be departing tomorrow? Gotta get this done over the weekend for my Hunter. If not, I'll just solo it.

No, you don't have to win, you just have to finish the match - just remember, outside of weeklies, you can only get the marks once. Also, you can get legendary marks from dismantling legendary gear, and various quests.

Ranking up with the vanguard/a faction/vendors guarantees you an item that will increase your light. So focus on that.

The best thing for someone at your stage to do is hit your dailies, and just keep finishing up regular quests. Grab as many vanguard bounties as you can - you'll naturally complete them while you're doing other things. Use vanguard rep boosters, this will increase the rep you get from everything. And make sure you're in a faction, I ignored that for far too long. I was like "why would I join any of you people? You're all crazy.". Because they give you stuff just for existing, that's why.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I gotta say it's nice of bungie to give you double or even triple xp for doing your alts after hitting rank 5. i hit rank 5 with my hunter in 15 games, and just 10 games with my warlock despite losing most of the games.

i also like how the tempered buff applies to bounties too. got 1600 for my last weekly bounty.

the rewards today were absolutely shit though. first night i played i got 6 helmets, 3 shotguns and two hand cannons. tonight, 2 helmets, 1 chest and 1 shotgun in some four hours. Never even got a chest for my hunter in 15 games.

Don't really have anything to do in Destiny until RoI but every time I try play another game I just sit there wanting to be playing Destiny instead.

Firstworldproblems etc.

Dalek

Being total shit at the Crucible really blows when trying to do this quest line for my Triumphs. I'm so defeated right now.

GutZ31

Being total shit at the Crucible really blows when trying to do this quest line for my Triumphs. I'm so defeated right now.

Don't get too down on yourself. Some of the Quest, and Triumph steps are just stupid.
Exotic Sword Quest is a good example of What the F%CK where you thinking Bungie?!.
The crucible stuff can be annoying, so make sure you ask about ways to lessen its shittiness if possible.

Just keep plugging away at it and you will get it done. Best thing I can recommend is just follow a team mate around and shoot at what they do.

Just lost another game of salvage and I get this message from my teammate right after the game.

3v3 modes in Destiny are super sweaty these days, even good players avoid it due to how much not fun it is. Try to find some LFG groups that are also looking to do this for the triumphs and you may have better luck than going in solo.

Just lost another game of salvage and I get this message from my teammate right after the game.

See if you can VPN into Asian servers. In all my time I've had zero messages and like two people who acted like jerks- & I think one of them was European. And I do the kind of thing that guy was criticizing you for all the time. Like, I don't even think there's anything wrong with it. Sometimes you can solo a capture point, sometimes you can't. But you can't just sit around hoping randos will get their shit together and start moving on points in formation. Getting those kinds of messages would have made me quit - or start getting really nasty back. I would have asked that guy "Why weren't you in there with me, instead of running around playing Clash?"

The problem with salvage is that the scoring system is screwed. It is too hard to successfully capture a relic compared to defusing a relic. And the points difference between the two is negligible so the most efficient way to win is to let the other team solo cap a point. Kill them and defuse and just play it like Clash.

I'm a little confused about how exotic blueprints work. I got a Plan C from a Xur legacy exotic engram. So it was year 1, I had no access to the year 2 version. But then today I checked again and I suddenly had the year 2 blueprint. How did this happen?

HigXx

Im pretty sure theyre changing Salvage scoring in ROI

Fake edit:

@_mantis_
@CRAYLOR123 A) completing the salvage gives you 2x points that denying does, but…
B) we revamped Salvage scoring in RoI. Stay tuned!

Top Bottom