• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Drizzay saved my bacon so many times with Crota and Skolas when my wife was nearing her enrage timer and for that I will be forever grateful. He was so generous to me and my friends. Rest in peace.

phen0m24

From Twilight Gap
Zoba said:
What an emotional rollercoaster this game has been for me. Bungie created a world where you meet new people and go out on adventures to become legends. But what really makes you legendary is not how high your light is or how good you are at the game, but how many people you leave an impression on along the way.
DestinyGAF is not just a tight-nit community, but a family - forged in the fires of the now distant Alpha - and it has been burning ever since. There are many pillars of this community - some have moved on and some have remained - and they have each contributed to making this community what it is today. But if there was one who constantly went out of his way, relentlessly extending a helping hand to anyone who needed it, it was Dr Drizzay.
But now, we have a Guardian down.
I am not proud of my last encounter with Drizzay. I was frustrated during a Trials run and he said to me "It's okay if you are not feeling up to it." This was someone who always looked forward to playing with me every weekend, and on that day, I let him down. Shame on me.
This unfortunate news reminds us that Drizzay was human. He'd get frustrated at the game the same as I or anyone would and he'd take the occasional break. But his unwaivering dedication to anyone and everyone in the community is what will make him immortal. It's that selfless commitment that he leaves behind, inspiring all of us to be better.
Drizzay did everything. He was up bright and early to lead reset Raids. He sherpad countless guardians through Skolas. He carried people to the lighthouse week after week. He was there to power through all the trophies and achievements. And then he was on here, always taking the time to share strategies and tips. How many OTs has he dillgently coordinated and posted for us now? This community is very much his. He took it by the reigns and said "I care about these people" and he never let us down. Not once.
What I will remember of him most fondly is actually not even related to Destiny. It was the day I played through the Halo 5 Campaign with him and Unstable. It made me realize that this isn't a community that exists solely to LFG or shoot the shit in this thread. We're friends, and many of us have forged real, meaningful and life-long bonds from this game.
I am humbled to have known someone like him. Really, we should all be so lucky. His light reached everyone. Even Bungie themselves:
RSYYshP.jpg

I wrote this poem a while ago when I was going through a rough time:
Bright flames dont burn for long, their light too strong to last
The ashes scatter in the wind, and darkness comes to pass
But in that moment, though brief and rare, no shadows will you find
For just as brightly as you burned, your glow you will leave behind

Steroyd

RIP Drizzay, we persevered through the Flawlees Raider trophy despite being a glitchy buggy mess, but that was the one of the most fun week+ I had spent with a game with a pay off at the end. :(

T-44

Neo Member
Everything everyone is saying is true and I echo it all. Incredibly sad for us and more so his family. Thoughts and prayers with them.

LukeSmith

OK Destiny-GAF, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but one of our own has passed away

Drizzay (Boguester) aka "Mr. Destiny" died Thursday/Friday due to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Construction Accident)

He was 33 years old and leaves behind a beautiful wife (only married 3 months), a loving family that he moved back closer to be with

Drizzay, was a great community member of DGAF. He always was a helpful person to anyone that needed it. Always doing his best to push the community here forward with detail information on being a better player himself but for others to use it and become Legends themselves
He never was selfish, always the helpful, caring player who wanted the community to prosper

If you want to leave kind words to the family about Drizzay, you can post on the guestbook:
http://fbtributes.com/obituary?id=253495

RIP, my friend. Thank you for the short time I had with you. You went out of your way to help me and use your time so I could play with you. Those gaming nights and mornings! we talked about life and laughing along the way, those memories will stay with me till the end.

Drizzay never had to become Legend.
He was one.

My sincerest condolences to the folks here who were close to him (the stories and screenshots make me misty), and my heart breaks for his family.

Dark Fact

OK Destiny-GAF, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but one of our own has passed away

Drizzay (Boguester) aka "Mr. Destiny" died Thursday/Friday due to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Construction Accident)

He was 33 years old and leaves behind a beautiful wife (only married 3 months), a loving family that he moved back closer to be with

Drizzay, was a great community member of DGAF. He always was a helpful person to anyone that needed it. Always doing his best to push the community here forward with detail information on being a better player himself but for others to use it and become Legends themselves
He never was selfish, always the helpful, caring player who wanted the community to prosper

If you want to leave kind words to the family about Drizzay, you can post on the guestbook:

RIP, my friend. Thank you for the short time I had with you. You went out of your way to help me and use your time so I could play with you. Those gaming nights and mornings! we talked about life and laughing along the way, those memories will stay with me till the end.

Thanks for the kind words, Grave, Drizz's passing is truly a crushing loss to our community :(

I may not have known Drizz as long, or as close as many others on DGAF, but since joining the reset raid crew with him, Ji66a, Unstable, Ruthless and Bombastico (i'm breadeater on the streams, btw), he has become a true friend, someone I looked up to as a mentor, and loved bantering with through out many adventures. It is difficult to write this in his absence knowing I will not be able to ever meet him in person, but feel blessed to have had what opportunity I did to spend with him.

My heart goes out to his wife, their families, and to all of us in the community; he will be missed, and will remain a legend among us. Rest in peace, Drizz (Allen).

Namikaze1

I remember my raid group got stuck at Oryx for a long while and weekly reset was coming. We wanted to get our first Oryx kill before the raid reset for its very first time (this was during KF's first weekend) and some of us couldn't make it. I ended up joining a few others who got stuck at Oryx as well Saturday morning. Drizzay offered to help us out since he already cleared it. It took us 90 minutes on the Oryx encounter alone but we managed to bring down the king. I stuck around with Drizz that day for a second run. He ended up helping a couple more groups beat Oryx that weekend. Dude was always helping out others. Rest in peace, good doctor.

CPXk3qtUcAE3Jdq.jpg:orig

LiK

When we finally got the Flawless trophy together after two weeks of glitch hell, it was the best feeling. I still remember him screaming with relief. Thanks for being our leader, Drizzay.

B1t-0DhCAAMuHRY.jpg

WipedOut

Drizzay never had to become Legend.
He was one.

My sincerest condolences to the folks here who were close to him (the stories and screenshots make me misty), and my heart breaks for his family.
He was legend indeed! Pour one out for my homey and fellow Colts Fan!

Drizz was Mr. Destiny.

inthrall

Shit, this hits me hard. We ran some scrubby Heroic Strikes last week, and he didn't have a mic, so we were trading banter in the Discord about him missing his Shadowshots on Omnighul. This is the guy who carried me to my first Flawless Lighthouse run, and helped me achieve Guardian Lord back in Crota's End. We ran numerous trains, and I'm forever grateful for his help in these parts of the game, its one of the main reasons I kept coming back to this community. He will definitely be missed.

May your Shadowshots never miss wherever you are now.

Strider

No secret I usually go hardcore at destiny when new content comes out then disappear for a few months but my thoughts and prayers are out to his family and those of you that were close to him.

From downing oryx that first time or the few crucible sessions I played with drizzay it was always a good time... 33 is just too young :( genuinely good person that did so much around here.

Legend.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I'm speechless. He just helped me get my flawless raider trophy a couple of weeks ago. What a nice guy. Unbelievable.

Raybunny

I have put Destiny somehow on the side but some people hold very close spots. Drizz is one of them.

DestinyGaf was him. The commitment, effort and work he put on it could and can be sensed throughout all these dozens of threads.
Even though it is a sad / terrible moment I have been honoured to have meet such an amazing person. Made the game feel a part of us, with a lot to give asking nothing in return.

Honoring you, rest in peace Drizz you will be missed. Condolences to the family of this wonderful man.

FyreWulff

When he helped people with Flawless Raider

CMbF7hfUwAAbV_h.jpg:large

I laughed for a good while with his "but.. I still have the sword" speech after he took out Crota

ICON-VII

Neo Member
Drizz once helped me and a friend (who isn't a member of the GAF community) get the Black Spindle after numerous people here couldn't do it with us. He also jumped in to help finish off a trials run on an 8 win card for a departing player when he absolutely didn't have to. And lastly..... Drizz also chewed me a new A-Hole so HARD once when popping a blade dancer at the wrong time in trials and I will never forget it. It made me uncomfortable playing with him cause I was always on edge about my every move. As a result... He definitely made me a much much better player.

RIP Drizz

Marvel

could never
My old ps4 that died recently had screens and footage of us, damn it.

Needs to be honoured in all OT's going forward obviously.

NeOak

Now I have to rewatch all the Destiny stuff I saved that he is in it to post it.

Flawless Y2 with Igor
Flawless raid
Explaining to me KF HM
Helping me get the Black Spindle

so many good memories

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
33. There aren't any words that will make sense out of that. I can't imagine what the family is going through, given the positive impact he had on so many of you. You have my condolences.

Please let me know if you decide to set something up for his family.

Jinjo

Thanks to Driz & Co. for the smooth flawless yesterday.

kGqUHY5.jpg

The last thing I did with him. :( He lives on in mine (and probably everyone elses) Flawless & Platinum trophies. Can't even remember when I started playing with him, it has been so long.

aarcane

Sadly, I never got to play with Drizzay, but it was easy to see from his posts here and on Discord that he was a great guy. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP

phen0m24

33. There aren't any words that will make sense out of that. I can't imagine what the family is going through, given the positive impact he had on so many of you. You have my condolonces.

Please let me know if you decide to set something up for his family.

Urk, my last PM from him when I tried to nag Dawn about getting him into the Test environment.

c42PMKM.jpg

Holy crap. I'm at a loss for words. He's just gone. What a sucky way to go.

I don't think I ever played with you, Drizz, but I could tell from the start that you were a special member of this community. Always seemed to help people no matter what. The least we can do is to honor you and what you did for everyone here at DGAF.

RIP

o7

I'm at a loss for words. Our personalities clashed in the past and we've certainly had our differences, but this news has hit me really hard. He was the one constant in our community and it won't ever be the same without him.

My thoughts go out to his wife during this truly awful time.

I'm in shock right now. Drizz was the heart of the community and his dedication to helping others is truly inspirational. He will be missed deeply. Rest in Peace.

deadduck

I've never seen what he looked like, I didn't know his name, but I even my GF (not the biggest Destiny fan) knew his voice from the amount I'd watch him on stream with others.

My first Crota kill was Drizzay on sword.

My first Oryx kill was Drizzay on relic, at a time I should have been at work.

The most selfless gaffer I have ever had the pleasure of playing with.

At 39 years old I'm trying and failing to hold back the tears. I'm devastated.

Miss you Drizzay, a true guardian lord.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Gonna miss his voice and reset raid time, which I'll always call Drizzay time from now on

Damn man, never got to see Mercury with you
Will miss you dearly

I am in shock right now. I didn't know Drizzay very well, only got to play with him a couple times but he was just such a positive part of this community. I loved his posts, listening to him talk on stream, watching him carry us everywhere.

My condolences to his family and friends, there is a great hole in the world. May his star shine forever.

Mindlog

I can't believe it.
Drizz was always there when you needed someone to fill out the squad. A terrible loss and my thoughts go out the family.

Wow...I just read the news. I cannot believe this. My condolences to his family.

DocSeuss

Holy shit. He offered to help me with Trials just last week. We were gonna raid this weekend, but he didn't show up. I thought he flaked.

I don't know how to process this.

Falifax

I am not exaggerating when I say that you were the person responsible for me having so many friends online, Drizzay.

Back in the vanilla days of Destiny, I was watching this community from afar, lurking, and here and there would post something that was probably about looking for a raid group. But you were the gateway to this awesome bunch of people. You were the reason why I was looking forward to play a video game with complete strangers from different corners of the planet. I'll never forget how big of an impact you had on my life, and I, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for that.

PS: I promise you that I'll get that god damn diploma from Pinch School.

Wow, I logged in from work this afternoon and I see this.

I didn't get to run with Drizzay as much as I would have liked, but the times I did play with him he was always nice as can be. My thoughts and prayers are with his family first and foremost. I can only imagine the pain that they are going through right now.

DGAF as a whole will miss him, he truly was special to this community and will be missed beyond measure.

Holy crap, that's terrible. Rest in peace. :'(

I never got to play with him due to the different platforms, but it was easy to tell how much this community meant to him, and how much he meant to this community.

Top Bottom