• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

deafmedal

Drizzay never had to become Legend.
He was one.

My sincerest condolences to the folks here who were close to him (the stories and screenshots make me misty), and my heart breaks for his family.
Thank you. And urk too.

Will have to find the archived stream or check if I uploaded the stream on to YouTube but this was from our flawless VoG HM run.

Fake edit: found the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-CorURszz8
One of my favorite memories- my first and (probably forever) only platinum... we almost 5 manned it!
7IyuA1s.jpg

Is there anything we can do to help the family?

Just found out about the news. My condolences to Drizz's family.

I only played with him a handful of times and he help me with my first Skolas kill. He will be missed.

Jinjo

Drizzay never had to become Legend.
He was one.

My sincerest condolences to the folks here who were close to him (the stories and screenshots make me misty), and my heart breaks for his family.

33. There aren't any words that will make sense out of that. I can't imagine what the family is going through, given the positive impact he had on so many of you. You have my condolences.

Please let me know if you decide to set something up for his family.

That means a lot coming from you guys, thanks for this. It's truly a testament to what a great game was made by the entire team at Bungie that lead to such an amazing community like this. Unfortunately in all the good times, there will inevitably come some very bad times. Drizzay indeed was one of the Guardians of Legend.

It's maybe just a silly idea... Perhaps, I speak too boldly, or it's outside the realm of possibility, but would it be an idea to create a Ghost in his name? So he can continue to give us advice in the Destiny world and so we can continue to carry him with us in the game we all played so fondly with him? Just thinking of ways to commemorate him. I don't know how others would feel about that though.

hydruxo

Man, Drizzay was such a warm and welcoming guy. I still vividly remember the time I got my first Ghorn and he was giving out the Gorgon checkpoint. This was in March 2015 and I had gone 6 months without getting one so when it dropped I freaked out so hard. Drizzay was there with me and was probably even more hyped than I was that I got it haha.

Glad I have some moments like that to remember. RIP Drizz.

Homeboyd

RIP Drizz. Dude helped me out many times as he did for nearly literally everyone else here. Incredible.

The true OG (Original Guardian).

He'll be missed.

taco543

In life the only certainty is death. Though I never knew drizz, a short view at dgaf and his kindness and generosity is clearly apparent. On the other side, whatever it may be, I'm certain he will be welcomed and embraced by former loved ones and his light will only burn brighter through his family that mourns him. It's always tragic when a member of a community passes, but when it's one as strong, passionate, and kind hearted as drizz was, it's effect is immeasurable. His family will continue, we will continue, and his pillar will remain, because of the strong foundation he built with the community here, as well as the community involved in his personal life. Condolences to his family and to his friends.

RIP Brother.

Sincerest condolences to his family and friends :(
A terrible terrible shame.

I never got to play with him (or many of you) as we are separated by a gulf of market forces but I've lurked in the OT's since the beginning...I could tell he was incredibly helpful, and loved helping out other people ALL the time.

Flawless raids, flawless trials, a crazy number of skolas runs for MoT, checkpoint holding...the list goes on.

The last few pages of posts are a testament to the impact he's had in this community, and I'm sure he had an even bigger one out in the wider world.

R.I.P.

Fuck. There are no words. Like many here I am in shock and denial.

I don't think it's even possible to list everyone he helped in this game. During House of Wolves all I remember is him soloing up to a skolas repeatedly then taking 2 people through at a time to complete their triumphs. The many trials runs he did to get people to Mercury. The hype in his voice when we got their or even when a big play was made.

He always had time for everyone and did so much for this community. But fuck, this is so shit.

Next OT title should mark this event. Mehrmantrouts suggestion of Guardian Down seems fitting. We've got some massive boots to fill on that op.

Dude you are going to be missed by everyone. Thoughts go out to his family. Has anything been setup for them?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I haven't thought about Destiny in a while but just heard about Drizzay. I still remember the mad 5am dashes to get checkpoints and chests and whatnot.

RIP. :(

Feorax

Absolutely gutted. Drizzay had time for everyone, and was a blast to play with. I haven't played in a while, but was hoping to jump back in soon to get ready for ROI. Heartbreaking to think he'll never be active on the roster again, he was almost ever present at one point.

He would have gotten married just before me (been married 3 months the end of this month). I can't begin to imagine what his family must be going through. My condolences to his nearest and dearest.

Dez_

I don't even know what to say. I really wish I got to know Drizzay better. I saw him as such a positive influence within this community.

33 years old is too young. I'm very sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family. Rest in piece.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Oh my god. This is horrific. Drizz was one of the nicest and most caring and helpful guys I've ever had the pleasure to play with. His advice helped become a better Trials player and better at pvp overall. My second Mercuty run was with him. He always strove to help me improve rather than just be carried. Seemed like a genuinely good hearted person which makes this heartbreaking. My thoughts are with his family and all of you guys who are also like family here. I'll miss his commentary hugely. He had a big positive impact on my life and I will never forget him. Looking at my friends list is going to make me cry next time I log in I think. Love you guys even though I don't know you that well. This community is beautiful.

Rest easy, Drizz. 😢

shermas

Never played with him (xbone) and kind of lurk in the thread, but the emotional outpouring is amazing... My heart is broken for his friends and family. What a shame.

Axoman

I can't believe it.

I only had the pleasure of playing with him a few times since I'm on Xbox, a few trials runs and a couple raids, but through GAf/discord and twitch streams felt like I personally knew him.

He will be missed.

McArkus

RIP Drizzay. I'm mostly a lurker on this thread, but during the first year of destiny he helped me to take the VoG raid. Just returned like 1 week ago to destiny and expected to play again RoI with everyone.

RIP

RIP, legend.

I haven't played with him since year one when I rolled on PS4. It's amazing to see all the lives he's touched here on GAF. OTs will never be the same. I like the next subtitle idea of "guardian down"

Rehsa

These gray skies over Houston are very fitting right now. I think Osiris needs another member of his flock in game, Brother Drizzay. I also like the ghost idea someone mentioned if Bungie would do something that cool. Really wish I was able to play more with him, and the rest of you all for that matter.

I am also for OT42|Guardian Down

OK Destiny-GAF, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but one of our own has passed away

Drizzay (Boguester) aka "Mr. Destiny" died Thursday/Friday due to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (Construction Accident)

He was 33 years old and leaves behind a beautiful wife (only married 3 months), a loving family that he moved back closer to be with

Drizzay, was a great community member of DGAF. He always was a helpful person to anyone that needed it. Always doing his best to push the community here forward with detail information on being a better player himself but for others to use it and become Legends themselves
He never was selfish, always the helpful, caring player who wanted the community to prosper

If you want to leave kind words to the family about Drizzay, you can post on the guestbook:
http://fbtributes.com/obituary?id=253495

RIP, my friend. Thank you for the short time I had with you. You went out of your way to help me and use your time so I could play with you. Those gaming nights and mornings! we talked about life and laughing along the way, those memories will stay with me till the end.
reposting for the new page. RIP

todd360

These gray skies over Houston are very fitting right now. I think Osiris needs another member of his flock in game, Brother Drizzay. I also like the ghost idea someone mentioned if Bungie would do something that cool. Really wish I was able to play more with him, and the rest of you all for that matter.

I am also for OT42|Guardian Down

The ghost idea sounds like a lot of work unless it's just a skin that references him in the name or flavor text.

Guardian Down isn't bad but I feel like in loving memory of drizz or something would be more tasteful.

Namikaze1

I'm gonna share here what I wrote on twitter:

We lost a great leader and friend. You've done so much for our community. You were the one that kept this community going. Whenever someone needed help with something, you were always the first to reach out. So many folks got to Mercury, completed their MoT Year 1 requirements, killed Skolas, and beat the raid (flawless or not) thanks to you. Whenever we got out of control here or lost our minds, you were there to steer the ship back on course. You did so much for us and we never got to say thanks for it all. You didn't had to take time away from your life to help us out with Mercury or raid runs but you always did. So thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for this community. You may be gone now but you will not be forgotten. Rest in peace, DrDrizzay101.

GunnerZ

RIP DrDrizzay101, my heart goes out to his wife and his family.

DrDrizzay101 helped a lot of people here and his helpfulness is much appreciated and will never be forgotten.

He truly was the pillar of this community.

phen0m24

The ghost idea sounds like a lot of work unless it's just a skin that references him in the name or flavor text.

Guardian Down isn't bad but I feel like in loving memory of drizz or something would be more tasteful.

I don't know, Todd. To us, Destiny was a huge part of Drizz's life. I think he would be honored, personally.

Rehsa

Yeah true, I was thinking more along the lines of a Grimoire ghost that you find.

That would work also, whatever is decided will be fitting to the memory. To the person making the thread 😭

Zakalwe

Banned
I ran the VoG about 100 times with Drizz reaching for that flawless. He got his one night when I wasn't there, but still came on every run with me until I got mine.

No guardian left behind, he said.

He was a good guy. My thoughts go out to his family.

someday

Banned
I haven't played Destiny since October and I never actually played with Drizzay but I'm still gutted by this news. He was an amazing part of this community and it was obvious even to me how good of a man he was, in and out of the game. My condolences to his family and DGAF.

micah

I just wanted to say a loss like this hits everyone in many ways and even though we weren't close we had played a few times together. I am just stunned.

Anyone know of a donation bank account or gofundme for the family?

Top Bottom