• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I didn't bother to take the quests outside of a few. If I did yeah they would have been done at this point. Now I don't want to use other classes besides what I'm using now. Definitely don't want to play defender.

I understand. The one positive thing I will say, is you may end up enjoying your time more than you think. I had a ton of fun playing as Defender for my Thorn bounty. It was just coincidence that my Titan got a Void quest. And I made it fun by putting on Felwinters artifact and Twilight Garrison. Also the defender bubble kills are easy if you just grab a heavy rocket with tracking.

On a completely unrelated different note, I'm kind of mad that the three class pages in the book don't work in the Raid. I thought Bungie was done with this shit? If I get a melee kill with my Warlock anywhere in the game, it should count.

Hear me Bungie? Don't restrict progression for arbitrary reasons. That is one of the most infuriating things about your game.

Foxxsoxx

Is anything different or can I just waltz in like I still own the place?

They've made changes, plus the challenge mode makes it a bit different.

It's more the same than it is different, but they did improvements for sure to make it more involved and less cheesy.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Looking to set up an Archon's Forge train for Triumphs quest chain.
PSN is Mejilan is there are any takers. Actually have a perfected offering on me, but can't find any randoms currently forging.

Too much to hope that we get PC confirmation tomorrow?

Nah, if it is only the expected CG trailer I would expect all available platforms to be shown at the end of it.

I mean if it is coming to PC why keep it a secret, after all we're supposedly only 5 months and a week out from release?

Tovarisc

If a PC release is coming, do you folks think they'll allow a character transfer from PS or XB to PC?

I sure hope so.

Do we have info about characters carrying over? Last I heard about it was from those rumors / leaks that they hit Reset hard and don't carry anything from D1 to D2.

Mindlog

The trailer may be entertaining, but I'm anticipating a very different Destiny 2 and I doubt the CGI will hit on that. We may as well be getting the preview for the next Destiny expansion.

And I miss my Facepunch Vanguards.

Alfebit

Banned
So can you do any of the old raids at their 390 light versions now or do they have to be up as the weekly challenge?

I wanted to run VoG earlier but didn't see the option.

milkham

anyone want to do a nightfall?

edit: Alfebit, the 390 versions will be available after each raid is featured as the weekly, so you won't be able to do VoG until then.

Looking to set up an Archon's Forge train for Triumphs quest chain.
PSN is Mejilan is there are any takers. Actually have a perfected offering on me, but can't find any randoms currently forging.

I also have a Perfected, as well as multiple runes for the court. I'll be on all night.

On that note, I wouldn't mind doing some CoE either.
Or Raid.

So can you do any of the old raids at their 390 light versions now or do they have to be up as the weekly challenge?

I wanted to run VoG earlier but didn't see the option.

They have to be a Weekly first. After they've been a weekly once, they'll be available in the 390 versions for the foreseeable future.

However, you can only get the Challenge's done (and thus the Adept Weapons and Ornaments) for a raid when it's the Weekly.

Alfebit

Banned
edit: Alfebit, the 390 versions will be available after each raid is featured as the weekly, so you won't be able to do VoG until then.

They have to be a Weekly first. After they've been a weekly once, they'll be available in the 390 versions for the foreseeable future.

However, you can only get the Challenge's done (and thus the Adept Weapons and Ornaments) for a raid when it's the Weekly.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

rezn0r

I really hate my time situation right now DGAF!

I have a 1-month old (obviously he's kicking ass too) and work is nuts.

I'm hoping I can spam this thread & Discord the next few weekends. Please don't leave me behind.

I'm so pumped about D2 also. Fuck!

I really hate my time situation right now DGAF!

I have a 1-month old (obviously he's kicking ass too) and work is nuts.

I'm hoping I can spam this thread & Discord the next few weekends. Please don't leave me behind.

I'm so pumped about D2 also. Fuck!

Feel your pain. I have a 2 month old. I managed to get 1 raid in and 3 AoT boxes. Had to stay up to 4am to do it. Lol.

I want to get back into Destiny but I'm having an issue.

I own the original vanilla disc and The Taken King Dlc (so just missing Rise of Iron).

The Collection is on sale at the moment for 25 and Rise of Iron is 22.50 (euros).

I'd love to not use the disc anymore of possible but in the store The Collection is listed as unavailable.

Is my only option to continue to use the Disc and buy Rise of Iron?

Also if I go to destiny in my library (it's not downloaded) I get an error (ce-42033-2)

I want to get back into Destiny but I'm having an issue.

I own the original vanilla disc and The Taken King Dlc (so just missing Rise of Iron).

The Collection is on sale at the moment for 25 and Rise of Iron is 22.50 (euros).

I'd love to not use the disc anymore of possible but in the store The Collection is listed as unavailable.

Is my only option to continue to use the Disc and buy Rise of Iron?

Also if I go to destiny in my library (it's not downloaded) I get an error (ce-42033-2)

I think you are stuck with the disc. If you buy the collection, I'm pretty sure it just comes with redeem codes.

Ryck

PSA: If you use a weapons of light bubble it only takes 13 slams to kill Crota. So you can do it on two rotations (sword barers).

Delete if old.

Proof here, our run earlier with mostly gaffers. Weteha, Skywalker and Ragnarok.

https://youtu.be/7JCQoVFcE6I

Wow. Just joined a group on LFG. Crota CM 1 shot. First Sword Bearer took him down past half. Weapons bubble is pretty great.

PSA: If you use a weapons of light bubble it only takes 13 slams to kill Crota. So you can do it on two rotations (sword barers).

Delete if old.

Yeah, exactly..... lol.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I also have a Perfected, as well as multiple runes for the court. I'll be on all night.

On that note, I wouldn't mind doing some CoE either.
Or Raid.

My Warlock is on the CoE step of the Triumphs quest line.
Hunter is on the NF step.
Titan has a way to go, as I'm wrapping up the patrols phase tonight.

Tomorrow, I'll definitely be looking for some CoE (Warlock) and Court/Forge (Titan) fun, however.

Wow. Just joined a group on LFG. Crota CM 1 shot. First Sword Bearer took him down past half. Weapons bubble is pretty great.

The fuck... which LFG site you using? Cause I keep joining lobbies of 400s who've never done Crota but will say they have.

At least I got the Adept Fang, Abyss, and Word along with the Hunger and Song. I'm not trippin' over the armor although I only got boots on my hunter so far.

If anything, I'm just going for primaries (and Praedyths Revenge) on these raids.

dangrib

I just picked up The Collection on the cheap. I'm excited to dive into Destiny after only playing for a couple of hours at launch. I hear you're a nice bunch of folks! :)

Ryck

I just picked up The Collection on the cheap. I'm excited to dive into Destiny after only playing for a couple of hours at launch. I hear you're a nice bunch of folks! :)
Gaffers are the best. Seriously, met some great people on here because of this game.

Foxxsoxx

Finished my second run on the Warlock, got a Fang, another adept Word, chestpiece, Hunger, and bond. Not too shabby.

I can't believe this game didn't have rotating raids all this time. It was so obvious when it launched that making old raids obsolete was not the way to do it.

Just add cosmetics to old raid loot and add upon your game Bungo, and do it at the start of D2 and you'll have a winner.

(Also launch the game with 2 raids, one beginner raid and one more extreme)

Spiders

Finished both Crota's End challenges last night.

Deathsinger took a few tries, but when we finally got it we had 7 seconds left. Crota himself was actually pretty easy.

Overall I'm really liking the changes they made to the encounters. The bridge is a lot more fun, and not being able to stand in front of the glass like in the old days and using different sword carriers makes the Crota fight a lot more fun as well.

I'm looking forward to Vault of Glass next week.

Top Bottom