• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

WeTeHa

I think a weapons bubble and 2 more or less skilled sword users is the way to go. Add a hunter with nighthawk golden gun to take down the oversoul after every second down. Made it significantly easier for us i think. People that suck with the sword (i.e. me) don't have to touch it and the rest can just kill ads/knights/wizards and shoot rockets.

My drops have been kind of insane lately. Hopscotch Pilgrim, Spare Change, Parthian Shot, Eyesluna, Grasp of Molok, Cryptic Dragon, Clever Dragon... The rolls themselves aren't insane or anything but it's crazy how many formerly coveted weapon archtypes I've gotten in the past two weeks.

Foxxsoxx

Looks like Crota can be downed in one sword with weapons of light. Datto did a video with it.

Don't know if randoms can pull it off practically, but it doesn't seem very difficult.

rataven

Finished the Crota raid tonight. Both challenges down. Not too bad overall. I like that they didn't mix the raid up too much. No Taken nonsense, stuff like that. It felt old school with some nice changes thrown in. Running the lamps in the beginning with thrall everywhere made me long for my Fatebringer. Speaking of which....

Can't wait for next week. Revived VoG might be my most anticipated Destiny event ever.

The fuck... which LFG site you using? Cause I keep joining lobbies of 400s who've never done Crota but will say they have.

At least I got the Adept Fang, Abyss, and Word along with the Hunger and Song. I'm not trippin' over the armor although I only got boots on my hunter so far.

If anything, I'm just going for primaries (and Praedyths Revenge) on these raids.

Destinylfg.net

I've had bad groups before too but I've had a lot of solid runs as well. GAF is generally better to play with, but LFG ain't as bad as everyone says it is. Regular nice people are on there too.

I also look for people who say they understand cm and want an *insert preferably adjective here* run. I post the same thing.

I do find it amazing how some groups can take hours to do something simple and just a switch up of one person can get a clear next try. That one person can mess it all up and I think that's why LFG is looked down upon. Chances of coming across that one person is decent if you aren't a little (reasonably) selective yourself.

WeTeHa

Everybody getting excited about the pc release of destiny 2 and i'm sitting here thinking that it just splits up the community if there is no crossplay :(

Everybody getting excited about the pc release of destiny 2 and i'm sitting here thinking that it just splits up the community if there is no crossplay :(

I doubt it will be a problem with how popular Destiny is and will be.

The only time it might be an issue is during extreme content droughts and that's more so for the newish player during those times trying to complete content/quests/acquire gear etc that mostly everyone else will have already run a ton of times/acquired.

Hopefully, those content droughts are few and far between with hopes of Bungie figuring out ways to keep existing content fresh (constantly adding quests, difficulty modifiers, a plethora of existing and added activities, etc).

Edit: While the gameplay is great and the overall formula is solid all-around I really would like to add a sense of adventure and exploration for our Guardians.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So what's the Nightfall?

Is that something I could do for gear now that I'm 40? What's the light level needed? I'm only 350. Problem is getting above 350 seems hard outside of raids.

So what's the Nightfall?

Is that something I could do for gear now that I'm 40? What's the light level needed? I'm only 350. Problem is getting above 350 seems hard outside of raids.

I think the recommended LL these days is 385 (?) and there is a Rainbow Burn (all three Elementals) this week. It's definitely a way to acquire better gear but you'll want to increase LL a bit in other game modes before trying to tackle a Nightfall unless you have a group that will carry you through.

So what's the Nightfall?

Vendor gear is at 380 now so you can run strikes and weekly crucible to get marks to give yourself a nice boost. At 380 you should be able to handle most things.

So what's the Nightfall?

Nightfall is 380 with an additional modifier that makes enemies tougher than they otherwise would be at 380.

Problem is getting above 350 seems hard outside of raids.

You can't do any raid at 350 that will give you loot to bring you above 350.

Do the SIVA Crisis strike playlist to get blues up to 365 (maybe higher now). Equip these blues as soon as you get them. Always have a three-of-coins active. Infuse your favourite legendaries/exotics a bit. Always have your highest light gear on when decrypting engrams. After that, SIVA Heroic Crisis playlist that will drop blues up to 385 (maybe higher now), but I don't think the light level progression is any faster and they will take longer since they're harder.

Archon's Forge drops armour, ghosts, class items, and special weapons up to 400.

slightly out of date infographic

EDIT: Yeah, buy legendary gear from vendors for your lowest slots until you run out of marks, then do the above.

Destinylfg.net

I've had bad groups before too but I've had a lot of solid runs as well. GAF is generally better to play with, but LFG ain't as bad as everyone says it is. Regular nice people are on there too.

While I've had solid runs, I've had more bad than good experience but I just deal. Cant have it all, sometimes.

I do find it amazing how some groups can take hours to do something simple and just a switch up of one person can get a clear next try. That one person can mess it all up and I think that's why LFG is looked down upon. Chances of coming across that one person is decent if you aren't a little (reasonably) selective yourself.

Whats funny is this is how we beat it after 1.5 hours on Crota. For some reason I was last sword and 5 slams still wouldnt kill him (I got him to a sliver twice but no time to make the last swing). So I asked to go first instead and boom, done in the 2nd try.

Chille

All I want in destiny 2 is a raid finder built in so that I can run the raids lol, not even beaten rise of iron raid yet and I bought that when it came out

Griffith

Banned
I can't believe how many people are afraid or refuse to be the sword bearer. It's much more fun than just standing there shooting rockets.

All I want in destiny 2 is a raid finder built in so that I can run the raids lol, not even beaten rise of iron raid yet and I bought that when it came out

Would be great. But since they have been working on this for what, two years(?), I don't think much will change drastically.

You could look for a group here if you wanted to run it.

I can't believe how many people are afraid or refuse to be the sword bearer. It's much more fun than just standing there shooting rockets.

It takes some practice to get the timing right and because the game doesn't force random people to take on that role, many people are reluctant to volunteer for the failure it takes to learn.

Griffith

Banned
but what if you fail

Pretty much what MythicReclaimer said. I do get that finding groups off lfg sites can make that hard though.

It takes some practice to get the timing right and because the game doesn't force random people to take on that role, many people are reluctant to volunteer for the failure it takes to learn.

Yeah, you're right about that. It's a shame though as that (relic/sword/whatever) is some of the most fun stuff to do in the raids.

"Reasons"

It's completely dumb. Same for nightfall and and every other non mm activity. (not raids)

Story missions don't need a group. They're designed for single player and the cutscenes are written for single player. You can group for them if you want but there's zero reason to matchmake for them.

vctor182

Finished reading all the AoT record book and thought.... yeah I can do all of this... hahaha damn you Bungie and that rank 7 reward

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Finished reading all the AoT record book and thought.... yeah I can do all of this... hahaha damn you Bungie and that rank 7 reward

Bungo are generous gods. You do NOT need to pop all nodes to hit 100% and the highest rank. I'm pretty much skipping all PVP shit (especially Trials) and am already at like 91%. I think you only need to complete around three-quarters of the book to hit rank 7 (which the game considers to be 100%).

Top Bottom