• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

LiK

Okayyy looking to do a semi-newbie raid tonight. 8:30PM Eastern time

Gonna do HM with CM Vosik, but newbies are welcome if you are up for the challenge, gonna have at least me and one other high-level helper on board. Others who just want to help out or feel like a laid back raid are of course welcome too. Not gonna use the form for this one since it's a bit of a one-off, so please quote this post if you want a spot, first come first serve.

1. mr. hawk
2. mr. rollo
3. ?
4. ??
5. ???
6. ????

Oh kreep mentioned I should specifically see if you are interested !

Not sure about tonight. Been taking naps during the weekdays cuz my sleeping schedule is fucked this week and I feel like I might miss it. If I don't check in here or Discord by 8PM EST, I probably won't be able to make it. Thanks for letting me know.

Woorloog

Banned
I read something about finding exotic or legendary gear from TTK campaign missions if one goes off exploring stuff. Can't recall where i read this but this seems unlikely... or are there really secrets like that?

I did explore most mission areas pretty thoroughly but didn't find anything of note, except some scannable stuff.

Also, speaking of the Taken King campaign, it wasn't that great. Certainly better than what base Destiny or Dark Below or House of Wolves offered but not really great, just OK to good. At least it had more interested characters, and cutscenes, so i knew what was happening. Still not Halo (2) or Marathon.

And another thing. Sparrow Racing. Going from 4th place to 1st at the very end of a race by sheer luck and perfect driving is wonderful.
Others were bunched up and somehow that lead to them slowing down just a bit... just as i drove on a ramp and flew over others, perhaps 50 meters from finish line.
Wish Sparrow Racing was permanent, would love to compete occasionally.

LTWood12

Why you leave us LT? Explain yourself please. Was it the hate on country?

I will not stand for the good name of Mr. Dwight Yoakam being talked about that way.

edit: LTTP but great job on the OT Ruthless. Glad to see Lnkn finally get his grimoire card.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can help out if you have room (I don't want to take the spot of someone that has never done it before), can bring any class at 400 LL. Would be fun to do a chill HM raid.
You should come, I wanna make sure we fill out the group :)
Okayyy looking to do a semi-newbie raid tonight. 8:30PM Eastern time

Gonna do HM with CM Vosik, but newbies are welcome if you are up for the challenge, gonna have at least me and one other high-level helper on board. Others who just want to help out or feel like a laid back raid are of course welcome too. Not gonna use the form for this one since it's a bit of a one-off, so please quote this post if you want a spot, first come first serve.

1. mr. hawk
2. mr. rollo
3. mr. frost
4. ??
5. ???
6. ????

Not sure about tonight. Been taking naps during the weekdays cuz my sleeping schedule is fucked this week and I feel like I might miss it. If I don't check in here or Discord by 8PM EST, I probably won't be able to make it. Thanks for letting me know.
That's a shame! Well you can send me a discord PM if it you do think you can make it.

That leaves 3 spots assuming no lik-chan.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i miss playing this game so much but not sure if it's worth going back to now. i have all the expansions except for the newest one Rise of Iron. my character is only lvl 29 and i stopped just as i was ready to do raids because well i never could get into them...

do i need to buy RoI or could i just pick up where i left off and buy RoI later? is it easier to get into raids now? i hated how difficult they made it so i gave up when they forced you to find players on your own instead of doing matchmaking. how far can i get playing solo now or with matchmaking?

I read something about finding exotic or legendary gear from TTK campaign missions if one goes off exploring stuff. Can't recall where i read this but this seems unlikely... or are there really secrets like that?

Wish Sparrow Racing was permanent, would love to compete occasionally.

TTK had a couple of hidden/secret missions and quest lines for certain exotics - Black Spindle(sniper), Sleeper Stimulant(heavy), No Time to Explain(pulse), Touch of Malice(scout) and off course the 3 exotic swords.

After the 3rd of Jan, SRL will be available permanently in private matches.

i miss playing this game so much but not sure if it's worth going back to now. i have all the expansions except for the newest one Rise of Iron. my character is only lvl 29 and i stopped just as i was ready to do raids because well i never could get into them...

do i need to buy RoI or could i just pick up where i left off and buy RoI later? is it easier to get into raids now? i hated how difficult they made it so i gave up when they forced you to find players on your own instead of doing matchmaking. how far can i get playing solo now or with matchmaking?

You can definitely play the game up to TTK and complete the story, quests, etc on your own if you want.

However, you'll find yourself limited to and locked out of many playslists if you don't have the RoI expansion.

With TTK you can advance to level 40 and Light level 335 but you won't be able to play most of the endgame activities like Nightfall, Iron banner, Siva strikes, Trials, etc and not have access to certain weapons and armor.

You'll have a tough time finding players for the Taken King raid (Kings Fall) and the other 2 older raids.

So I got this exotic weapon, what do I do with it if I don't really feel it? Just dismantle it?

Also I can't seem to advance the variations of a theme quest, I've completed the shadow thief strike twice now and nothing happens.

LTWood12

So I got this exotic weapon, what do I do with it if I don't really feel it? Just dismantle it?

Also I can't seem to advance the variations of a theme quest, I've completed the shadow thief strike twice now and nothing happens.

Were you doing the 'hard' (LL 320 i believe) version? I believe that's the requirement but can't recall if the game tells you that.

Yes you can dismantle it for an exotic shard.

For the quest you have to play the new Taniks strike, not the old one. Make sure you select the current version from the director (should say LL 320 instead of lvl 34).

depends on the exo, but usually throwing it in the bank for later is the best option.

Pick the strick. Put cursor over difficulty. Pick different level.

depends on the exo, but usually throwing it in the bank for later is the best option.

Pick the strick. Put cursor over difficulty. Pick different level.

I agree, what exotic was it? There are a decent amount of crap ones or ones easily outdone by legendaries or, in the case of an exotic hunter helmet, an iron lord artifact. I just cleaned out space in my vault by sharding the questionable exotics (dragon's breath, patience and time, no land beyond because I suck with it, Dreg's promise, 4th horseman, etc). Now I have to go through again and dismantle legendaries...its unfortunate as I think a chunk of what is in there are raid legendaries and I dont want to touch them.

Frostburn

I won't be around unfortunately. Hopefully Sturg and his friend can join up. Make sure to ask Hawk about his Falcon Wings.

Darn :( Been a while since I've had a chance to play with you. Hopefully they'll be able to join us and I'll be sure to ask Hawk about those Falcon Wings of his :)

Looks like I can make it but my friend cant.

Edit:

Also, which class? My Hunter and Warlock are both 395-ish so should be good. My titan might be about 390 but the gear I should be using on him hasnt been leveled.

Phloxy

378 Titan and have nobody to do a nightfall with. Any help? Don't have a mic because my kids are loud during the day time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm in, psn arya41
2 left
Hey Im checking with a friend of mine so if there are still 2 spots we might be in. I will let you know definite when I hear back.
0 left maybe.

edit: Oh I just saw the latest. 1 left.
How I dream i can join one of these raids one day... :(
u no can make it tonight? Still a spot!
If there is still room I will be avail, could use a Vosik kill. PSN: ThingontheFloor
Will keep you in mind in case any of the above doesn't work out!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Assuming no lunlun, we got

1. mr hawk
2. mr rollo
3. mr frost
4. mr sturg
5. mr floor
6. mr. arya? think we still need you.

Invites going out!
You can go ahead and grab my spot.
Are you gone? I think sturg's friend is a no-go

Dez_

Assuming no lunlun, we got

1. mr hawk
2. mr rollo
3. mr frost
4. mr sturg
5. mr floor
6. mr. arya? think we still need you.

Invites going out!

Are you gone? I think sturg's friend is a no-go

If you still need a 6th person, I can help out. Hopefully, you got a full team, though.

LTWood12

Darn :( Been a while since I've had a chance to play with you. Hopefully they'll be able to join us and I'll be sure to ask Hawk about those Falcon Wings of his :)

Yeah I've been on and off due to the holidays, but I'll be in the thread a bit more now so I'm sure we'll hook up soon. Hope y'all are having fun.

Top Bottom