• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

So yeah, I just had the easiest Templar encounter yet.

Put a WoL bubble on each teleport area at the same time right after taking down his shield and removing containment fields. Have three players on left as there is more room and two on right jumping in and out of the bubbles while burning the Templar with Gjallarhorns. He was dead before the bubbles went down.

I finally got a Legendary VoG Primary Weapon as Atheon dropped the Vision for me.

lovelyperson

Neo Member
As a junior member, I can't post new topic on NeoGAF...

Anyone can check this and help to post a topic?

I can't believe my eyes....

http://imgur.com/gallery/Fe0N8

This mobile game is definitely copy from Destiny!

I didn't see the similarities in the first few pictures, but then I scrolled down to the not-Sparrow... and the not-Tower.
Wow.

Edit: The English title seems to be called Eternal Frontier, and it's a Chinese mobile title published by NetEase. Looks like some of the promotional stuff riffs on other games as well.

Midas

Just pre ordered the art of destiny 2

Haha nice.

The Art of Destiny 2 is the definitive collection for the game's stunning art and design.
The Art of Destiny 2 is a celebration of the dynamic art and visual style that fans have come to love about Destiny. Featuring hundreds of pieces of concept art, the book covers everything from early sketches and illustrations of characters to paintings of sweeping vistas the designers used to help shape the in-game worlds. Each step of the process is meticulously detailed, from building in-game cinematics to crafting the complex universe. With exclusive, never-before-seen imagery, developer commentary, and more, The Art of Destiny 2 is a must-have for Guardians everywhere.

Too bad that we didn't get any new details from the copy.

I didn't see the similarities in the first few pictures, but then I scrolled down to the not-Sparrow... and the not-Tower.
Wow.

Edit: The English title seems to be called Eternal Frontier, and it's a Chinese mobile title published by NetEase. Looks like some of the promotional stuff riffs on other games as well.

I did the same! :)

"this doesn't look like...*scrolls down*...Oh!"

psyfi

Banned
Is it just me, or does Trespasser kind of suck in PvE? Its magazine drains so fast, I'm able to get way more kills before reloading with my other sidearms. I'm kind of bummed, it's my first exotic in my favorite class of weapons, and I don't really like it. I'm gonna give it a whirl in PvP now though.

Edit : holy shit I love it in PvP

Feorax

I think this might be it for me and Destiny now until the sequel. There's loads I'd still like to do but getting a group together is just too hard now that the community has really died off (and not just on GAF).

I've long been against the idea, but I'm finally starting to come round to the idea that there has to be some form of matchmaking for almost every activity in Destiny 2. That there isn't matchmaking for NF at this point is laughable.

I think this might be it for me and Destiny now until the sequel. There's loads I'd still like to do but getting a group together is just too hard now that the community has really died off (and not just on GAF).

I've long been against the idea, but I'm finally starting to come round to the idea that there has to be some form of matchmaking for almost every activity in Destiny 2. That there isn't matchmaking for NF at this point is laughable.

No mm for CoE and NF is the worst. Raids need in game LFG server browser. Where you can search for any cp. It's arguable whether or not your guardian should have to reach that cp before being able to search for it. Of course theres no reason to discuss that kind of thing until we get a confirmation of any kind of in game LFG.

No mm for CoE and NF is the worst. Raids need in game LFG server browser. Where you can search for any cp. It's arguable whether or not your guardian should have to reach that cp before being able to search for it. Of course theres no reason to discuss that kind of thing until we get a confirmation of any kind of in game LFG.

They really should have implemented it with AoT, as destiny is in its twilight and they should be making it as easy as possible to get more people invested in the game. Atleast for the nightfall.

The 100 has been great for me of late for just about any activity I want without the toxicity of DestinyLFG.

https://www.the100.io/

Edit: I'm not sure if you're familiar with the site or not but you don't have to join a group or only play with a group you join as you can simply look at all available activities/games currently open to join and join them at your leisure.

GreyWind

I love this so much

FuQi3Wn.png

Clunker

Anyone on Xbox up for a normal or hard Wrath run tonight? I'm looking to finish Outbreak Prime quest and wouldn't mind a run. Can do normal for ease or Heroic for loot. Msg me at Holden Cawffle.

Ryck

The 100 has been great for me of late for just about any activity I want without the toxicity of DestinyLFG.

https://www.the100.io/

Edit: I'm not sure if you're familiar with the site or not but you don't have to join a group or only play with a group you join as you can simply look at all available activities/games currently open to join and join them at your leisure.

Wow thanks I just signed up for this.

Discord and Gaf has been rough this week.

Jabronium

The100 has been my lfg go-to most of the time. I think I've had one bad experience on there in almost 3 years of playing. I cringe upon seeing all the elitism the challenge modes seem to have brought out in the game postings, though.

Detective

Guys, how to unlock or trigger the quest for new vendor lady afrideet?

Do I need to finish all rise of iron quest first?

Also it's so hard to lvl up the light when you are at almost 390, any tips?

You guys are the best :)

Appreciate.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Just finished my first ever raid - amazing team of bros and got the Hezen helm for my Warlock, gained 2 light levels in one swoop (also got 2 raid weapons) - 396 and counting!

Hard mode VoG was amazing for a first time, man...that Templar though, that was by far the hardest part.

Guys, how to unlock or trigger the quest for new vendor lady afrideet?

Do I need to finish all rise of iron quest first?

Also it's so hard to lvl up the light when you are at almost 390, any tips?

You guys are the best :)

Appreciate.

You can only trigger the quest when Iron Banner is active, so wait till next month.

Deku Tree

Just finished my first ever raid - amazing team of bros and got the Hezen helm for my Warlock, gained 2 light levels in one swoop (also got 2 raid weapons) - 396 and counting!

Hard mode VoG was amazing for a first time, man...that Templar though, that was by far the hardest part.

Well if you have one player who knows how to block the teleports then Templar is the easiest encounter in VoG. You just stand there and shoot the Templar and don't die.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Well if you have one player who knows how to block the teleports then Templar is the easiest encounter in VoG. You just stand there and shoot the Templar and don't die.

We had bubbles on each side of him but our carrier kept dying; then again, we mostly were mid-390s, 2 x 400s only: is there a difference between the hard mode challenge version vs the normal one? I've only done the hard one, loved that last level too: that teleport to Mars/Venus mechanic is awesome!

Novocaine

391 Titan looking to group. Nightfall or challenge would be good. Haven't raided yet but would give that a go. Or just some Vanguard heroics. On Xbox. Will be around for a while.

Deku Tree

We had bubbles on each side of him but our carrier kept dying; then again, we mostly were mid-390s, 2 x 400s only: is there a difference between the hard mode challenge version vs the normal one? I've only done the hard one, loved that last level too: that teleport to Mars/Venus mechanic is awesome!

The player blocking teleports shouldn't need to run through bubbles. Jump high and run around the back and spam the shield skate. Then block the Templars attacks with the relic cleanse.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The player blocking teleports shouldn't need to run through bubbles. Jump high and run around the back and spam the shield skate. Then block the Templars attacks with the relic cleanse.

I'm pretty sure our guy was dropping the shield all the time or something, I have no idea: I was trying my best not to get everyone killed XD.

Amazing experience and I FINALLY see what makes Destiny truly special: that feeling at the end of the Raid...just, wow.

Made some cool new mates too along the way, Raiding is where it's at! (I'm normally PVP all the time).

I'm pretty sure our guy was dropping the shield all the time or something, I have no idea: I was trying my best not to get everyone killed XD.

Amazing experience and I FINALLY see what makes Destiny truly special: that feeling at the end of the Raid...just, wow.

Made some cool new mates too along the way, Raiding is where it's at! (I'm normally PVP all the time).

I've done it three different ways successfully...

1 - The aforementioned Relic Runner covering both teleport locations by running back and forth with the rest of the fireteam DPSing from where you enter/drop down from initially.

2 - Having the Relic Runner covering the left teleport while using alternating WoL bubbles to cover the right teleport with the fireteam DPSing from that same right side.

3 - Placing a WoL bubble over both teleport locations at the same time right after the Relic Runner takes down the Templar's shield and everyone removes the containment field. You should try it with 3 players in the left bubble and 2 on right. This is reminiscent of a Year 1 burn as everyone should be using Gjallarhorns in an effort to kill him before the bubbles run out (Hunters can use Tethers, Warlocks can use Viking Funeral to increase damage output).

Yep! That's why this OT is at 44 and we're three years in. It's an amazing buzz :)

I'd give a shout out to the100 too. I've had a handful of bad experiences but generally the group's are pretty solid.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Yep! That's why this OT is at 44 and we're three years in. It's an amazing buzz :)

I'd give a shout out to the100 too. I've had a handful of bad experiences but generally the group's are pretty solid.

Heard pretty awesome things about the100 also: haven't needed to use it yet thanks to DGAF ANZ and more recently GPNZ, but I reckon you can never have enough people to group with, something I (originally, in 2014) struggled with due to lack of experience in social gaming, had a bit of a fear of it tbh.

It's mental, Destiny is my #1 go-to game again now by a long way, I knew I gave up too early haha.....quitting just before The Dark Below was a bum move I see now.

Anyone add me up if you haven't already: PSN: djakademik - keen on whatever, loving it all currently :) (I am in New Zealand though, so lag may factor in during PvP unless you're also Oceanic).

so, after running my Titan through another VOG and no Mythoclast, I'm more or less done with Destiny. starting Monday my work would put me out of town the whole summer so not going to be able to play Destiny, at least can't do raids on remote play. looking back, I had some great time out of the game. despite it's flaws and shortcomings, I still love the game mainly for it's design and game play. I collected most of the exotic weapons and armors, minus a few like Mythoclast, HOW stuff and what not. got all 3 of my characters to 400 and most of my gears too. it had been a fun 3 years and I had a lot of fun with D-GAF and lots of randoms, even got my Outbreak Prime through randoms. definitely going to get D2, thou not too sure yet on if I'm getting PS4 again or PC yet. I'll see you all after October ☺

Top Bottom