• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
It's the only mode in my book not finished (have 7/10). So boring.

Am instead just playing Crucible which has about the same drop rate of good Eyaslunas as the story missions.

I need to do one more and a quest then thats me done on the book.

Got my first Eyasluna last month with Sureshot, Outlaw, Explosive Rounds and Luck in the Chamber . Love it so much.

Got my first Eyasluna last month with Sureshot, Outlaw, Explosive Rounds and Luck in the Chamber . Love it so much.

Want another rifled barrel one for PvP; one I have can swap RB for ER and that's fine for PvE, though mostly I am using Fatebringer there. Want one with hidden hand, Icarus, and/or rangefinder (and rifled barrel).

No raid matchmaking is really confounding to me. I'm working my way through the DLC content now and I'd really like to try Vault of Glass and Crota's End but getting together a 6 man group, especially taking into account timezones etc. is going to be so difficult.

It won't be the easiest thing since most people want to play 390 VoG and CE. But with the link provided above and other similar sites (the100.io) you should be able to play.

Hit 40 today on my Titan got my first exotic off an engram and it's a Lucky Raspberry for a Hunter:(

Already at 260 light but it seems I got a long way to go.

Dthomp

Ugh I seriously want to keep playing and trying to enjoy this game, but every PVP game is either in progress (and you're way down), against a full fire team (cause that's fucking fun), or literally 95% of Destiny only uses the Palindrome...like why on earth even have other guns in the game since they suck and can't beat the Pali

Dez_

Ugh I seriously want to keep playing and trying to enjoy this game, but every PVP game is either in progress (and you're way down), against a full fire team (cause that's fucking fun), or literally 95% of Destiny only uses the Palindrome...like why on earth even have other guns in the game since they suck and can't beat the Pali

I mean, every week seems to have a god roll vendor Palindrome to buy. I wouldn't be surprised to see people have a collection of them by now.

I just play PvP for the weapons bounties, buti find it's all try hards at the moment. Try hards and red bars. Pump 3 to 4 shots, no kill, 2 shots from them, im dead. It's rage induncing. And then they teabag you. If i was doing great, i could understand, but im average at best. Played 15 games of clash yesterday, was on the winning team on 4 of them. At least 4 we lost when having a sizeable advantage and then getting murdered by red bars supers all over the place.

Lgndryhr

Now that I have jumped back in I noticed I have a lot of older items / materials in my inventory. I am unsure what is needed and not. I know it doesn't matter since we start fresh in Destiny 2, lol.

ramyeon

Did my first raid with the help of some great guys I found through The 100. It was just the vanilla version of Vault of Glass and as such was quite easy, but I loved all the different mechanics at play. The loot wasn't great but I ended up getting a cool shader (Chatterwhite) so I reckon it was worth it!

Now that I have jumped back in I noticed I have a lot of older items / materials in my inventory. I am unsure what is needed and not. I know it doesn't matter since we start fresh in Destiny 2, lol.

Year 1 materials can be traded for things like mote of light with the speaker. Currently useful materials are planet specific materials, legendary marks, weapon/armor materials and mote of light.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Did my first raid with the help of some great guys I found through The 100. It was just the vanilla version of Vault of Glass and as such was quite easy, but I loved all the different mechanics at play. The loot wasn't great but I ended up getting a cool shader (Chatterwhite) so I reckon it was worth it!

What is The 100? I may need help getting a full raid party when my friend and I are at level.

Kalamoj

I love when my MIDA or PDX-45 melts them when they try to get closer.
Not saying the palindrome is not strong, but far from invincible.

www.the100.io!

You can post games or join games, it's great. Although it requires you to kind of schedule ahead of time.

I like the scheduling aspect of it. I use DestinyLFG.net when I just want to fire off a raid. But if the 100 allows you to schedule for s specific time, that would be a great way to set up a Raid group for the future. I may try it for when I want to stream a raid.

Hit 40 today on my Titan got my first exotic off an engram and it's a Lucky Raspberry for a Hunter:(

Already at 260 light but it seems I got a long way to go.

Infuse it into your chest piece assuming it's higher than the one you have. Either that or break it down for shards. Or start a Hunter.

As for long way to go the candy in this game flows so much now you should hit 400 in no time. Then you'll be like me constantly be maxed out in inventory and what's on you because you can't delete shit.

Infuse it into your chest piece assuming it's higher than the one you have. Either that or break it down for shards. Or start a Hunter.

As for long way to go the candy in this game flows so much now you should hit 400 in no time. Then you'll be like me constantly be maxed out in inventory and what's on you because you can't delete shit.

Eh the hunt for the last pieces of 400 is still pretty annoying. My hunter gloves were stuck at 392 for like a month, took me a good 7-8 faction packages to finally get a 400 one.

You could've always done the abomination or brothers strike with a skeleton key for arms.

The Echo Chamber (PS exclusive strike) is also an option as the Strike Hoard Chest only gives out Warlock gauntlets (at least that's all I ever got there) which could be used for infusion fodder as well.

No more D1 updates is fine with me, but the beta better last two to three weeks at least. Or longer :p

I can't remember how long the Alpha/Beta lasted for Destiny (I wanna say like 5 days for each?) but I wouldn't expect the Destiny 2 Beta to be more than 5-7 days at most. I'm guessing a Thursday-to-Monday sometime in July.

I'm not expecting much more in regards to content in the Beta than what we've seen already but I would imagine we'll get part of a playable/explorable patrol area as well.

Edit: Looks like the Alpha was 4-5 days while the Beta timing regarding availability was a little more complicated...

"The Destiny Public Beta began on July 17, 2014 for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 platforms, before going offline for maintenance on July 21 and 22. On July 22, maintenance was completed ahead of schedule, and the Beta became available for Xbox 360 and Xbox One platforms, which were originally scheduled to gain access on July 23. On July 24, 2014, Bungie opened the Beta for free download to all players on all platforms, with no code redemption necessary. The Beta officially closed on July 27 at 6:30pm PDT."

I got a Hunter. He's not 40 yet but I might do that over the summer. It's the one class I haven't really played.

Just got Stormcaller on my Warlock, that's probably my favorite new subclass they added.

Trakan

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. They're announcing things at E3.

I mean, that's exactly what they say in the update. "You'll see what you saw at the initial reveal plus Arcstrider."

I would hope they have a new trailer at least to show though.

ramyeon

I was avoiding Crucible because I hate multiplayer shooters with equipment advantages, but holy crap it can be addictive. Shot through from early level 30s to level 40 playing it and doing bounties and I'm sitting at in the top 3 on my team for most matches. Love that everyone gets rewards no matter winner or loser as well.

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. They're announcing things at E3.

Things like? read below for how i came to the conclusion.

I mean, that's exactly what they say in the update. "You'll see what you saw at the initial reveal plus Arcstrider."

I would hope they have a new trailer at least to show though.

exactly. it sounds like theyre happy with giving the same Destiny 2 reveal gameplay but now with Arcstrider. their verbiage doesnt make me feel like suddenly we'll see what Lost Sectors look like or if we'll see any other strike. They may not even show the full menu yet. :/

I was avoiding Crucible because I hate multiplayer shooters with equipment advantages, but holy crap it can be addictive. Shot through from early level 30s to level 40 playing it and doing bounties and I'm sitting at in the top 3 on my team for most matches. Love that everyone gets rewards no matter winner or loser as well.

We have a saying in my clan for Crucible rewards, "third or worse" if you want to see the good stuff.

Kyoufu

exactly. it sounds like theyre happy with giving the same Destiny 2 reveal gameplay but now with Arcstrider. their verbiage doesnt make me feel like suddenly we'll see what Lost Sectors look like or if we'll see any other strike.

Beta dates, for one.

And of course there'll be new trailers. You think they're just going to brush off E3?

Got the game at launch and haven't played a single Crucible match for the same reasons lol.

exactly. it sounds like theyre happy with giving the same Destiny 2 reveal gameplay but now with Arcstrider. their verbiage doesnt make me feel like suddenly we'll see what Lost Sectors look like or if we'll see any other strike. They may not even show the full menu yet. :/

We have a saying in my clan for Crucible rewards, "third or worse" if you want to see the good stuff.

Worst works well for me :)

Top Bottom