• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Ok, do we get a completely new OT when D2 beta drops? Are we going to start from scratch on D2 with a new OT or have OT 50 onwards?

I know, slow day, watching the CL final and not much else to do...

Id assume "new game, new blood". Be welcoming GAF. And Xbox DGaf, let's actually do something this time....

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Id assume "new game, new blood". Be welcoming GAF. And Xbox DGaf, let's actually do something this time....

I never had luck finding people with Xbox DGAF. Most had their groups of 6 and I was always left out. Luckily got a group now so fully prepared for D2 when it comes to raids.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
After thinking I think Bungie should've made the game 60fps on consoles. Bring down the visuals a little to achieve it. I wouldn't care if it looked exactly like D1 if it ran at 60fps. Visuals are usually icing when it comes to a great playing game.

After thinking I think Bungie should've made the game 60fps on consoles. Bring down the visuals a little to achieve it. I wouldn't care if it looked exactly like D1 if it ran at 60fps. Visuals are usually icing when it comes to a great playing game.

Better visuals is a major marketing box to tick for general audiences though. And with the entertainment industry pushing out visual fidelity in tvs and monitors all over the place, it's something the general audience can understand.

FPS differences are something that people can feel when they play but it's harder to express that in a trailer without coming across like an infomercial.

In the end, as far as a selling point, better graphics reaches more people effectively than higher FPS does. Especially considering consoles are still the primary audience. I know many console FPS games are doing 60 now.. but the majority of their playerbases don't even realize it. They'll chalk up the difference in feel to the fact that these are new games. Not due frame rate.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

I normally wouldn't agree as console players tend to focus more on graphics than other things like FPS, but Destiny has a beautiful art style. I think Bungie could have gotten away with sacrificing the visuals some for better performance.

I never had luck finding people with Xbox DGAF. Most had their groups of 6 and I was always left out. Luckily got a group now so fully prepared for D2 when it comes to raids.

GT: Panama chief
2100+ hours in D1
I'll be off the whole release week of D2. if you need a plus 1 for anything, I'm down as long as my boys aren't on being carried on my back.

I was in same boat. Think issue was that Xbox DGaf was so split over multiple clans EU1 EU2 etc etc. It was difficult to get groups together and I ended up doing all my raiding via lfg.

Hopefully clans will resolve this. Your already on my friends list. GT: Djredline

Other point. What's best way to get a chest piece? It's the only thing I don't have at ll400 and would be nice to get my main warlock to max before d2.

I was in same boat. Think issue was that Xbox DGaf was so split over multiple clans EU1 EU2 etc etc. It was difficult to get groups together and I ended up doing all my raiding via lfg.

Hopefully clans will resolve this. Your already on my friends list. GT: Djredline

Other point. What's best way to get a chest piece? It's the only thing I don't have at ll400 and would be nice to get my main warlock to max before d2.

Raid or faction packages, don't think there are strike specific chest pieces from the skeleton key chests.

If you have a good amount of 3s you can always farm Draksis. All the ether seeds and banners you collect can be traded for glimmer and heavy ammo at variks, then take the heavy to your faction.

EL CUCO

If they would've done so, I wouldn't have built my new PC. But I wasnt about to spend another 2 and a half years playing Destiny in 30fps again, especially not while watching people on PC with all the bells and whistles lol

shermas

meaning 100 days to play anything else I want to play in the near future, as it won't get played anytime soon after D2 drops.

THIS.

I'm trying to fill my time with games I've neglected (forza horizon 3, Witcher 3, might buy hitman) because I've basically been playing destiny for three years.

I finally got the Vex a couple weeks ago and I really have nothing left to do. Seems weird to not be playing, even still

sn00zer

I kinda asked this before but would like a clearer answer.

My dad and I are in the low 30s after finishing the base game. We just recently bought the Collection. Will there be any difficulty playing the collection stiff or are we way overlevelled, i dont want it to be borinf and just fly through it.

FyreWulff

I kinda asked this before but would like a clearer answer.

My dad and I are in the low 30s after finishing the base game. We just recently bought the Collection. Will there be any difficulty playing the collection stiff or are we way overlevelled, i dont want it to be borinf and just fly through it.

you're about at the right level to play the Collection content. Even when you reach 40 you'll still have to work your light level up.

sn00zer

Okay...so how does mission structure work in the collection. I just received an official "go do this mission" for a mission we just finished.
EDIT: Nvm wasnt tracking poperly

I'm being emailed about the raids you've set up, but they've either been too early or I had prior engagements.

So whats the point of leveling at all?

Not being underleveled— various content is difficult if not impossible if your level/light level is not high enough. And you can be overleveled, it's just capped.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
A lot of the super popular games aren't exactly lookers even compared to Destiny 1 so visuals aren't the end all to selling games. With the rise in indies for years and Switch doing great that's even more apparent. I mean people are still going to get and play D2 regardless but I personally would now prefer if they went 60fps on consoles.

Like Cuco suggest, many are jumping over to the 60fps train. It being the main factor.

sn00zer

So flew through the Dark Below and House of Wolves and played the first mission of the Taken King. Woah Taken King is clearly a whole other beast altogether.....feels like an actual story this time.

Quick Taken King question.......what the fuck is happening in the opening? Why are the Awaken in some sort of war all of a sudden.....I thought we stopped the King-looking guy from even existing by killing his spirit in the Dark Below...am I missing something?

btw did not yet complete the Wolves and Dark Below optional strikes, so if the answers are there Ill just do those.

Also is there a good vid explaining what the fuck happened during Destiny? There seems like there is something neat there, I just have no idea what it is.

ramyeon

So flew through the Dark Below and House of Wolves and played the first mission of the Taken King. Woah Taken King is clearly a whole other beast altogether.....feels like an actual story this time.

Quick Taken King question.......what the fuck is happening in the opening? Why are the Awaken in some sort of war all of a sudden.....I thought we stopped the King-looking guy from even existing by killing his spirit in the Dark Below...am I missing something?

btw did not yet complete the Wolves and Dark Below optional strikes, so if the answers are there Ill just do those.

Also is there a good vid explaining what the fuck happened during Destiny? There seems like there is something neat there, I just have no idea what it is.
The Dark Below is all about Crota trying to return to power, which kind of all comes to a wrap in the Raid for the Dark Below expansion called Crota's End, where your fireteam kills Crota for good. The Taken King picks up a bit after that and revolves around Oryx, Crota's father, coming to take revenge on you and the guardians for killing his son and basically declaring war on the galaxy in the process.

I'm also going through TTK for the first time now and I'm loving it, so much more variation in missions. More cutscenes in the first few missions than the whole vanilla campaign, the Vanguard have personality holy shit. It's great.

If only I could drag myself away from the Crucible to finish it.

I'm also going through TTK for the first time now and I'm loving it, so much more variation in missions. More cutscenes in the first few missions than the whole vanilla campaign, the Vanguard have personality holy shit. It's great.

The 2nd mission with the crazy jumping in the Cosmodrome had me nearly hurl my controller through my TV. Of course I was on my hunter and I remembered why I hate the class and why I hate double jump even more. Beat it on my warlock and it was much better.

But TTK is much better. If only the original game was that good at launch.

ramyeon

The 2nd mission with the crazy jumping in the Cosmodrome had me nearly hurl my controller through my TV. Of course I was on my hunter and I remembered why I hate the class and why I hate double jump even more. Beat it on my warlock and it was much better.

But TTK is much better. If only the original game was that good at launch.
Really? I'm playing Hunter and find I have way more control over my jumps than Warlocks do. When I did Vault of Glass I got the jumping section with the disappearing blocks and the narrow walkways first time but the Warlock we were with really struggled. I use triple jump with Hunter, I think the only time I died in that second mission was when the bridge I was on suddenly collapsed and I couldn't seem to get out in time.

Insaniac

anyone wanna help me and my group with VoG hard/challenge mode? we're pretty experienced, never finished atheon challenge. We need person PSN TheLintendo

welp nvm we got a team

Really? I'm playing Hunter and find I have way more control over my jumps than Warlocks do. When I did Vault of Glass I got the jumping section with the disappearing blocks and the narrow walkways first time but the Warlock we were with really struggled. I use triple jump with Hunter, I think the only time I died in that second mission was when the bridge I was on suddenly collapsed and I couldn't seem to get out in time.

I hate the Hunter jump. Maybe I'm just using it wrong but I just suck at it. Any serious jump to be made ... splat. I died 30+ times on that cosmodrome mission.

With my Warlock and Titan I can jump pretty much where I want no problem. Just works better for me.

I hate the Hunter jump. Maybe I'm just using it wrong but I just suck at it. Any serious jump to be made ... splat. I died 30+ times on that cosmodrome mission.

With my Warlock and Titan I can jump pretty much where I want no problem. Just works better for me.

On the contrary I found Hunter's jumps extremely easy to control, especially when you spec the more in air control, with Bones of Eao adding a third jump, but Titan's lift is just frustrating at times. Don't have a warlock though so I can't comment on that.

On the contrary I found Hunter's jumps extremely easy to control, especially when you spec the more in air control, with Bones of Eao adding a third jump, but Titan's lift is just frustrating at times. Don't have a warlock though so I can't comment on that.
Hunter and Titan jump were fine for me, but I'd fuck up the Warlock's jump more often than not. :lol

I'll be back for Destiny 2 on Xbone. Haven't even done WotM or any of the upgraded Raids yet. Might try and do them once during the summer.

Finished book, ordered shirt. D1 all done.
I'll help whenever, but I can move on until D2.

Reinstalled Warframe, and holy fuck is it different.

Always wanted to play it. Never really gave it a chance.

I also ordered the shirt but still want to do a couple Raids. Atleast get all the raid gear for a character.

I hope I can manage to finish the book before August. Just around 70% done if I remember correctly, with raid nodes and such missing.

Anyone up for a NF on PS4?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Game is so dead didn't realize IB is this week. And only a handful of people are on.

Ewwww. It's supremacy. -=goes back to Tekken=-

is there a decent strategy for me and my step brother to get the spire going for vault of glass with it being just the two of us?

Use LFG or The 100 or GAF to find a group? Or was your intent to just get a checkpoint inside the raid?

Anyway, one person defends left, the other middle. There are four enemy spawn locations, two left, two right. The closest pair to the middle will send enemies to the middle, so kill them quickly. It's only minotaurs that can take over a plate as well.

Or you can cheese it by hanging out in a nearby zone.

Use LFG or The 100 or GAF to find a group? Or was your intent to just get a checkpoint inside the raid?

Anyway, one person defends left, the other middle. There are four enemy spawn locations, two left, two right. The closest pair to the middle will send enemies to the middle, so kill them quickly. It's only minotaurs that can take over a plate as well.

Or you can cheese it by hanging out in a nearby zone.

Was just seeing if it was viable to unlock the vault with just the two of us ^^ I'll try your suggestion next time we play!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
HOLY COW! Taken King missions are very Haloish. These are the missions I wanted when Destiny first came out. If Destiny 2 is full of mission quality like Taken King, it'll be one of my favorite games.

Bold One

Bungie really needs up the enemy AI in the PVE in D2. Seriously, over shield and teleporting doesn't make the enemies challenging, just annoying.

Mindlog

Oh man. Star Track Online has competitive PvE. Imagine a strike with branching paths and randomized objectives where you see the other team and Ikora is keeping track of your progress.

This low budget MMO is doing so many cool things.
Souring a bit on the sameness of Destiny 2. I want competitive Strikes.

ramyeon

I might be in the minority, but I'm so glad Crucible rewards are seemingly random and not tied to win/lose or performance. Hope this carries over to D2.

Trakan

I might be in the minority, but I'm so glad Crucible rewards are seemingly random and not tied to win/lose or performance. Hope this carries over to D2.

It's awful game design. A guy can sit in a corner or not play the objective and get the best reward of anybody.

Top Bottom