• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So it's WotM week again, is anyone who was in the last time it was up on board for a challenge mode attempt/newbie raid?

I'd actually like to do one "newbie challenge raid" apiece for all four as a way to say farewell to Destiny 1 and three great years with DGAF. This will be quite challenging for players who have actually never done the raid and helpers are welcome of course.

so I have three D1 characters. I want to get everything for playing the first game but I REALLY hate my Titans face. can I re-roll and still get my stuff? or am I stuck with butterface female titan forever?

Gragen

so I have three D1 characters. I want to get everything for playing the first game but I REALLY hate my Titans face. can I re-roll and still get my stuff? or am I stuck with butterface female titan forever?

If it's in the book you're good. Delete titan and get er dun the way you want. Just gotta spend the 6 or 8 hours to level high enough to finish black garden mission.

Personally though, screw that. Just make a new Titan Sept. 6. If you don't like current face what's the point of not making a new one in D2 because as far as I know all things you did in D1 that comes with you to D2 are from the books.

If it's in the book you're good. Delete titan and get er dun the way you want. Just gotta spend the 6 or 8 hours to level high enough to finish black garden mission.

Personally though, screw that. Just make a new Titan Sept. 6. If you don't like current face what's the point of not making a new one in D2 because as far as I know all things you did in D1 that comes with you to D2 are from the books.

Yeah I will prob just re-roll when the game comes out.

Thanks

FyreWulff

Are you paying for XBL & PSN?

Right now? Yep. But apparently the D2 Beta does not require paying for either according to the update:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46062/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--7132017

"Players are not required to have an active PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Subscription to engage with the Destiny 2 Beta."

they also have a pre-beta buglist

Known Issues Preview
As this is a Beta build, some issues will be present and may impact gameplay. Please note the following:
Players may experience a variety of networking error codes when attempting to play the Beta
Bungie will be testing server stability throughout the Beta, which may cause error codes to appear periodically
Location names sometimes do not appear during Crucible gameplay
Players sometimes are Kicked to Orbit after witnessing a black screen when entering a Countdown match
Players may sometimes be placed at the beginning of the Inverted Spire Strike Activity when joining in progress
Sandbox balancing is still taking place: Some weapons or abilities may have higher or lower damage than intended
Not all content has been localized in all languages
If you encounter any network related issues during the Destiny 2 Beta, please follow our Network Troubleshooting Guide to ensure proper network settings for Destiny gameplay.

Right now? Yep. But apparently the D2 Beta does not require paying for either according to the update:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46062/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--7132017

"Players are not required to have an active PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Subscription to engage with the Destiny 2 Beta."

they also have a pre-beta buglist

So I burned my 14 day trial?

Wow.

Someone hand me an L, please.

gyMraUQ.png

Dez_

Good games, Kadey. Crucible is full of palindromes, icebreakers, and fusion grenades from my perspective, but it's still possible to have some fun despite all the frustrating deaths.

McArkus

Good games, Kadey. Crucible is full of palindromes, icebreakers, and fusion grenades from my perspective, but it's still possible to have some fun despite all the frustrating deaths.

Yeah, felt quite powerless in some games and started to play even worse. It feels so inefficient to use something else, which I try to do each time we play.

GlamFM

Banned
I have an icon that says Destiny 2 on my PS4. Feels surreal.

Do we know when exactly it unlocks?

Reset time maybe?

EDIT: Nope, 10am pacific.

Saiyan-Rox

Sorry for being out of the loop with destiny I stopped playing over a year ago due to being pissed off at the price of one of the dlc I think it was the same price for current owners and new owners got everything for the same price but that's not what I'm posting about.

Basically I wanna jump back in but literally remember nothing about my characters or items so question is if I delete all my characters will I still have access to my collectors edition skins and stuff? Like the sparrow skins and ghost etc I got from the ghost edition?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
A movement is a good defense. I see a lot of people standing still which is an easy way to get domed. Just constantly move and put yourself on ground where there is less angles for you to get shot at while you can shoot someone. Just have awareness all together.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The store of my preference gave me a code that was already redeemed and now tells me to contact Bungie, ffs.

Then you cancel the order and tell them to shove it up their ass, unless you got a really good deal on the game.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Have them said what is included in the premium digital content pack or the pre-order bonus content?

I'm looking to preorder this digitally.

I hate the entire concept of preordering and double, triple hate preordering anything digital but I want to play the beta....

Trying to figure out what could possibly be included in this deluxe bundle to warrant an extra $10.

Lee

Probably safest to transfer over your titan so you don't lose any record book progress tied to that character. Once transferred and you have the rewards on D2, delete and re-create.

Have them said what is included in the premium digital content pack or the pre-order bonus content?

I hate the entire concept of preordering and double, triple hate preordering anything digital but I want to play the beta....

Trying to figure out what could possibly be included in this deluxe bundle to warrant an extra $10.

itsfuckingnothing.gif

This emblem, legendary sword, and finger gun emote (also check out the Vibram 2-finger shoes and that legendary bulge)

8b331604f1d78b184d27845025b418df-d20170425-001_Blizzard_Shop_FeatureThumb_05_DDE_items.jpg

Tovarisc

From PC version, but I imagine it's same on consoles...

P0xcgKO.png

I really really really really really really really really really really love the menu and animations for the D2 BETA.

The white theme is so fucking good with Destiny's UI aesthetic

Jesus Kadey, stop taking me to dangerous places. Being 2 shot from anywere in the map is some douchery all on it's own. I feel safer surrounded by red bars....😀

Open beta is available without pre order.

Fathead

Your not the only one. 10 of my PSN friends were "now playing" this an hour ago.

Told one of our friends that we had early beta access this weekend. He completely bought it from seeing the status as Destiny 2 Beta and is pissed that he didn't get an "early" code.

Number45

For some reason the beta won't download for me. Starts downloading then says cannot download. :-/

EDIT: Tried again after posting and it's working. 🙄

Yeah, felt quite powerless in some games and started to play even worse. It feels so inefficient to use something else, which I try to do each time we play.
It sucks hearing nothing but Pali's and Ice Breakers every match. One guy killed me with a Vex, and I actually felt relieved lol. Ive been getting killed through walls a lot too; hope D2 makes some good changes to net code for pvp but not holding my breath.

ramyeon

just fyi killing people with the empty handle counts
It's really hard to get kills with that in Crucible though.

Edit: Up to 7 now. You really have to catch people off guard to get kills with the hilt. My KD ratio is going to be shit after this haha.

Edit: This quest line just keeps going and going huh? Back to farming mats on the Moon.

Top Bottom