• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Dynomutt

It's really hard to get kills with that in Crucible though.

Edit: Up to 7 now. You really have to catch people off guard to get kills with the hilt. My KD ratio is going to be shit after this haha.

Edit: This quest line just keeps going and going huh? Back to farming mats on the Moon.

Jump in with a friend and trade blows. That's what I did I ain't got time for that.

Did anyone listen to the latest Fireteam Chat podcast? Supposedly in D2 the Warlock can control/cancel the Nova bomb. Don't know what this exactly means but can't wait to test it.

Give it up for...

k6tUWUA.jpg

... how many more days?

ramyeon

Jump in with a friend and trade blows. That's what I did I ain't got time for that.

Did anyone listen to the latest Fireteam Chat podcast? Supposedly in D2 the Warlock can control/cancel the Nova bomb. Don't know what this exactly means but can't wait to test it.
Didn't think of that.

At 95% for ability kills now... this has taken ages.

broony

I didn't take what they said as cancel, if I remember right they said you could stop it. Like stop the purple ball and detonate and split it off. Wonder if you can steer it as well and maybe speed it up.

ramyeon

Once I get the exotic sword quest/strike on Arms Day does it have to be completed that day?

This arms day basically falls on the same day I'll be playing the D2 beta so I can't imagine I'll want to do it then.

Once I get the exotic sword quest/strike on Arms Day does it have to be completed that day?

This arms day basically falls on the same day I'll be playing the D2 beta so I can't imagine I'll want to do it then.

Nope, you can complete it whenever you want! There's no limit on it's availability a la Sleeper Simulant.

Nodnol

Morning DGAF.

I'm going to take the plunge and pick up TTK and RoI to experience the single player stuff primarily, to keep me busy.

Should I just pick up both at once? Or TTK, play that, then RoI? Am I just capping myself by picking up TTK?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't see that you can't but ROI separately. What's that about!?

Edit edit: Yeah I'm an idiot. Think RoI will see a price drop soon?

Fun, but a title like this will probably derail a thread from the very first reply.
But fun is the most important thing in a title.

Besides, it's a beta thread, so once the actual beta starts, the conversation will go from "omg it's live!" And then into impressions/thoughts/questions

GlamFM

Banned
But fun is the most important thing in a title.

Besides, it's a beta thread, so once the actual beta starts, the conversation will go from "omg it's live!" And then into impressions/thoughts/questions

Keep in mind this thread will be in the gaming section...

That's true!

But remember that D2 will be (at least one of) the biggest games of the year. The moment the beta goes live, the thread will be flooded by people talking about the content of the beta itself, and most likely drown out the stupid "debate" that Destiny is a true sequel or not.

At least I hope.

Exactly. So there's going to be naysayers regardless.

More seriously, it doesn't matter much what the subtitle is. If people want a less contentious subtitle, it's understandable. TG will come up with something, I'm sure.

Dynomutt

I didn't take what they said as cancel, if I remember right they said you could stop it. Like stop the purple ball and detonate and split it off. Wonder if you can steer it as well and maybe speed it up.

OK I see. I wonder it it will be one of the percs in the ability tree or a default for all Nova Bombs. I know it can split into three now. Can't wait.

Tell the truth Gaf how many of you have left the Beta at the title screen for the music? Tuesday can't come soon enough.

If I was a mod I would only allow well articulated shitposting in the thread. Not looking forward to the drivebys, but I'll still put some effort into the thread.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Honestly I think the things we should worry more about is quality of life stuff. I can only imagine how solo players feel when they get into games that are unwinnable mid match, or having people idling, people quitting even when winning, people lagging, etc.

I always try to get at least one or two people to play with because that helps a lot with the former. The more people in your fireteam the less likely you'll get put into matches already started.

Nodnol

Man, playing TTK for the first time is quite an experience. It's like playing a new game...almost.

Yeah the cinematics are cool, but the biggest thing is how it shakes up the progression, particularly in terms of how varied the quest-givers are. Everyone is giving me shit to do! I completed 'Regicide' and expected that to be it. I was wrong. It's simple, but it works. Feels like I'm turning over new pages all the time, instead of going from A to B to C.

So many things in vanilla Destiny felt redundant, the quest progression very simple and the different NPCs almost pointless...TTK goes a long way to address some of that.

It's got my really excited for D2.

Totally depends on what you have left to do.

That are within my skills: Nightfalls, Heroic Strikes, Precision Kills in Strikes, Raids, Grenade kills as Hunter and most of Titan's Will and Warlock's Path. Then there are the Crucible, Trials and Collection nodes.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i think that's me done with Destiny 1 now.

i originally played at launch but gave up because raids were such a hassle to get into. got back into it recently and bought all the expansions so have been playing through them. just finished the rise of iron campaign. there is still a lot of content i could play but at this point i'm not up for it. it's just mostly strikes/raids and pvp stuff. i enjoyed strikes but i've played them countless times already so that's ok.

can't wait to get started on D2. i really hope raids are easy to get into this time. i played all content the game had except raids in D1 and enjoyed it.

i think that's me done with Destiny 1 now.

i originally played at launch but gave up because raids were such a hassle to get into. got back into it recently and bought all the expansions so have been playing through them. just finished the rise of iron campaign. there is still a lot of content i could play but at this point i'm not up for it. it's just mostly strikes/raids and pvp stuff. i enjoyed strikes but i've played them countless times already so that's ok.

can't wait to get started on D2. i really hope raids are easy to get into this time. i played all content the game had except raids in D1 and enjoyed it.

Someone here wanted to re-run all the Raids again with mostly first-timers so look back through the last couple of pages and you'll find them. If I were you I would at least try to experience each one in some capacity whether through to completion (preferably) or not as they are definitely worth it.

panda-zebra

Man, playing TTK for the first time is quite an experience. It's like playing a new game...almost.

Yeah the cinematics are cool, but the biggest thing is how it shakes up the progression, particularly in terms of how varied the quest-givers are. Everyone is giving me shit to do! I completed 'Regicide' and expected that to be it. I was wrong. It's simple, but it works. Feels like I'm turning over new pages all the time, instead of going from A to B to C.

So many things in vanilla Destiny felt redundant, the quest progression very simple and the different NPCs almost pointless...TTK goes a long way to address some of that.

It's got my really excited for D2.

I wanted to dip my toe back into Destiny before the sequel/beta and did a similar thing, picked up the complete collection and found myself with a map full of stuff lighting up and no end of stuff to go at. The amount of story content with chatty asides and mini missions were really welcome, felt much more like a complete game than a framework for one (that I still absolutely loved at the time). Very excited for Destiny 2 now, but feel like I've no doubt been spoiled having had 3 expansions worth of game to go at in a week, wishing I'd have held back and done a lot less power levelling just for the sake of it though.

Yeah, the current iteration of Destiny is nearly three years worth of content with four different Raids (that you can play currently in meaningful ways with up to current LL rewards) with a ton of Strikes and multiplayer maps outside of the main story campaigns from vanilla to Rise of Iron and all the Patrol stuff (three original planets, one moon, and two additional playspaces from the expansions). Also, consider modes like Prison/Challenge of the Elders and SRL Racing.

Which leads me to the idea that a lot of players are going to have to reign in their expectations a bit just for the fact that Destiny 2 is going to seem a lot thinner content wise than what we have been used to over the last few months with the AoT update. Hopefully, there are improvements concerning content and replayability with the addition of Lost Sectors, Adventures, Difficulty Modifiers, etc but the fact still remains that we will have one meaningful Raid, one story campaign, eight or so (give or take) Strikes, and whatever the initial game ships with regarding multiplayer maps/modes. A meatier story campaign all-around and more ways to explore and more stuff to do in the Patrol areas will help a bit but Bungie is already up against it considering what the current player-base is used to (four Raids, etc).

Top Bottom