• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Spawnling

So uh, what does option one delete group mean? Don't get it. Both options deletes group?

7cdwkhC.png

Groups and Clans are two separate entities.

If you opt to upgrade to a D2 Clan, your current Group setup will be deleted (thus migrating to the new system). D2 Clans is a new database, it needs a new home, separately from your Group to operate. If you choose to make this transition, your Group setup will be deleted from Bungie.net and migrated over to this new system. Groups will no longer be supported through the Destiny Mobile App, but Clans will be (it's mentioned at the bottom of the help guide).

If you opt to leave as a Group your Clan Roster will be deleted from your current Group (while leaving the Group intact).

Oh are we moving to battle.net or whatever?

I have three groups and I picked the first one for them all.

I would guess that whatever system they have now for Clans and Groups isn't able to support the implementation of the new Clan features like Guided Games or the Clan achievement/challenges/whatever they'll be officially called.

So this just allows people to either migrate their current clan roster wholesale or if the Group is larger than the Clan cap, just reserves the Clan Name while leaving the Group as is, so you can re-recruit as needed under the new system.

FyreWulff

Only Group Founders will see this button. If you are the Group Founder and still don't see this, there are reported issues of IE (Internet Explorer) having trouble displaying it. I would try using Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/229473986?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=2

ah, that explains it, since the account that actually founded the group was my previous Bungie account from the Halo 2 era that I believe is technically an orphaned account now. ah well.

Spawnling

I would guess that whatever system they have now for Clans and Groups isn't able to support the implementation of the new Clan features like Guided Games or the Clan achievement/challenges/whatever they'll be officially called.

So this just allows people to either migrate their current clan roster wholesale or if the Group is larger than the Clan cap, just reserves the Clan Name while leaving the Group as is, so you can re-recruit as needed under the new system.

That's exactly it. Some Groups literally have thousands of members. If I was a Founder in that, I would probably keep the Group as is, then make separate Clans depending on how many members want to Clan it up, each having their own unique name.

Mindlog

So on a scale of Omnigul 1.0 (difficulty through overwhelming damage leading to tedium) to Fear's Embrace (difficulty through rapid arena changes, enemy spawns, moving cover and more all leading to the realization of how great Destiny encounters can be when designed with some chutzpah)... Where we at?

I had previously been concerned with the detrimental effects PvP movement nerfs would have on PvE. I skate/floofed everywhere. Hunter's only saving grace was practicing jumps that barely made ledges. Concerns unfounded?

Can sparrows still fly?

-swiggity swooty.

Lee

That's exactly it. Some Groups literally have thousands of members. If I was a Founder in that, I would probably keep the Group as is, then make separate Clans depending on how many members want to Clan it up, each having their own unique name.

Will I be able to a member of more than one clan in Destiny 2? Meaning, is there an option to be a member of a clan without being on the clan roster/wearing the clan tag (like now, being in a group but not part of the clan). It feels like we need to just choose one clan at any given time, but I figured I would ask.

Also, is that one clan per platform? So can I be in one clan on Xbox, a different clan on PS4, and a third clan on PC? Or am I limited to one clan per Bungie.net account?

Pre-ordered Digital Deluxe PC version this morning through Battle.net to go along with the same Xbox version previously pre-ordered. If it's anything like the first game then pre-load for Xbox should go up within the next 10 days or so.

In any case not long to go now, just under 6 weeks.

Super excited to check it out at 21:9 ultrawide and 60 FPS with M/KB.

I very much think you missed my point.

I think I speak for every single person who has posted in this thread when I say that if they relaunch Eververse with a bunch of new emotes and we can still only equip a single one, that's absolutely ridiculous.

It has been shown so far that this is true, you can only equip 1. It can change come vanilla but like i said, you can't speak for me because I care 0 about equipping multiple emotes for my reasons mentioned. I would only care if more important matters were fixed first.

darthbob

BWU time folks

PC Edition

Destiny 2 PC Beta
Early Access: August 28
Open Beta: August 29
Beta Ends: August 31

Minimum Requirements
We know you want to know what you’ll need to play. This question has been floating on the winds of the Internet ever since we finally uttered a sentence with the words “Destiny” and “PC” and “Yes!”

The following are the specs for what you’ll need to build to participate.

Recommended Spec
CPU
Intel - Core i5-2400
AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X

GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970
AMD - Radeon R9 390

RAM
8GB

Minimum Spec
CPU
Intel - Core i3-3250
AMD - FX-4350

GPU
Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB
AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB

RAM
6GB

Not really.

Not liking that PC get 2-3 days vs. console 6 to 8.

August 28-31 = 4 days.

Plus, it may be extended a day or two and if it is the same as the console Beta (and we know it will be as well as a very old build) then that is plenty of time considering the minuscule amount of content and setup (no progression, no patrol, just 3 separate game mods).

Ruze789

BWU said:
Next week, the Iron Lords will host their very last competition in the Destiny 1 Crucible. It’s the end of an era! One more time, you’re invited to Felwinter Peak to collect some Bounties and let your Light run wild in the Iron Banner. The circle will close where it began. The game is Control. You’ll discover the rewards in the offing when you visit Efrideet.

I forgot there was one more D1 IB... I haven't played since Feb but I'll definitely be playing some of that Banner. D2 didn't click with me at all so I'd love to get a little more of my favorite activity in before it's all gone.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hey anyone have info on Destiny 2?

Like what changes and activities, like a summary?

Need to link it to one of my cousins

Did they also say if Glimmer is not capped?...
Don't want to be stuck with 25,000 Glimmer bullshit again.

I'm guessing I'm farming the first week to see what's cap, aren't I

Fuck I just realized I am gonna miss launch week for D2. Wife and I are going to New Jersey for a wedding September 6th-11th.

Although I am super excited to see my cousin get married, not being there for launch is going to suck...so much.

Damn, Bungie/IGN, somebody...give us something Destiny 2 related to talk about.

I'd really like some info on character progression, currencies, infusion, weapon/gear mods, etc.

Hey anyone have info on Destiny 2?

Like what changes and activities, like a summary?

Need to link it to one of my cousins

Did they also say if Glimmer is not capped?...
Don't want to be stuck with 25,000 Glimmer bullshit again.

I'm guessing I'm farming the first week to see what's cap, aren't I

Bungie hasn't said what the cap is outright, but there has been an inventory screen capped showing 99,999+ glimmer. My Google-fu isn't good enough/I'm too lazy to find the image.

Lee

The original NeoGaF group still exists, it still has 2,200 members in it. :)

Yeah I saw that. 2235 members. Looks like Raishin is the founder so it's up to him what happens to that. Probably makes sense to leave it as a group rather than migrate as a clan and kick 2135 people out of it, but it seems like there really isn't much of a purpose for having large groups like that in D2. Still nice to have a solid GAF presence on B.net.

While on the topic, any DGAF Xbox players getting D2 should definitely join the Club on Xbox. Should make finding a group easier through the built in LFG system, but I'm sure the OT will serve that purpose like it has in the past.

Also, I'm working with FrsDvl to transfer the DestinyGAF Xbox clan on B.net over to D2. If anyone on Xbox is clan-less, feel free to join. Hopefully we can get a couple dozen folks in there for whatever the mysterious "clan rewards" are. (Hint: Probably nothing worthwhile).

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/207161

I'll try to get a link to both put in the Destiny 2 OT to catch folks' attention when the game launches, but doesn't hurt to plan ahead.

Trakan

Bungie did an "AMA" with IGN. Here's a couple of standouts:

IGN user Ranondra asks: Will our characters remain mute through the sequel?
Destiny 2 Game Director Luke Smith: Yep.

IGN user lxl_Linc_lxl asks: Are there any multi passenger vehicles?
Luke Smith: Nope.

IGN user BlackSuitSpider asks: With the Resilience, Recovery, & Agility on the armor now, will the armor have a visual look to it that reflects the boosts on it? For example, High Resilience - Heavy Armor, High Agility - Sleeker, Thinner armor.
Luke Smith: With each piece of armor, the design team considered its visuals before assigning stats to it. For instance, armor that looks thick and defensive armor is assigned the Heavy designation, which prioritizes Resilience and Recovery. Our goal with Resilience, Recovery, and Mobility is that these are stats players can feel while they are playing, e.g., a High Mobility Warlock running a Lightweight weapon is going to zoom around the battlefield more than a Warlock who has prioritized Resilience or Recovery. Adding additional Resilience, Recovery, or Mobility to a piece of armor is just one use for the much-discussed mod slot on armor in Destiny 2.

So it seems like no transmog. Disappointing.

Blueblur1

The mute protagonist decision is ridiculous, IMO. In the ending of the first mission any possible gravitas is gone when you see your guardian flailing with no audible anguish. That coupled with all the awful dialogue we've heard thus far makes D2 appear to be a regression in story and cinematics.

The mute protagonist decision is ridiculous, IMO. In the ending of the first mission any possible gravitas is gone when you see your guardian flailing with no audible anguish. That coupled with all the awful dialogue we've heard thus far makes D2 appear to be a regression in story and cinematics.

Surprised at this myself.

With the declaration that D2 would be more cinematic, more cut scenes, more story - the absence of a guardian voice will be even more noticeable and odd.

Yeah I saw that. 2235 members. Looks like Raishin is the founder so it's up to him what happens to that. Probably makes sense to leave it as a group rather than migrate as a clan and kick 2135 people out of it, but it seems like there really isn't much of a purpose for having large groups like that in D2. Still nice to have a solid GAF presence on B.net.

While on the topic, any DGAF Xbox players getting D2 should definitely join the Club on Xbox. Should make finding a group easier through the built in LFG system, but I'm sure the OT will serve that purpose like it has in the past.

Also, I'm working with FrsDvl to transfer the DestinyGAF Xbox clan on B.net over to D2. If anyone on Xbox is clan-less, feel free to join. Hopefully we can get a couple dozen folks in there for whatever the mysterious "clan rewards" are. (Hint: Probably nothing worthwhile).

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/207161

I'll try to get a link to both put in the Destiny 2 OT to catch folks' attention when the game launches, but doesn't hurt to plan ahead.

Already a member of the club but just sent request for the clan.

Top Bottom