• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Wagon. Minivan is too good for it to be called that.

NjpmOM2.jpg

Pretty sure there's a shader to match.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That wagon is still too nice. I'm thinking more of Ewok wagon. Slow as dirt and would take five hours to get around the map.

You even have one ework as a nightstalker and one as an arcstrider. And you have the other team trying to team shoot in the background with matching oufits, emblems and shader.

V4fc8ms.jpg

That wagon is still too nice. I'm thinking more of Ewok wagon. Slow as dirt and would take five hours to get around the map.

You even have one ework as a nightstalker and one as an arcstrider. And you have the other team trying to team shoot in the background with matching oufits, emblems and shader.

V4fc8ms.jpg

lol - not bad!

Dthomp

God damn these PVP games are trash these days. 3 straight games with not full teams at start and we play at a disadvantage the whole game. Tons of fun Bungie, can't wait for a sequel that will fix all these problems that you haven't spent these 3 years fixing, but here's to unwarranted blind faith I guess?

Edit- Make that 4 straight games playing a man down...

Edit2- Solo cue for the last hour and a half without a win, I need 1 win to finish out my FWC Class Item on my titan otherwise I may have snapped my disc in half after the sheer amount of fuckery today in the crucible. If people drop out this bad here, can't wait to see it in D2 with 4x4

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All you have to do is spam grenades and supers all day like the people complaining about D1 PVP are saying.

I think I may have encounter a cheater. Ran into my grenade, took a full clip from and then I melee him and he still lived. I thought I was playing the D2 beta.

Night! Thanks for the ride.

That last match was wonky...I had yellow bar half the time and my super would come out later than I pressed a couple times.

UCBooties

Ok, suuuuuper late to the party here.

I bought the complete collection a while ago on PS4 and I finally dug into it. This weekend I hit Level 40 and now I'm grinding for gear. There are still a few story missions I haven't completed, but the game says I need a higher gear level for them. Should I just be running crucible and strikes or is there a better use of my time?

Also, I tried Prison of the Elders because I want to complete the House of Wolves content and it put me in a match alone. Do I need a fireteam pre-made for that or is the mode just dead from no one playing it?

This weekend I hit Level 40 and now I'm grinding for gear. There are still a few story missions I haven't completed, but the game says I need a higher gear level for them. Should I just be running crucible and strikes or is there a better use of my time?

Both the strike playlist and crucible will get you gear to level you up. Always have your highest level stuff equipped when getting loot (from walking over decrypted stuff, post-game drops, decrypting engrams, etc). If you want to further speed it along, hoard your engrams and decrypt them when they're for your lowest light level slot— equip new gear and repeat. Use legendary marks to get 350 LL equipment from tower vendors.

The last story missions are probably the Rise of Iron ones.

I tried Prison of the Elders because I want to complete the House of Wolves content and it put me in a match alone. Do I need a fireteam pre-made for that or is the mode just dead from no one playing it?

Prison of Elders has matchmaking (if anyone is playing), Challenge of Elders doesn't (latter is the one you need a ticket from Variks for).

UCBooties

Both the strike playlist and crucible will get you gear to level you up. Always have your highest level stuff equipped when getting loot (from walking over decrypted stuff, post-game drops, decrypting engrams, etc). If you want to further speed it along, hoard your engrams and decrypt them when they're for your lowest light level slot— equip new gear and repeat. Use legendary marks to get 350 LL equipment from tower vendors.

The last story missions are probably the Rise of Iron ones.

Prison of Elders has matchmaking (if anyone is playing), Challenge of Elders doesn't (latter is the one you need a ticket from Variks for).

Good stuff, thank you for the answer. I'm also getting stuck on a mission in the Vault of Glass (can't look up the name right now) that is Hard difficulty only and is several waves of Fallen. Should I try to find a group or just come back when I have better gear?

I really want to finish the story missions so I can get all the Faction bounties going.

McArkus

Good stuff, thank you for the answer. I'm also getting stuck on a mission in the Vault of Glass (can't look up the name right now) that is Hard difficulty only and is several waves of Fallen. Should I try to find a group or just come back when I have better gear?

I really want to finish the story missions so I can get all the Faction bounties going.

Maybe is the Wolfs Gambit mission? If I remember correctly, you can climb the stone pillar to the left near the black door to the left and take shots from there after the oracles phase.

UCBooties

Maybe is the Wolfs Gambit mission? If I remember correctly, you can climb the stone pillar to the left near the black door to the left and take shots from there after the oracles phase.

It's actually the one after the mission with the oracles. It's the same area and at least 3 waves of Fallen.

Base level and level 42 Prison of Elders both have Matchmaking. Everything else does not.

Yeah, I know it didn't initially as I played PoE (Skolas Edition) more than VoG and CE combined but I thought maybe that was changed recently and I didn't know about it.

I wish they would've brought PoE and especially the Skolas encounter up to current LL (I really want a 400 LL fast RoF Elemental Wolves' Leash scout) with the AoT update just as they did with the legacy Raids.

Skolas, CM Oryx, and CM Aksis are my 3 favorite encounters in the game. CM Atheon is right there too after the AoT update.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Evening All!

I left Destiny shortly after The Taken King had come out after completing the story and (partly) completing the raid.

However playing the new beta left me wanting to return to the tower, so I picked up the Rise of Iron dlc and on first look, it seems like quite a lot has changed,
it looks like they bought the old raids back with a new difficulty and new rewards?

My opinion on the rise of iron dlc was that it was quite a nice expansion and it was pretty neat to explore more of the past lore of destiny in regards to Saladin and the iron lords.
The new social area is nice and I really liked the medieval flair of the armor.

I'm glad to once again be back in this community and I look forward to experiencing Destiny 2 with you all.

LTWood12

Evening All!

I left Destiny shortly after The Taken King had come out after completing the story and (partly) completing the raid.

However playing the new beta left me wanting to return to the tower, so I picked up the Rise of Iron dlc and on first look, it seems like quite a lot has changed,
it looks like they bought the old raids back with a new difficulty and new rewards?

My opinion on the rise of iron dlc was that it was quite a nice expansion and it was pretty neat to explore more of the past lore of destiny in regards to Saladin and the iron lords.
The new social area is nice and I really liked the medieval flair of the armor.

I'm glad to once again be back in this community and I look forward to experiencing Destiny 2 with you all.

Yep they definitely streamlined a lot of the grind in the last year. The old raids returned this spring for the "Age of Triumph," sort of Destiny 1's last hurrah. Glad to see folks come back! Next month is going to be a blast.

I stayed up until 3 AM grinding out ghost fragments and siva clusters for the 5000 grimoire emblem in Destiny 2 😪

Congrats! I final grinded it out last week. Collecting ghosts was a drag. But now I have all the emblems for Destiny 2. Now I can just do the last Iron Banner and be done with Destiny 1. Maybe I'll stream each raid as a homage to Destiny 1.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So uh, according to this interview, both Rumble AND Clash are gone:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gam...anges-Lars-Bakken-Trials-of-Osiris-PTR-eSport

And are you going to be looking at how you can rework those larger crucible games like Rumble and Clash which were 6v6, or are they gone complet...

Lars Bakken: It’s gone.

Right, so it's not something you guys might revisit or rework in the future? Like could we see 6v6 return, but maybe on a larger map?

Lars Bakken: I think at this point it would be very difficult to go back to those types of experiences and the reason I say that is because the entire game was created around this 4v4 focus.

I wouldn’t even know where to start. Like do you know double the team size or like create bigger maps.

It’s not like we couldn’t do it, it’s just there are so many things that are fundamentally reliant on how the systems connect, it would be pretty difficult to do.

Sorry I have to break fans hearts. I believe the experience is so good that I want them to play it and see it for themselves.

Didn't Luke Smith say Clash was in it? This makes it seem like it's gone. And it makes it seem like they have no plans to bring Rumble back either.

deviant1

I still don't buy their reasoing for dropping Rumble (they could still do 6 player Rumble on these Maps), but there's no reason to drop Clash. 4v4 Clash is Control without the control points and score buffs.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Lars Bakken said:
Sorry I have to break fans hearts. I believe the experience is so good that I want them to play it and see it for themselves.

I did, it isn't. 4v4 continues to be a huge bummer.

His answer to the esports question is completely unsurprising as well.

Top Bottom