• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

FyreWulff

Not trying to instigate anything here.. but I was looking on the Destiny subreddit and some one was discussing how Bungie should celebrate the last week or so of Destiny 1 by doing things like allowing more than one exotic to be equipped, loot cave returns, etc. And I was going to reply and say well with the launch of D2, Bungie is probably "All hands on deck".

But as I was about to hit Send, a thought crossed my mind. Destiny 2 has not not gone Gold yet... which is scary as we are almost 2 weeks away from launch.

Has Bungie made any comments regarding D2 and going Gold?

Gold doesn't really mean anything with a continually updated game. They've already confirmed the game is going to have a Day 1 patch that applies right before it goes live so whatever build is being preloaded is the 'gold' one.

Quick question. If I still have the Beta file installed, will the D2 pre-load just overwrite that when it drops on PS4?

No.

Gold doesn't really mean anything with a continually updated game. They've already confirmed the game is going to have a Day 1 patch that applies right before it goes live so whatever build is being preloaded is the 'gold' one.
Right but for people buying physical copies of the game, they will need time to print out the physical discs of the game and distribute them before launch. Which is what going Gold signifies that they are beginning to start that process. I'm going digital so it most likely won't affect me. But I was still curious.

Right but for people buying physical copies of the game, they will need time to print out the physical discs of the game and distribute them before launch. Which is what going Gold signifies that they are beginning to start that process. I'm going digital so it most likely won't affect me. But I was still curious.

Yeah, this prevailing thought that suddenly games with online components don't go "Gold" anymore is silly to me.

"Gold" doesn't mean a game can never be updated, get DLC/expansions, etc but rather it's a release candidate/milestone for the developer which signifies the game is finished in it's vanilla state (which doesn't necessarily mean the the studio isn't still working on a Day 1 update).

We all know that games change and are expanded upon over time (this is nothing new or a revelation of any sort) but, again, that has nothing to do with "Gold" or the finality of a vanilla release.

In any case, pre-load has started, the game launches in just over two weeks, and more Destiny content is always a good thing.

I know I'm late to the party but my Age of Triumph shirt arrived and I'm really happy to have it as something to remember my time in D1 by. Destiny introduced me to so many sides of social gaming that I hadn't explored prior, and going in blind to each raid is up there with the best gaming and social experiences I've had. Especially, especially, Vault of Glass.

My most played game of all time, from going in completely unaware about anything about it. I just saw the screenshots from the beta that were posted here and picked it up not knowing much more than that. I fell down the rabbithole and loved every damn second of it.

DHxXs_-XgAA3rqQ.jpg:large
DHxXxyUXkAAVDke.jpg:large

I can't wait to see all of you in Destiny 2 soon, it's going to be such a blast.

FyreWulff

Like I said, wouldn't matter since Destiny discs are basically just keys to download the actual client anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if the disc is only capable if installing some base assets but otherwise is inoperable until you connect to the internet.

Like I said, wouldn't matter since Destiny discs are basically just keys to download the actual client anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if the disc is only capable if installing some base assets but otherwise is inoperable until you connect to the internet.

True, I guess it really doesn't matter in cases like that. Guess I didn't think that through.

Is there a clan for PS4 yet?

Not sure how we'll handle this, tbh. There's 300+ members in the Discord alone. The PS4 community is ~500. No one clan can handle it all, so there probably won't be an official DGAF clan.

Anybody have any idea on how to handle this? Maybe I can put a listing of DGAF clans in the OT?

Cornbread78

Not sure how we'll handle this, tbh. There's 300+ members in the Discord alone. The PS4 community is ~500. No one clan can handle it all, so there probably won't be an official DGAF clan.

Anybody have any idea on how to handle this? Maybe I can put a listing of DGAF clans in the OT?

Maybe separate the clans by region/time zone and casual/hardcore?

Example:
EU Destiny GAF "Raiders" = EU Hardcore GAF
EU Destiny GAF "United" = EU Casual GAF
NA Hardcore GAF
NA Casual GAF
AS Hardcore GAF
AS Casual GAF

GAF "Swingers" = Roster mixed with anyone that may play at odd time.

Separate by play-style and region and if players are on a hardcore roster and stop playing then they should get bumped to the casual roster (either forcibly by the admins or by choice)

ori0n378e

Example:
NA Hardcore GAF
NA Casual GAF
AS Hardcore GAF
AS Casual GAF

Separate by play-style and region and if players are on a hardcore roster and stop playing then they should get bumped to the casual roster (either forcibly by the admins or by choice)

I like this but most of DGaF is already part of Clans.

Since D2 is going to make Clans more important to the game, it would be interesting to know how active each of their clans are. If not really active, maybe we could get this going???

Raven117

Example:
NA Hardcore GAF
NA Casual GAF
AS Hardcore GAF
AS Casual GAF

Great in theory, but my bet is it will still end up being done here in Gaf with "Looking for 3 more" kind of thing.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Keen as to be an integral cog in the DGAF ANZ clan, not sure if I'm casual or hardcore though..maybe will be in both?

That launch trailer is hype AF..so good, this is gonna be epic guardians!

Cornbread78

Great in theory, but my bet is it will still end up being done here in Gaf with "Looking for 3 more" kind of thing.

Which is fine. The rosters are more of a formality anyhow, so it's just a way to make it easier to place everyone.. Lots of LFG posts incoming, lol.

shermas

Gaf members, I need advice... on the night of September 5th, at 9pm pacific time, I will be sitting in a hotel room, away from home for a three day work trip.

Which online service (PS+ or XBL) has a better chance of actually working via the horrible Internet service I'll be using (potato hotel wifi or iPad hotspot - whichever is better)? I was not on PS4 for the Destiny launch, but I've heard terrible things. BUT! PS4 usually functions pretty well with hotel wifi, whereas Xbox does not.

I like this but most of DGaF is already part of Clans.

Since D2 is going to make Clans more important to the game, it would be interesting to know how active each of their clans are. If not really active, maybe we could get this going???
Could there be a DGaF Clan Alliance set up?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rule of thumb is join the clan where there are people you are playing with the most. Having something like for casuals, for hardcore doesn't make sense. There should be no reason casuals couldn't play certain activities with the hardcore, etc. For regs, there are plenty of clans going around. Just join the one that suits you. We're all part of the GAF clan when it comes down to it.

Aumann

Destiny GAF,

Can anyone help me get the Strength of the Pack achievement? I need 2 people to join my clan and complete a strike so I can get this. 1 of 4 achievements that I have left to complete before Destiny 2. I can also join someone's clan if that's easier. Gamertag is Awmann.

Thanks!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You can add me and I can help you out whenever. It seems like I'm the only person playing these days.

Wagon anyone? You have two weeks to savor the good stuff about D1 before Luke turns to the dark side and takes you on another ride.

Cornbread78

You can add me and I can help you out whenever. It seems like I'm the only person playing these days.

Wagon anyone? You have two weeks to savor the good stuff about D1 before Luke turns to the dark side and takes you on another ride.

Do you just play Crucible at this point, or do you do strikes and story stuff as well?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My new thing is to shoot them once, run away and make them follow me then turn around and bam.

PVP all day. I will help out in other areas if I can.

Cornbread78

Destiny GAF,

Can anyone help me get the Strength of the Pack achievement? I need 2 people to join my clan and complete a strike so I can get this. 1 of 4 achievements that I have left to complete before Destiny 2. I can also join someone's clan if that's easier. Gamertag is Awmann.

Thanks!

I need this as well, so I'm down if ya'll are on this weekend.

I've only been in the same clan now for about 10 years (since RFoM) lol.

Planned on going GAF finally for D2.

Edit, I'm on PS4.... dammit.

I need this as well, so I'm down if ya'll are on this weekend.

I've only been in the same clan now for about 10 years (since RFoM) lol.

Planned on going GAF finally for D2.

Edit, I'm on PS4.... dammit.

I've some free time this week so I can probably help too. I'm only avail later evenings due to my time zone.

FiraB

Banned
Are we still sticking primarily to PS4?

Still want the PC version for screwing around but need to know if I'm renewing my PSN sub on the 5th of September for the gravy train.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So with Destiny 2 launch trailer, I went to reminisce about the first few days with the game...

https://secret-scrubland-31430.herokuapp.com/2/GraveRobberX/

Day 1:
Story: 7 hours 2 minnutes
Strike: 2 hours 42 minutes
Patrol: 5 hours 44 minutes
Control: 0 hours 12 minutes

Total: 15 hours 40 minutes played...

Day 2:
Story: 0 hours 13 minnutes
Strike: 1 hours 10 minutes
Patrol: 0 hours 48 minutes
Control: 0 hours 44 minutes
Team: 0 hours 8 minutes

Total: 3 hours 3 minutes played. Looks like Day 1 wrecked me looooooool.

Day 3:
Story: 0 hours 35 minutes
Strike: 4 hours 58 minutes
Patrol: 3 hours 24 minutes
Control: 0 hours 30 minutes

Total: 9 hours 27 minutes played.

Longest session in Destiny ever:

December 13th, 2014
Story: 2 hours 13 minutes
Strike: 0 hours 10 minutes
Raid: 11 hours 29 minutes (guessing Day 1 of Crota)
Patrol: 3 hours 2 minutes
Control: 1 hours 11 minutes
Iron B: 1 hours 50 minutes

Total: 19 hours 55 minutes played... Jesus, 20 fucking hours of Destiny!

ori0n378e

Never saw that sight Grave. Pretty cool. My longest day was 8 hours roughly and mostly raid, probably with Hawkian on a newbie raid.

D2 will be awesome, especially with DGaF!

Cornbread78

Pfftt, newbie raids.. Who cares about those damn warlock noobs that can't jump...

I just miss the 45 min Crota runs, still getting 100% and not having to do "jumping" sections! Fuck Vault of Glass and TKK, lol. I like to shoot shit and blow stuff up!

I'm only at 342 light, anyone have any quick ways to get enough good drops to do the RoI raid in the next 2 weeks?

Also, is there a guide to unlock the missions you get trophies for in the dlc. I finished the story for both, but haven't come accross those missiobs yet...

Destiny GAF,

Thanks!

Hi - what timezone are you in? I can help but I'm in the UK, so you posted at 1 a.m. my time.

There is an xbox Club, and Xbox clan linked in the OT. Xbox club is called DestinyGAF.

Msg me on Xbox, GT is the same as here.

DeviantBoi

Man, I ordered a new HDD when I read that Destiny required 69GB on the PS4. I figured that by the end of the first year, it would be up to 100GB - 20% of my stock 500GB HDD.

It's good to hear it's only 30GB. I'll still take advantage of the new 2TB SSHD I bought... lots of games I bought on sales but never downloaded because they're too huge (Wolfenstein, for example).

Midas

So with Destiny 2 launch trailer, I went to reminisce about the first few days with the game...

https://secret-scrubland-31430.herokuapp.com/2/GraveRobberX/

Longest session in Destiny ever:

December 13th, 2014
Story: 2 hours 13 minutes
Raid: 11 hours 29 minutes (guessing Day 1 of Crota)
Patrol: 3 hours 2 minutes
Control: 1 hours 11 minutes
Iron B: 1 hours 50 minutes

Total: 19 hours 55 minutes played... Jesus, 20 fucking hours of Destiny!

Interesting stats, this is my most crazy day;

2015-01-24
Story: 0 hours 8 minutes
Raid: 17 hours 33 minutes
Patrol: 0 hours 52 minutes
Control: 2 hours 27 minutes
IronBanner: 0 hours 32 minutes

Number45

Interesting stats, this is my most crazy day;

2015-01-24
Story: 0 hours 8 minutes
Raid: 17 hours 33 minutes
Patrol: 0 hours 52 minutes
Control: 2 hours 27 minutes
IronBanner: 0 hours 32 minutes
Holy shit, I thought my 12+ hours raiding in a day was bad.

Top Bottom