• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

The build of Destiny 2 playable at Gamescom was different (in a good way) from the abysmal beta last month.

Weapons felt stronger and did more damage. I can't be certain but I felt the movement turn speed was improved slightly. Ttk in pvp was more or less the same but some weapons did feel like they were tweaked a bit (Fusion rifle is still mad OP).

Then I played the PC version and it was glorious. Felt like a new game. But I don't see myself switching to PC until we get cross-save. And playing a hybrid fps with keyboard mouse felt super clunky to me.

PC version + controller + cross save is the dream. Make it happen Bungie.

Will be attending again tomorrow and also catch the bungie presentation at the blizzard stage.

After 4 rounds pvp at Gamescom I think 4vs4 was the right decision, more intense and more fun.

I agree but only when you play as a team. Solo players have little chance in making a difference mainly because of the slow time-to-kill, so team shooting is a must.

28 kills and 4.0 kd in one game and I got my super charged once in the span of 10 minutes.

The build of Destiny 2 playable at Gamescom was different (in a good way) from the abysmal beta last month.

Weapons felt stronger and did more damage. I can't be certain but I felt the movement turn speed was improved slightly. Ttk in pvp was more or less the same but some weapons did feel like they were tweaked a bit (Fusion rifle is still mad OP).

Then I played the PC version and it was glorious. Felt like a new game. But I don't see myself switching to PC until we get cross-save. And playing a hybrid fps with keyboard mouse felt super clunky to me.

PC version + controller + cross save is the dream. Make it happen Bungie.

Will be attending again tomorrow and also catch the bungie presentation at the blizzard stage.

I agree but only when you play as a team. Solo players have little chance in making a difference mainly because of the slow time-to-kill, so team shooting is a must.

28 kills and 4.0 kd in one game and I got my super charged once in the span of 10 minutes.

That's some good news.

Kadey you still rock.

any gaffers attending gamescon, can you grab an extra confluence of light emblem code for me please? The next event i'm at I will try and return the favor.

Share the love!

Deku Tree

I closed down server and purged it of members.

I don't want to create any drama and apparently it was already topic of shit talk on DGAF Discord so hearing loud and clear it isn't wanted addition to DGAF.

Untitled1.png

Saying "what's up with this?" and reposting your demanding that I leave your server because I said that is a long way away from how you describe it. Just saying...

Dez_

Started to watch that patrol video, but quickly stopped myself. I don't really need to see anymore. I am ready to play Destiny 2. At this point, I'd like to go in knowing as little info as possible.

Started to watch that patrol video, but quickly stopped myself. I don't really need to see anymore. I am ready to play Destiny 2. At this point, I'd like to go in knowing as little info as possible.

This right here. For both Destiny and Mario, I'm on total blackout.

EL CUCO

I like everything you have to say right here! Well...with the exception of your KB/M comment. We'll just chalk that up to your scrubbiness on PC :p

MikeyMike

Question : People were bitching about Hunter not bringing anything useful to the team... has this been fixed?

Haven't played since early TTK (was burned after finishing the raid a few times) but planning to come back in 2 weeks.

Never used Discord but now would probably be a good time.

ViciousDS

Banned
ah crap, i somehow left the discord server

can someone send me an invite for it lol

Also whos in charge of the PC clan for D2? I'm hearing the PC beta is actually testing clans

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I've been playing Destiny since the beta but never bothered with the Platinum until the beginning of this year when I realized I only had to get the flawless and a max Warlock subclass. The flawless was easy to get with some people who needed it, but the Warlock mastery.... took FOREVER. Didn't help that I got distracted by Zelda, Horizon, Nier, etc.

But I finally got it, on to Destiny 2!

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to Gaf but I'm a very into Destiny so I thought I'd stop by and say "Hi".

Can't wait for D2 so if anyone wants to add me for co-op or raids when it comes out, send me a friend request on PSN. username: wiesga01

Kyoufu

I've been playing Destiny since the beta but never bothered with the Platinum until the beginning of this year when I realized I only had to get the flawless and a max Warlock subclass. The flawless was easy to get with some people who needed it, but the Warlock mastery.... took FOREVER. Didn't help that I got distracted by Zelda, Horizon, Nier, etc.

But I finally got it, on to Destiny 2!

Congrats!

Cornbread78

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to Gaf but I'm a very into Destiny so I thought I'd stop by and say "Hi".

Can't wait for D2 so if anyone wants to add me for co-op or raids when it comes out, send me a friend request on PSN. username: wiesga01

Welcome. Can't wait to explore a new world all over again!

dmix90

So... Will there be an ingame friendlist for Destiny 2 PC version or it will use battle.net system? I just tried to add a friend from US in Blizzard app and could not do so until i switched region from EU to US. This is fucking insane. He could not see my request either until he switched to EU and even if we added each other in both regions we are not able to interact if we are in separate regions. What the fuck of a system is that?

Cornbread78

I finally got the Platinum. Finally. Only need 2 more RoI trophies to have 100%.

Damn, legit question. How did you get the TTK trophies? I keep doing all the strikes and story missions and only got the story completion trophy, but none of the other trophy missions are appearing....

When I saw the EDZ footage yesterday, I thought the new NPC sounded familiar.
Now I'm watching this Blizzard show and it dawned on me... Is that Balthier from Final Fantasy XII?

Juan

Holy cow. EDZ/Lost Sector Loot Spoiler:
Subclass Artifacts!? SUNBREAKER!?

Is subclass
Nightstalker
confirmed?!

H9oJJrT.jpg

kbGW6RI.png

The picture above show the arclight ability for Warlock, so yup, seems like you can earn artifact from Lost Sector to earn a new subclass for each class. To be honest,
I didn't think it would be available in the vanilla Destiny 2 and I thought you would have to wait next year expansion. Can't say I'm not surprised!

Pictures taken from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBkPP1oUwOs

Frostburn

Not watching any of the new footage released today, the game is only a few weeks away and since so much is an unknown still for me I'd rather keep it that way to really discover the world myself.

So my current plan is:
Destiny 2 physical base game pre-ordered from Amazon for PS4 to play with all of DGAF until AT LEAST the PC release then
Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe PC version pre-ordered on Battle.net for Day 1 PC play
and
Destiny 2 Limited Edition pre-ordered a while ago, coming from Gamestop for PC (Since they don't seem to be doing release date shipping for pre-orders without crazy costs I have the digital version ready).

Also Luke if you are reading the thread, congrats on the upcoming release! Also: Bungie.net profile character migration or cross-play for our Guardians PLEASE! I really would love to be able to play with my friends on PS4 and PC without having to live 2 separate guardian lives.

Juan

Looks like it is just quoted on mobile. Maybe that is what the mobile site does? (Booooo)

Can't say for mobile, I post from my computer, but it's spoiler quoted from here (spoiler for, well, spoiler, and quoted because the picture was too big and it wasn't pleasing).

hiryu

Are there any active Destiny clans with room that will be active in Destiny 2? My characters are in one of the original clans that were setup like DGAF East but I haven't seen anyone else on it for a long time.

Cornbread78

Are there any active Destiny clans with room that will be active in Destiny 2? My characters are in one of the original clans that were setup like DGAF East but I haven't seen anyone else on it for a long time.

I think the admins are all working on how they want it to work now. I gave an idea to restructure last week, but nothing specific has come up as of yet. I guess they have 2 weeks to figure out how they want it to work.

It is important since clans are so much more important now....

Bungie.net finally gave me a battle.net PC beta code today (for a pre-order code I redeemed on bungie.net after the console beta had concluded).

GhaleonEB

I didn't join a clan with D1, but I'd love to do so with Destiny 2, if any have room. (I'm assuming most here will just roll over from D1.)

Cornbread78

I didn't join a clan with D1, but I'd love to do so with Destiny 2, if any have room. (I'm assuming most here will just roll over from D1.)

Same here. Should I just make a new one for all the newbies tgat have been posting for a new home?

I'll see if I can hit up Hawk on PM & Discord..

Top Bottom