• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Eric WK

I'm seriously considering re-buying D2 on the NZ PSN store for... like a 14 hour head start.

What. Is. Wrong. With. Me?

This wouldn't be the worst way I've ever spent money.

According to a post on Reddit, for PS4 it's as easy as:

Create a New Zealand PSN account

Set as home account on your PS4

Buy game

Change to original account and play

I'm struggling to see why this wouldn't work, but I don't know if I should gamble.

Assuming we're all like 300ish or higher, it's not really necessary to have 6, but of course if someone wants it!

The bridge is new mechanics, you can't send over one like you used to. or at least it didn't work for my group.

if you need another I can go after this overwatch match

traveler

Not Wario
(Destiny 2 exotic weapon spoiler)
So how long until LFG runs require everyone run Rat Pack for the raid lol? Interested to see what 6x stacks looks like...

I can't believe the sword disappeared, one final fuck you from Destiny I guess.

I only hinted at it because it happened in one of my runs and I just had flashbacks of that. Didn't think it'd actually happen.

You all did great adapting to that especially the guys who haven't done it before.

chur

Luke plz
ill%20fix%20it.gif

anyways im still here and cant wait til D2 comes out!!! Has Kadey and Chur made a clan yet? lemme know
I joined Kadey's clan (for PS4)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Two awesome, badass DGAF farewell raids today <3
Imma call this the "wait are we doing challenge mode" FK raid, alternatively the "so you know half of that was spent on the warpriest right" or the "Gibb has to get to the mechanic, soooo" KF raid.

Bizarrely enough we had no trouble with the jumping puzzles at all XD

Thanks Pandora, GibbShift, Azolith, Nico, and WeTeHa for a hilarious and fun farewell to a raid I always liked more than most around here, and the one that was the most stunning of the four to me the first time through.

--

And a flawless CE, which so happened to be Traxus' first CE clear

EVERY conceivable thing went wrong for the Crota fight...

First round Swordbearer played hard to get and went to California before we killed him, so the run back holding the sword used too much time to kill him in one cycle...

Second cycle the Y1 disappearing sword glitch as one final middle finger from the Son of Oryx. this is the point at which my heartbeat went into overdrive as we hadn't explained the ogre phrase at all yet.

Somehow kept our cool, dodged all the cursed thralls, Gjally'd the ogres, remembered at the last possible second to wait for an extra rotation, spat at the oversoul, and made it happen.

My heart is still pounding right now

Thanks Cornbread, Wiesga, Supersonic, Traxus and special thanks to Solidsnake jumping in at go time to seriously help us get them the Flawless.

Skeletron

Traxus12 here. Fuuuuck, that was an adrenaline rush. Thanks for the memories y'all. The battle with Crota was insane, can't believe we made it through that dragging my newb ass around. You guys have such an intricate knowledge of the raid, to be able to adapt to shit like that...its crazy.

I can't wait to get in on the D2 raids from the ground floor while everyone is still experimenting and learning the mechanics. It's going to be a blast. Wish I had done the same with D1.

If anyone is free again tomorrow night 11pm EST I'm down to do any of the other raids. :) Otherwise I'll see you starside in D2!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can't believe the sword disappeared, one final fuck you from Destiny I guess.

I only hinted at it because it happened in one of my runs and I just had flashbacks of that. Didn't think it'd actually happen.

You all did great adapting to that especially the guys who haven't done it before.
I was stunned, I hadn't seen it in 2017 I don't think, though I had heard it was back.
Aw man, King's Fall is my fave raid :(
If you think of them in terms of doing each raid one time, I think it's the best one. It's really solid thematically and the bosses are quite well-done mechanically, especially Golgoroth. When it becomes something you're talking about doing 100 times, and without much variety if things go the way they're supposed to, I get why people came to dislike it, since it's just the outright longest overall (thus the thirst for the Totems checkpoint, which skips some of my favorite stuff) and more than one encounter invites insta-wiping if there are just one or two deaths. I still enjoy it though :)

Of the 4, I think WotM has the best balance of "first time awe" and "replayable fun." The way we can make the Siege Engine cry uncle now compared to the first time we tried that is pretty dope.

Dineren

Banned
I hadn't heard of the sword disappearing, but I'm really glad that didn't happen with the group I was in for flawless raider. I was way more stressed out than I should be playing a game, I didn't need my suffering extended further.

FyreWulff

According to a strategy guide scan from reddit, you can't play the campaign coop until you beat it solo. They aren't that clueless, are they?

I would imagine this is a launch-period only thing, if true, especially if they're interested in doing campaign co-op matchmaking, it'd be nice if everyone in MM knew what they were doing.

They did a similar thing in Reach - campaign matchmaking was disabled for the first while until most of the playerbase had a decent amount of time to chew on it, and then it was opened up because it could put you in any mission in the game.

Dineren

Banned
That would be a deal breaker for a friend of mine, I really hope that isn't true. I couldn't find anything on Reddit about it.

Hi guys, if you have any requests relating to the addition of clans to the OT, kindly contact JohnofMars via pm or discord since he is making the Destiny 2 OT.

Invite to discord server can be seen by quoting the OP of this thread.

Cheers.

Didn't know these existed until 5 minutes ago. Ordered!!

Destiny 2: Stranger Than Faction Magnets

I also wanted the ghost bottle opener but only cause it's a magnet too. But it's sold out or double the price on Amazon.
Destiny-Ghost-Bottle-Opener.jpg

tmac456

Poured a lot of time into vanilla destiny but never came back for the DLC. Ready to invest a lot of time into D2.

PS4 gaf, add me: Hoosier07

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Kadey says you should be able to request to join. Also something about wanting your firstborn.

It says the party is full til people leave the clan. also kadey can have whatever of me..firstborns, babies, my soul, etc

I'm struggling to see why this wouldn't work, but I don't know if I should gamble.
This will definitely work. Two things to keep in mind though:

(i) Any DLC for the game will HAVE to be purchased on that NZ account else it won't work. DLC needs to be the same region as the game.

(ii) Any microtransaction DLC WILL NOT carry over to your original account, only the NZ account gets the stuff from the microtransactions.

robo

Didn't know these existed until 5 minutes ago. Ordered!!

Destiny 2: Stranger Than Faction Magnets

I also wanted the ghost bottle opener but only cause it's a magnet too. But it's sold out or double the price on Amazon.
Destiny-Ghost-Bottle-Opener.jpg

My local game (uk) had them in still, plus the hats and the faction key rings.

No paying £40 fir the candles thhough lol.

GlamFM

Banned
According to a strategy guide scan from reddit, you can't play the campaign coop until you beat it solo. They aren't that clueless, are they?

Wait what!? That´s true? WHAT THE FUCK?

That´s huge.

Also thread worthy.

Can someone confirm?

Hyun Sai

I heard something like that, but it was less than confirmed because the wording was ambiguous.

I believe it's in the "Can you play Destiny 2 solo" thread in gaming section.

traveler

Not Wario
I wanted to play the campaign through solo the first time anyways, but that is definitely a disappointing move. Not sure if any benefits there outweigh the negatives.

GlamFM

Banned
I heard something like that, but it was less than confirmed because the wording was ambiguous.

I believe it's in the "Can you play Destiny 2 solo" thread in gaming section.

Saw that, and now this.

This needs confirmation.

Huuuuuuuuge, GIGANTIC bummer if true.

Top Bottom