• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

SpecX

Oh yeah this appears to be a different glitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_g3mmzStg

well then

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

I almost want to reinstall the game to try this.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Three full days.

Alright who's up for NFx3? Must have a master's in rocket launcher usage and can throw a sword while swinging another. And if you're half demon even better.

They did not nerf the grasp by that much. Still my go to.

FyreWulff

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

I almost want to reinstall the game to try this.

Yeah, I have a feeling they'll fix this soon. It's clearly a desync bug. When you're doing it, people actually don't see you in super, they just see you holding your regular gun.

Also, if you throw a grenade as a hammertitan, it looks like it triggers a sync check and your super will drain properly and end.

My brother and I were fucking around with it last night in a private game. We turned on the fire dash ability and were just infinite hammerdashing around the map while his friend tried to escape us. Fire Zombies. They should promote undraining supers to an actual custom game feature.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Soon. Join up.

You definitely have to hit all headshots with grasp now. Before you could get away with a few not.

Never before did I think horn would actually be better for PVP. Truth is my 99% go to in PVP.

Game is way more campy. If you see them using a sniper you can be sure they are going to camp.

Have not seen one single shotgun in five matches.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Game seem more dead than pre-patch.

Talk about killing off shotguns though. Not only did they kill it for PVE and for overall use but special ammo nerf eliminates them completely. I almost feel bad. They want variety but this isn't exactly variety.

ocean

Banned
40, how? Vanilla was set to level 30. CE increased it to 32, HoW 34 and TTK to 40 and introduced LL.

Afaik vanilla players shouldn't be able to go beyond lvl 30 and LL 170.
Yeah but those 30/32/34 caps were different. Back then it was gear that leveled upon past 20.

Now you level up with EXP all the way to 40 regardless of the Light quality of your armor. I don't know, however, what the light cap is for engrams in Vanilla content. Either way he'd probably reach max level (40) and just not have access to any sources of high light gear.

He's not locked out of vendor faction packages I assume - those could possibly be high light? Classic Crucible playlists drop at TTK light as well, that may also be a way to crack past the Y1 170 stuff.

Just theorizing, no way for me to test tbh

Melchiah

The hotfix was entirely meant for PvP, and was noted as much back in January.

Hand cannons are more fun. 20% buff to Chaperone's PvE damage has been fun in this week's heroic strikes.

Hand Cannons and Auto Rifles might be more fun in PVE now, but Truth is now useless, Shinobu's Vow is weaker and less useful in Arc Burn strikes, guardians with armor values above 10 have reduced health, and health regen doesn't work. That's not really something that would add to the PVE experience, and that's pretty much how it's been with most of their patches.

I have no doubt I'd hate the new pvp patches. My favorite play style when I quit was running around with a fusion rifle. I know that wasn't anywhere near what most people were doing but it was the most fun for me. With the special ammo getting a huge nerf I suspect that my preferred play style is dead in the water.

At least there's still mayhem... On the weeks it's available that is.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Handcannons are definitely better. Feels good hitting shots that look like they hit.

Sunbreaker infinite with solar burn in strikes too fun.

123rl

I think I just got a weapon that's as close to a God Roll as I've ever had in this game

Keystone 01 Scout Rifle
Extended Mag or Snapshot
Perfect Balance or Outlaw
Firefly

All three rows have a perk I really want. This could be my new default gun for every activity

Number45

I really struggled to gel with the recoil of the Keystone. Maybe PB will make it manageable, I don't think mine had much in the way of stability perks.

123rl

I really struggled to gel with the recoil of the Keystone. Maybe PB will make it manageable, I don't think mine had much in the way of stability perks.
I've been using Last Extremity recently and that has a bit more stability, but not by much. With PB it will be a much higher stat though. I've used it in one game and it seems good so far. I think it just needs to be fired a little slower due to the stability

Mindlog

I wonder if they're actually looking forward to a new Max LL Crota's End or if they're covering for the fact that this is all because of Hungering Blade in the new special ammo economy.

Maybe it's proof that Crota's End was never going to be brought up to current LL. Who knows? Maybe they saw how important Red Death was when soloing Crota so this is proof it's coming back? Remember when everyone wanted an Infusion helm?

The ways of Bunglor are a mystery.

I wonder if they're actually looking forward to a new Max LL Crota's End or if they're covering for the fact that this is all because of Hungering Blade in the new special ammo economy.

Maybe it's proof that Crota's End was never going to be brought up to current LL. Who knows? Maybe they saw how important Red Death was when soloing Crota so this is proof it's coming back? Remember when everyone wanted an Infusion helm?

Recall that Transfusion is a Striker perk. :p

Btw the way if you want to go full meta the Vestian Dynasty is the best sidearm in the game

C4-0KSOWIAM_WbS.jpg

Zero recoil and has ridiculous range (like way farther than The Wormwood), if you deleted it you can pick up the house of wolves quest from the kiosk, the whole thing took about an hour

Btw the way if you want to go full meta the Vestian Dynasty is the best sidearm in the game

C4-0KSOWIAM_WbS.jpg

Zero recoil and has ridiculous range (like way farther than The Wormwood), if you deleted it you can pick up the house of wolves quest from the kiosk, the whole thing took about an hour

it a straight upgrade in every department, more range, stability, reload speed and aim assist according to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...YFUX71JU32tg2E/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

The only downside is that its not hitscan, is the projectile really slow or do you not notice it? i destroyed it long ago

I didn't notice it as the stability makes up for lack of hit scan. I was killing people at crazy ranges with no damage drop off :d

Edit travel time is next to nothing

zethren

Banned

I can't help but feel like the comments in that thread are going waaaaaaaaay overboard, here. I get that people are upset about losing special ammo on death, but I think it's a good change. I certainly don't think they broke the game. I'm not sure that going from a shotgun meta to a sidearm meta is necessarily a bad thing, either. Besides, I haven't had much of an issue getting access to the special ammo I need from the crates.

I suppose it would be more balanced if sidearms didn't spawn with their bullets, but that's a pretty defining characteristic of that weapon type.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Does Crucible tend to give you rewards based on what you use? So like if you use a scout rifle or sidearm you are more likely to get one as a reward post match?

Top Bottom